Recruiting Forum Football Talk IV

Status
Not open for further replies.
A statement costs nothing. Even if the only benefit is to make your fanbase feel better, you only gain from it.

Right now, new kids eyeing the portal, daily. Even small doubts caused by the media's TN obsession, can make the difference in us getting on their initial short list.
Obviously we can overcome that but in our situation, if you can do *anything to help mitigate any negative*, then you do so.. the end.

Especially when you've already been forced to show up at street races against Bama and GA driving a Yugo.

Can’t believe all the posts about not enjoying being with family during the holidays. 😳 We has a ball together. I laughed until I was hoarse. The grands ran around chasing my daughter through the house while screaming at the top of their lungs. I said it was the “sound of happiness” to which my nephew said it was the “sound of birth control” lol.

Your grandparents are still alive? And they can run? Wow, you definitely win! 🤠

Or are they spirits? That would be more concerning 🤔

So who's top of our hot board if Heupel bounces? Chadwell? Mehlen?
iu

Stop.

Just went thru our Vol Football social media thread on Twitter. We do a hell of job promoting the team and our kids. I assume most of schools do the same but it was highly impressive how clean and professional everything looks. Random as hell I know lol.

I mean, it does sound better than having your coach posting pics of tags from areas with job openings and trolling your own fanbase..
But maybe that's just me.

Interesting notes from a Sooner:

LR stock was declining every year. He took over in 2017 when OU was at heights it hadn't been at in a decade. He did a great job that year. But there hasn't been a single year since that was better than the year before. It's been a steady decline since 2017.

• 2017 we win the big 12, lose a super close game in cfp. Heisman winner, 1st overall draft pick.
  • 2018 we win the big 12, lose pretty bad in cfp. Heisman winner, 1st overall draft pick.
  • 2019 we win the big 12, get destroyed in the cfp. Heisman finalist.
  • 2020 two conference losses, win big 12, no cfp. No Heisman
  • 2021 two conference losses, multiple one score wins, no big 12 title, no cfp, no Heisman.
Boohoo what a major regression. They haven’t had a Heisman winner in 3 whole years and had 2 losses with a true freshman quarterback this year. I’m surprised they didn’t just fire him before he jumped ship

im sure he will address that with each recruit when he talks with them…. No need for a press release.

I don’t see the downside of a public statement. Sure, they could do damage control for each individual recruit, but why not just take care of it all with one tweet (and assuage the angst your battered fanbase at the same time)?

I understand people saying it isn’t necessary, but given our past and the cutthroat nature of the recruiters in this league, wouldn’t you think it’s advisable?

Last edited:
From multiple OU fans on another board - Apparently there was some bad blood between Heupel and Oklahoma after Stoops let him go. Heupel felt like he was the scapegoat. Apparently the offense that year was performing well enough, but the defense was not. Bob decided to can Heupel instead of his brother Mike who should have been let go to save face that they were making changes. The same posters said Heupel to OU won't happen because of how that went down - which is perfectly fine with me.

Quotes from the OU posters on Heupel leaving for OU:

"He took a lot of the heat when our teams weren’t as good as expected, however, mike stoops was the DC and the offense was light years better than the defense. Bob Stoops fired him and hired Riley. In all honesty, mike should have been cut lose long before JH. Heupel won’t come back to any type of OU function, even the 2000 NC banquet this past summer."

"There’s exactly 0% chance that happens. Neither side has many good feelings towards the other"
Dusty Devorchek, or however ya spell it, alluded to the same this morning.
He’s a Oklahoma guy, and said he should def be considered, but highly unlikely he’ll even take the call basically based on how he left.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back