Recruiting Forum Football Talk IV

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don’t see the downside of a public statement. Sure, they could do damage control for each individual recruit, but why not just take care of it all with one tweet (and assuage the angst your battered fanbase at the same time).

I understand people saying it isn’t necessary, but given our past and the cutthroat nature of the recruiters in this league, wouldn’t you think it’s advisable?
I don’t think it will make a huge difference….. Danny is the best in the business…. If it needs done…. He will handle it.

Yep…. Came in here…. Removed most of our history from the walls putting up USC players in their place….bailed on us and tried burning us to the ground on the way out the door….continues to ridicule us on Twitter…..some of our fans act like he is the only coach in America that can win a football game…. I want to kick his azz on the football field…. Not bring him back.
This guy? (locker room after our game)

Uhg..
But it's pointless, he will never be offered here again...

Can't imagine walking past the statues, into Neyland, standing for tPOTS and then seeing that talking camel scrotum order our players to flop and crawl around on the ground like wounded vermin..
He's the reason throat punches and mustard bottles were invented.

I don’t think it will make a huge difference….. Danny is the best in the business…. If it needs done…. He will handle it.

I don’t think it will either, but you’re better off putting out the small fires while they’re small. This is Tennessee; unaddressed rumors have a way of snowballing very quickly around here.

Anyone who has had to live in Oklahoma and was able to escape will never go back to Oklahoma.

Love our coach and hope he is here for the long haul, but I have no idea what roots he has back in S.D. Pretty easy to get to there from Norman. Never underestimate family ties. My parents moved from Knoxville to SD for about a decade.... Not for me... along I90 you can seemingly drive hours between tree sightings... Wall Drug out west is cute and of course Rushmore is a must see, but wow is it desolate for the most part. But it is pretty and pheasant hunting is good for sure. I am a product of E. TN and into mountains, lakes and streams. Hope coach is convert. But was proud when Johnny came marching home and understand the alma mater is a draw concept. Will feel better when that slot if filled.

I don’t think it will either, but you’re better off putting out the small fires while they’re small. This is Tennessee; unaddressed rumors have a way of snowballing very quickly around here.

If DW and JH really do have an understanding that he would not leave for OU, one reason to let it ride publicly and just make private assurances as needed is the tried and true strategy of keeping your name out there for a little while as a coach that OU would/should really want to hire.

Last edited:
Now they're saying Grinch isn't a good DC 🤔
No Oklahoma DC they have they think is good. They won't admit it now because it looks bad, but OU people were not broken up with Venables left for Clemson, because they didn't think he was anything special (and I do agree that he was somewhat overrated there).

Interesting notes from a Sooner:

LR stock was declining every year. He took over in 2017 when OU was at heights it hadn't been at in a decade. He did a great job that year. But there hasn't been a single year since that was better than the year before. It's been a steady decline since 2017.

• 2017 we win the big 12, lose a super close game in cfp. Heisman winner, 1st overall draft pick.
  • 2018 we win the big 12, lose pretty bad in cfp. Heisman winner, 1st overall draft pick.
  • 2019 we win the big 12, get destroyed in the cfp. Heisman finalist.
  • 2020 two conference losses, win big 12, no cfp. No Heisman
  • 2021 two conference losses, multiple one score wins, no big 12 title, no cfp, no Heisman.

These morons don’t know what bad seasons look like. What a spoiled and arrogant group of fans. They’re gonna get ****ing demolished in the SEC

Biggest disappointment from Riley to LA has to be de1. Gonna stop getting those checks. LR gonna tell em to **** off now that he has California talent
Theres no doubt With Patterson leaving TCU, UK & Stoops rumors and Riley going to LA you just know Supercuts and the Barber Boys are punching air right now!

Inside speculation on Stoops and UK: they’re looking to try to make him 5-7 highest paid coach in the land. Wants a new indoor facility and a higher recruiting budget.
would be wild if they paid him that much

Interesting notes from a Sooner:

LR stock was declining every year. He took over in 2017 when OU was at heights it hadn't been at in a decade. He did a great job that year. But there hasn't been a single year since that was better than the year before. It's been a steady decline since 2017.

• 2017 we win the big 12, lose a super close game in cfp. Heisman winner, 1st overall draft pick.
  • 2018 we win the big 12, lose pretty bad in cfp. Heisman winner, 1st overall draft pick.
  • 2019 we win the big 12, get destroyed in the cfp. Heisman finalist.
  • 2020 two conference losses, win big 12, no cfp. No Heisman
  • 2021 two conference losses, multiple one score wins, no big 12 title, no cfp, no Heisman.
He's incredibly dumb and has no perspective.

Riley's 5 seasons at OU were better and more consistent than Stoops's last 5 seasons. They are upset Riley couldn't win a CFP game, but Stoops couldn't either.

Reactions: Brillovol
Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back