Riley to USC…the inevitable Josh Heupel to OU freak out thread

Then why is everyone who can afford a U Haul getting the HECK out of Cali as quickly as their cars will take them? California is loony ville now and everyone knows it
Riley will regret this move. USC will “protect” him if he’s winning but when he starts to lose, he’ll look around and see LA and Cali can be a pretty nasty place to live

Then why is everyone who can afford a U Haul getting the HECK out of Cali as quickly as their cars will take them? California is loony ville now and everyone knows it
When you make 10 million a year like Riley you can afford to live there. The mass exodus is due to the cost of living.

Agreed. Take the money while you’re near the top because once Oklahoma goes to the SEC they’re in for a rude awakening. This gets him big money and job security for a longer period of time than in Oklahoma.

Also everyone's motivation for changing jobs is different. If he woke up today and decided he wants a change of scenery, so be it.... I don't think any more or any less of him.... And honestly, I wouldn't think any more or any less of Heupel if OU somehow got him.

Riley will regret this move. USC will “protect” him if he’s winning but when he starts to lose LA and Cali will look pretty nasty

Actually there will be less pressure on him at USC compared to OU. At OU, you are literally the president of the entire state..... At USC, you're like the 4,426th most famous person in the area.....

Not really understanding the Riley leaving OU for USC. Seems like a lateral move to me. I thought Riley would get a NFL job at some point. Another thing to consider is the fact that Stoops had the cupboard stocked pretty good before Riley took over but that’s not the case at USC. He could struggle a bit at first
Getting out just in time really. He knows his W/L% would get a whole lot worse once he started coaching in the SEC.

I once had the Norman area described to me as "worse than Iraq" by several people that I work with that had started their careers in Iraq or who had fought there.

I know that is a joke but take it for what you will. Some told me with straight faces.

Reactions: kcvols1
Riley's stock is as high as it has ever been..... He's cashing it in for a big time job in California. What if the reason he is leaving is cause USC offered some outrageous contract? Would he be an idiot to turn it down just to keep his day job? He's shown he can win at a 1-2 team conference.... Big 12 and Pac 12 are virtually the same.

Who knows, man? It’s just so questionable whether he can be as successful at USC, and everyone seems to be accepting the fact that he will as a foregone conclusion. Sure, he may get more cash, but his family is already set for several lifetimes given salary earned and incentives already reached. To think these numbers are anything less than ego is a bit off.

It’ll all come out in the wash in the next couple weeks. Carousel looks to be pretty entertaining in the meantime.

Hype isn't Kiffen and Kiffin isn't coming back. Huepel still has something to prove HERE. I would be worried after next year's successes about losing him. I think he stays HERE at UT regardless of playing at OU. DONT forget that OU fired him as an assistant and those same folks are still there to do it again. Hype not leaving!!!

When you make 10 million a year like Riley you can afford to live there. The mass exodus is due to the cost of living.

And the idiocy. I deal with families moving to middle Tennessee weekly from California and Michigan mostly, and while cost of living is a big factor so are the idiotic laws and regulations/lack of law enforcement, etc.

I once had the Norman area described to me as "worse than Iraq" by several people that I work with that had started their careers in Iraq or who had fought there.

I know that is a joke but take it for what you will. Some told me with straight faces.

😂😂😂

QUESTION CLOSED.

Reactions: ButchPlz
Hype isn't Kiffen and Kiffin isn't coming back. Huepel still has something to prove HERE. I would be worried after next year's successes about losing him. I think he stays HERE at UT regardless of playing at OU. DONT forget that OU fired him as an assistant and those same folks are still there to do it again. Hype not leaving!!!

I would seriously question Heupel's judgement if he turns down OU wanting to interview or offer him the job. I would also question OU's judgement if they didn't pursue him....

If Heupel isn't pursued, its our gain.

We need to hire Mullen immediately after Huepel announces he is leaving this week.

VN Store

Back