Tiyon Evans officially has entered transfer portal

He has nowhere he can go except try the NFL if he’s academically ineligible. Kid better hope he can at least make a practice squad somewhere. No way he gets drafted
Would you draft someone like him and pay him? He'd be no better than a undrafted free agent and no guaranteed money. Kid would have a lot to prove before I'd show any faith in him.

He wasn’t going to be eligible since he wasn’t going to class. Coach won’t put up with that. Bet they had a man to man!

he has to be academically eligible to get into school to be replaced as one of 7. I just looked that up. So if he can't transfer due to academics, then can't be replaced. He might have to go back to Juco to get academics right.

Wow. That would really suck then. It’s one thing about losing him but then not being able to replace him?

Leaving before the end of the term definitely means the grades won’t go on the record. It’s ridiculous not to do at least the minimum, but it’s really the only move for him and the team. If he stays he’d be academically ineligible, and would also really limit his transfer ability. Smart move from a really stupid position.
Academically, it's well past the withdrawal without a grade stage and since the University played him, he had to still be enrolled. He's getting grades unless he gets an exemption of some kind.

I don't know if you went to college but you can't just magically "unenroll" at the end of a term to make your grades not be recorded. That's not how it works.

Reactions: irish1485
Would you draft someone like him and pay him? He'd be no better than a undrafted free agent and no guaranteed money. Kid would have a lot to prove before I'd show any faith in him.

With every thing that’s available to athletes he chose not to go to class or help himself. I doubt very seriously he’d be committed to earning a spot anywhere.

Reactions: CAVPUT and A.J.
I'm hoping for the day to come quickly when we no longer require high-risk recruits/transfers. Maybe Tiyon will get his stuff together so he can provide for his child. Time for that young man to grow up and make good decisions.

I wish I could say next man up and that we’ll be fine (and maybe we will) but he will be harder to replace than that. Special player

Maybe he’s following Chandler to UNC? I understand going to class and doing any schoolwork not needed there. Get enrolled in the right classes and everything just takes care of itself.

Don’t let the door hit you on the way out you loser. There’s no “ ME” in Team and you are the ultimate Me type of player we dont need. Hope we never see “VFL” next to your name

Ah, there's are beloved "fans" trash talking a kid because they left a football team. Grow the **** up.

For me this situation highlights that high level college sports need to divorce from college and be sports.

Some professions require academics, many don't. Many professions require "on the job" apprentice periods or "in house" training. And yes, many require a "certificate" or even a licensure test, but many, many professions don't require a "college degree."

Sports should require participation in school? Why?

Basilio reporting he couldn’t get a NIL deal. So he gone. Stating our NIL program is far behind other schools.

Lack of body of work on field was given as an issue for NIL.
He also expected him to be done with college football and the transfer portal was a surprise.
Watch Jackson State.
Imagine what Pruitt told him he was gonna get if he came here. No Pruitt now.

Last edited:

VN Store

Back