Tiyon Evans officially has entered transfer portal

Missed his family, so he went home for Thanksgiving and decided not to come back?

If he is not officially in the portal (but just announced) I wonder if the timing works for us to get a scholarship to replace him.

Since he has not been going to class, I wonder how that is a factor with him specifically.

To qualify for a replacement (Tennessee is not going to have an issue coming up with 7 replacement "spots" due to transfers. There will be plenty of transfers happen still) all that is required is for players entering the portal to finish up this semester. Then they qualify to be replaced.

I've seen speculation by several who would know that are not too sure Tennessee will even go for 7 transfers, let alone more. They might, but not sure that has been decided yet. Lot depends on how many leave, how many seniors return for super senior status and how many spots on 85 they have available. Roster numbers are very dynamic.

He had opportunities at Tennessee to look into and get NIL deals. Had at least two meetings scheduled to discuss them and he didn't bother to even show up. At some point, you have to engage if you are interested in playing college ball and that means doing everything you are asked to do to make it happen.

I will be very surprised if he ends up playing anywhere in 2022. You have to want to.
He has nowhere he can go except try the NFL if he’s academically ineligible. Kid better hope he can at least make a practice squad somewhere. No way he gets drafted

He had opportunities at Tennessee to look into and get NIL deals. Had at least two meetings scheduled to discuss them and he didn't bother to even show up. At some point, you have to engage if you are interested in playing college ball and that means doing everything you are asked to do to make it happen.

I will be very surprised if he ends up playing anywhere in 2022. You have to want to.

Wow. You can’t fix that kind of stupid. Can’t even show up to meetings to talk about NIL deals? It sounds like we are better off as a program with him gone. Has to be some jucos and transfers who would love to be the feature back in this offense

I don't wish the best to players who are given playing time and voluntarily leave our program. This isn't a Harrison Bailey situation. This is a Jalen Hurd situation. He fit our system well. We gave him the ball when he was healthy. Then he walks out on his team. No,
I don't wish a guy like that well. I hope his next stop sucks and he regrets leaving

Hurd was lied to by a coach he trusted, who turned out to be untrustworthy. That being said, you can decide for yourself to hate on a player without a thorough knowledge of circumstances. Rumors can be found. That Tiyon wasn't going to class. None of us were in class with him, so don't know that. He had bad grades. None of us graded his class/homework, so we don't know that. His injures were the reason he's leaving. We're not his medical services or advisors, so we don't know that. You make your decision, mine is not follow the current tendency infecting our nation to be hateful, acting as judge, jury, and executor, in general being as bad or worse than offenders themselves.

Tearing someone else down doesn't build you up. It just makes you look smaller than the fallen.

If the reason for transferring is not wanting to go to class, where else is he gonna go that will allow that? Unless he goes NFL he just shot himself in the foot because of laziness.

How entitled do you have to be to expect not to have to go to class? How entitled do you have to be to quit because of that? How entitled do you have to be to quit on your teammates at THIS time in particular and think its ok? How do you have this mentality? This says nothing good about his character.

If the kid is really dealing with something off the field I hope everything is ok. But if it's about grades... GRADES?! I mean geeze, get outta here. College ain't that hard, it's just expensive and you had a free ride.

I am glad Heup is punishing lack of academic performance at least. It requires character and commitment to see things through for a diploma and that will lead to a higher caliber of player and more team unity in the long run.

...is this a plan to help us? Consider, if he flunks out, he's gone and we lose a spot. By declaring to transfer, he let's us replace him with another transfer. Maybe the coaches helped him do this?
raw

Since he has not been going to class, I wonder how that is a factor with him specifically.

To qualify for a replacement (Tennessee is not going to have an issue coming up with 7 replacement "spots" due to transfers. There will be plenty of transfers happen still) all that is required is for players entering the portal to finish up this semester. Then they qualify to be replaced.

I've seen speculation by several who would know that are not too sure Tennessee will even go for 7 transfers, let alone more. They might, but not sure that has been decided yet. Lot depends on how many leave, how many seniors return for super senior status and how many spots on 85 they have available. Roster numbers are very dynamic.
My question was whether Evans would qualify for a replacement - I thought it was timing of the transfer. But, if he is required to finish the semester, he probably will not qualify, since it sounds like he will withdraw academically to avoid the Fs.

My question is moot if we qualify for 7 without Evans (makes me nervous to guess who this 7 might be).

Hurd was lied to by a coach he trusted, who turned out to be untrustworthy. That being said, you can decide for yourself to hate on a player without a thorough knowledge of circumstances. Rumors can be found. That Tiyon wasn't going to class. None of us were in class with him, so don't know that. He had bad grades. None of us graded his class/homework, so we don't know that. His injures were the reason he's leaving. We're not his medical services or advisors, so we don't know that. You make your decision, mine is not follow the current tendency infecting our nation to be hateful, acting as judge, jury, and executor, in general being as bad or worse than offenders themselves.

Tearing someone else down doesn't build you up. It just makes you look smaller than the fallen.

I'm open to changing my mind if more information comes to light. As of right now I feel that he is walking out on his teammates

Leaving before the end of the term definitely means the grades won’t go on the record. It’s ridiculous not to do at least the minimum, but it’s really the only move for him and the team. If he stays he’d be academically ineligible, and would also really limit his transfer ability. Smart move from a really stupid position.

My question was whether Evans would qualify for a replacement - I thought it was timing of the transfer. But, if he is required to finish the semester, he probably will not qualify, since it sounds like he will withdraw academically to avoid the Fs.

My question is moot if we qualify for 7 without Evans (makes me nervous to guess who this 7 might be).

he has to be academically eligible to get into school to be replaced as one of 7. I just looked that up. So if he can't transfer due to academics, then can't be replaced. He might have to go back to Juco to get academics right.

I'm open to changing my mind if more information comes to light. As of right now I feel that he is walking out on his teammates

We both agree he's walking out on his team. We both don't appreciate his doing that. We differ only in our attitudes about pre-judging before actual facts are known.

Last edited:
Had to completely withdraw from school before Dec. 1 or would be ineligible anyway. This way his transcripts say W instead of F. He wouldn’t have played a bowl game this year even if he’d been healthy. Wouldn’t have been eligible, but would’ve declared for the NFL before that came out. Someone will take a chance on him and he will try to take the same path to the league next year.
Good luck to him. GB🍊

Reactions: SayUWantAreVOLution

VN Store

Back