Tiyon Evans officially has entered transfer portal

Wow. That would really suck then. It’s one thing about losing him but then not being able to replace him?

they will not have an issue with getting 7 players to be replaced. there are going to be more transfers happen after tomorrow. Its a question if Tennessee is going to want that many transfers or just rely on high school / juco signees. Lot depends on how many leave (transfer and graduate) and how many they need to get to 85. Right now, getting to 85 appears to not be an issue and will need quite a few to leave.

Reactions: BigOrangeTrain
Doesn’t him going into the portal allow us more coming in from the portal. Better for him to go into the portal, (knowing he is actually just going to give the NFL a shot)

He probably doesn't leave now. Maybe he gets encouraged to go to class. It happens.

Either way, pretty sure he's just going to the league. Don't think he'd even be eligible to transfer.
Will not get drafted if he does that. We see athleticism and potential because we wear orange color glasses. He hasn’t proven anything.

Basilio reporting he couldn’t get a NIL deal. So he gone. Stating our NIL program is far behind other schools.

Think some have the cart ahead of the horse. An NIL deal for a "kid" that hasn't done muh is market forces at work. Perform on the field, someone will want you to help advertise your business. Do nothing on the field and no one really cares.

This kid falls in the latter category.

Reactions: Bigorange123
Will not get drafted if he does that. We see athleticism and potential because we wear orange color glasses. He hasn’t proven anything.
The original rumors were that he was going to want to go pro.

If he isn't eligible to play then he will go pro.

He'd get on a training camp roster at the very least.

Ah, there's are beloved "fans" trash talking a kid because they left a football team. Grow the **** up.

He’s not wrong.

I’m sure you’re fine with grown adults being babied to death when something doesn’t go their way.

Dude quit. Plain & simple.

Think some have the cart ahead of the horse. An NIL deal for a "kid" that hasn't done muh is market forces at work. Perform on the field, someone will want you to help advertise your business. Do nothing on the field and no one really cares.

This kid falls in the latter category.

I think you misunderstand NIL. For some, there will be a true market exchange, and endorsement will foster business. By and large, NIL seems to be a way to move cash to players for on field performance, or the potential for same for recruits and transfers, that has little to do with actual advertising for the sponsor. In those cases, the wealthy alum is using the system to ensure the programs success , not build the alum’s business.

Per Basilio and a few others, UT got caught flat footed, thinking NIL was a year or so away. So very Tennessee.

Good back, did his job this year. Great blitz pick up, very physical.

Seems odd, so I won't judge him since I dont have many of the facts. Hate the timing and hate the loss, but we roll on.

Makes sense though. Look at Evans Twitter feed
I did and found at least 3 NIL deals he was involved with in a matter of seconds. Basilio counts on his listeners being too lazy to do their own research. Fortunately for him, most of them are

Reactions: golfballs
Very good player and very disappointing. If the rumors are true (maybe, maybe not) this is more likely about grades. I would think he wouldn't qualify at a different school in that case. The other likely possibility is that he felt he deserved the NIL money. I am very confused about how the NIL deals work. Does each school have a limited number of these? Are they monitored? If not, it seems like the richest areas with the most financial support would always get the cream of the crop. I'm torn on the paying players issue, on one hand it feels like these guys are being exploited for their talent (risking the potential $$$ they could make on every play) but also I love the amateur aspect of college football(my opinion is that's what makes it so fun to watch). I do not understand making the players play until their junior year. If I have an ability that someone is willing to pay big bucks for why would I not be able to take advantage of the opportunity. Some may say they are not ready but I think the market would take care of that. Sorry for the rambling nature of this post but hopefully someone can shed some light on some of this. Thanks.

Reactions: DixieVol
He probably doesn't leave now. Maybe he gets encouraged to go to class. It happens.

Either way, pretty sure he's just going to the league. Don't think he'd even be eligible to transfer.

He was given everything to succeed at Tennessee and chose not to follow through. What would make any GM/Coach believe he’d be worth a shot on the team?

Did he want to spell his head coach's name correctly? ... hmmm... UT as an academic institution seems to have either - not served this young man well - or it was not a good fit.

His ratings must be tanking because he’s stirring up crap again. This isn’t true.
I trust what LWS says about the NIL stuff, how he didn’t show up for the meetings.
Evans has a maturity problem, and it’s showing up now. I’m happy with Wright, Small, and Whitehead back there tomorrow, in the bowl game, and in the future . They have shown initiative and they play hard for Tennessee. The door is wide open for a stud back to sign. It’s not like they won’t get a golden opportunity to showcase their skills…

Reactions: Woke

VN Store

Back