The Astroworld/Travis Scott incident

The replies here are largely as I expected.

And also as expected the same standards argued here are not applied by the same posters to Trump on 1/6.

The replies here are largely as I expected.

And also as expected the same standards argued here are not applied by the same posters to Trump on 1/6.
Are you serious? I’m sure you’re trying to play the race card here. Literally no one in here is blaming the rapper. The replies are actually probably the opposite of what you were hoping for. It’s a concert, he’s is trying to put on a show. Just like any other performer. Quit trying to make something it isn’t.

Not guilty of course, but probably liable in civil.

IDK about making jokes at 8 innocent dead people's expense while the bodies are barely cold, but I guess it is the toxic politics forum.

And if you don't know who Travis Scott is, then you are an old soul. Like really old.

His claim to fame though is dating Kylie.

All she does is take bikini pics though so I have no idea why she is famous.

Last edited:
Honestly, this is on crowd control. They didn't control the crowd.

I have been to hundreds of concerts & shows and it is pretty much impossible to control crowds once they get that large.
The issue here appears to be chute related. They funneled people in a narrow area and did not make multiple "check points". Looked like a free for all. While it's difficult it isn't impossible. With proper resources and planning, not letting people "free for all" you can manage large crowds successfully.

Reactions: PEPPERJAX
Exactly what are the "security forces" supposed to do? They are way outnumbered and focused on dealing with what's happening right then and there. Here's a video of the "fans" rushing the gates:

Extended video on this Tweet:

If there is anyone to blame, it's the "artist" and the fans.

This.

Circus came to town, they should have been prepared for the clowns that showed up. Next time they can get the cowboys to bring in cattle shoots.

Fortnite Cancels Travis Scott After Astroworld Tragedy

The online game Fortnite has canceled the Travis Scott emote from its item shop following his performance at Astroworld Music Festival on Friday in Houston, Texas, where at least eight people were killed.

An emote that includes an audio snippet of Scott’s track “Out West” was deleted from Fortnite’s shop. An emote is a dance move or action that characters can perform during an online game.

The game has also temporarily disabled the shop’s “Daily” section.

Fortnite Cancels Travis Scott After Astroworld Tragedy

Thousands Sign Petition to Cancel Travis Scott 2022 Coachella Performance

A petition to stop Travis Scott from taking the stage at next year’s Coachella Festival has attracted thousands of supporters in the wake of Friday’s deadly Astroworld crowd crush.

Music lover Sendero Secretos has started a Change.org petition to block the star from appearing at Coachella in April and in the petition’s outline, Secretos alleges the “tragic and unnecessary deaths” at Astroworld occurred “due to Scott’s own gross negligence and sheer lack of compassion for human life.”

The petition is addressed to Coachella’s official organizers, AEG, Paul Tollet and Goldenvoice, who have not publicly responded.

Thousands Sign Petition to Cancel Travis Scott 2022 Coachella Performance

I dont think Scott can be held liable criminally at least, but I dont understand what happened at all. I get people being close, but either they oversold tickets or the area wasnt big enough for the amount sold there is no reason it shouldve been that cramped. Astroworld organizers are the ones at fault imo.

I haven't looked deep into this but I don't know how you put this on Travis Scott. If he encouraged them to rush the stage then there may be some liability there. Many of these outside concerts are wherever you can stand events with the exception of upfront seating which I don't think was the case here.

I think there is a lesson for parents allowing their young kids to go to events like this. The drug use, excessive profanity, etc eventhough we used to go to events when we were that age.

Apparently Scott dates one of the weirdo Kardashian girls.

I've watched interviews from singers. They talk about when on stage, they literally tell their fans to do anything and the fans would listen. Many singers said it was almost scary how much influence they could have on a crowd.

Reactions: BreatheUT
I dont think Scott can be held liable criminally at least, but I dont understand what happened at all. I get people being close, but either they oversold tickets or the area wasnt big enough for the amount sold there is no reason it shouldve been that cramped. Astroworld organizers are the ones at fault imo.
Astroworld IS Travis Scott. He created it, curates it, promotes it, organizes it, and headlines it...it's HIS festival. Also, he encourages crashing gates, rushing the stage, and "raging". He encourages his fans to crash the gates at his shows, and disregard security. It's what he's all about. Been arrested a couple of times for it after his shows.

Was only a matter of time for this to happen...surprised it didn't happen sooner.

Astroworld IS Travis Scott. He created it, curates it, promotes it, organizes it, and headlines it...it's HIS festival. Also, he encourages crashing gates, rushing the stage, and "raging". He encourages his fans to crash the gates at his shows, and disregard security. It's what he's all about. Been arrested a couple of times for it after his shows.

Was only a matter of time for this to happen...surprised it didn't happen sooner.

Thanks for the info. I haven't read all the takes but this sounds huge.

I hadnt read all that, then if thats how it goes he should be at least be able to be sued in civil court. As far as the other stuff, i good see some sort of negligence charges for that. It makes more sense to if he encourages it, I had a few buddies who did security for events like that and from their procedures to all of the different branches that are usually on site it was hard for me to wrap my mind around the amount of un ruly things that happened.

From what I've read it looks like there's plenty of liability to go around. Local sheriff told them crowd control was an issue. They were short staffed for medical issues. Too many people and the entrances were already overwhelmed. Once it started, workers ignored and threatened people who tried to tell them people were getting crushed. They ignored pleas to stop the show. When the Scott guy saw an ambulance making its way through the crowd, he told them to "make the ground shake." Dont know if there's criminal liability, but i assume there's some kind of exposure to a civil suit for lots of people/companies.

Reactions: SugarCC

VN Store

Back