The Astroworld/Travis Scott incident

lawgator1

Lawsuits already filed. More to come. Apparently the rapper Travis Scott has a history of goading people into getting amped up and is alleged to have done it again here.

My question is, who do you blame, the rapper who encourages his fans to do this and was slow to react when it occurred, or the security forces that failed to prevent it as it happened.

My question is, who do you blame, the rapper who encourages his fans to do this and was slow to react when it occurred, or the security forces that failed to prevent it as it happened.

I haven't looked deep into this but I don't know how you put this on Travis Scott. If he encouraged them to rush the stage then there may be some liability there. Many of these outside concerts are wherever you can stand events with the exception of upfront seating which I don't think was the case here.

I think there is a lesson for parents allowing their young kids to go to events like this. The drug use, excessive profanity, etc eventhough we used to go to events when we were that age.

Apparently Scott dates one of the weirdo Kardashian girls.

People are responsible for their own actions. If they get “goaded” into being an idiot they’re still an idiot.

/thread

I haven't looked deep into this but I don't know how you put this on Travis Scott. If he encouraged them to rush the stage then there may be some liability there. Many of these outside concerts are wherever you can stand events with the exception of upfront seating which I don't think was the case here.

I think there is a lesson for parents allowing their young kids to go to events like this. The drug use, excessive profanity, etc eventhough we used to go to events when we were that age.

Apparently Scott dates one of the weirdo Kardashian girls.

A weirdo Kardashian girl (Kylie Jenner) who's only a self-made billionaire.

Last edited:
Reactions: NashVol11
I'm not aware of any unarmed security force that can stop 50k people if they want to do something.

You’re a lawyer….both, take all the money! And find a way to tie Jenner for her money too

Astroworld Victim Axel Acosta Suffocated, was Trampled ‘like a piece of trash’ amid crowd panic: lawyer

A 21-year-old who was killed during Travis Scott’s deadly Astroworld show in Houston was suffocated by a “river of people” and then “trampled over … like a piece of trash,” an attorney representing his family said during a news conference Monday.

Lawyer Tony Buzbee said the family of Axel Acosta, one of eight people who died during a crowd surge at the ill-fated concert, along with at least 35 others will file suit against Scott, Live Nation and other parties involved with planning and managing the event, alleging their “gross negligence” led to the loss of life and hundreds of injuries.

“The air was literally slowly squeezed out of him,” Buzbee told reporters of the computer engineering student.

Astroworld victim Axel Acosta was trampled, suffocated

The band Great White feels like now is a good time for them to have their comeback tour with all attention removed from them and focused on Scott.

Reactions: NEO and Zues1
I don’t see how you can blame anyone other than the people doing it. Security isn’t going to have to the numbers to stop this amount of people during a sudden surge. And all performers are trying to amp up their crowd.

I honestly don’t think Scott is guilty of anything. I don’t see how he should pay a dime for this. Maybe the insurance company for the venue can pony up some money for the victims since the venue didn’t do a better job of crowd control. This really is just a situation where you have to acknowledge sometimes bad crap happens in life and just move on.

I think ultimately anyone associated with putting this show on will be found to have some liability due to the multiple loss of life.

Reactions: Wireless1
It would make for better headlines if people were trampled getting to the stage at a Rush concert.

VN Store

Back