Recruiting Forum Football Talk IV

Status
Not open for further replies.
only Volnation would be scared of a QB that couldn't get past 3rd string on the depth chart for two separate staffs... players he couldn't beat out include: JG, Milton, Shrout... hell, Brian Maurer got snaps over him at one point.. the only thing HB leaving hurts is depth for the rest of THIS year.. after Vandy, who cares... good luck to him, but other than that, lets fill his spot with someone that fits the offense is going to push everyone else in the room

It was literally implied in his post that he said screw him he isn’t a Vol and could care less about him. Well he would stay a Vol if he would play. But our coaches told him honestly that he wouldn’t so he has to leave if he wants to play.

Think most, myself included, are just frustrated he left before season's end since, at least from the outside looking in, there doesn't appear to be much benefit in doing so.

It was literally implied in his post that he said screw him he isn’t a Vol and could care less about him. Well he would stay a Vol if he would play. But our coaches told him honestly that he wouldn’t so he has to leave if he wants to play.

You spin the narrative though and post things that people never said. Everyone said that they hoped he would develop this year because there is no guarantee that Hooker is back.

I will try to add some color as concisely as I can from a big picture perspective. First, there is naturally a lot of focus on the emergence of EVs and its impact on the demand for electricity. But, there is also a huge demand for electricity with the emergence and growth of big tech companies (e.g., Google and Amazon). These companies are huge in the cloud data storage arena. This requires a huge amount of electricity use, and it never shuts off. A Ford factory or a steel plant requires a ton of electricity, but it can be powered down or shut off. Long story short, the amount of electricity use worldwide over the next 30 to 50 years, according to some reports, is going to increase by 60%. Emerging countries like India and China use and require a tremendous amount of energy.

So, this brings into question the sources of energy generation. Obviously, there is a ton of discussion around green energy sources like wind and solar. What many don’t realize is that the technology for wind and solar is not available today to operate as a base load operator. The transmission systems are not designed to operate with intermittent power supply. The proof of this can been seen within the last 12 months in Europe and even in Texas. The research into renewables will continue to progress and probably get better. A lot of time will be needed.

Now, we think about the transition to renewables. I will not bring my personal views on the matter into the discussion. It is well known that the current and previous democratic administrations have pushed the transition in a pretty rapid fashion. They are incentivizing this through huge tax credits. The current administration is currently trying to extend these credits. However, this transition costs huge amounts of money by building wind and solar farms and the transmission systems. Hundreds of millions and billions of dollars. The utilities finance these projects through rate hikes, which negatively impacts the ratepayers. More alarmingly, the current administration is influencing the continued transition to renewables through influencing the Fed and capital markets. These entities are being influenced against lending to fossil fuel producers (i.e., coal, natural gas, oil), which limits their growth and operating capacities.

There’s a lot here, and I could discuss the matter for hours in more detail. The global supply chain issues are in everyone’s mind. I suggest people track their utility bills over the next 6 months as the weather gets cold. I suggest people research all the uses of oil byproducts. I will reiterate people research the materials involved in developing EVs (specifically the batteries), where they come from, and who are currently the largest investors.

IMO, a key takeaway is the idea of base load generation and our current infrastructure.

good post.....I have some pretty deep rooted bias regarding this subject since I retired from it after 40 plus years....I am of the opinion that throwing these billions of dollars into all of the renewables doesn't make much sense.... investment into more pumped storage generation for meeting peak loads and nukes as base load would reduce reliance on fossil fuels much better and quicker than the so called renewables.....

This is reminding me of Dormady.

Jumped to Houston, didn't play then jumped to Central Michigan and had a fairly solid senior year there under McElwain.
I think HB has more upside than Dormady though.

But it also wouldn't shock me if HB went to a really good G5 school and just focused on having some elite numbers for the next 2 to 3 seasons before declaring (or grad transferring back to a P5 school)

What is going on up in this forum? Been away from the recruiting forum awhile, and find myself confused to step back in. So much has changed with like random question threads, thread title protocol violations, and an abundance of discombobulated portal threads. Speaking of which, should the portal threads be standardized to something like *Portal* Juan Vasquez, UTSA Punter?

Reactions: SmokinBob
It'll be interesting to see what happens at the end of this season. We're most likely 100% taking a QB transfer (staff may just look for a grad transfer to add depth just for next season).

Cause if Hooker leaves for the draft Milton will be in line to be the starter, but you'll need a 2nd string guy to help buffer Tayven being able to RS and spend his first year conditioning/learning the offense. You could also simply take a JuCo or a lower rated guy as well...depends on who ya can get and who is interested. But if ya do take a grad transfer then they would be hoping to compete for the starting job against Milton and he in turn may not be happy about that situation.

Could also see Hooker return and then you likely lose Milton....less likely to land a grad transfer but can maybe still snag a JuCo or Transfer guy. I think Tayven will be willing to win/compete going into his 2nd season. He seems pretty firm in his desire to play here and for Heup.

Who knows I'd be talking to Zion Turner to try and add him to this class, would also be talking to both the Penn State QBs that are committed and I'd also talk to the USCJr commits, especially if HB ends up there.

Reactions: VolsDoc81TX
only Volnation would be scared of a QB that couldn't get past 3rd string on the depth chart for two separate staffs... players he couldn't beat out include: JG, Milton, Shrout... hell, Brian Maurer got snaps over him at one point.. the only thing HB leaving hurts is depth for the rest of THIS year.. after Vandy, who cares... good luck to him, but other than that, lets fill his spot with someone that fits the offense is going to push everyone else in the room

Woah, Apparently I missed a lot.
Who accounting for volnation says they're scared of HB?😂

I don’t care about anyone that transfers to any other college from Tennessee…. I understand the reasons the other guys transferred and I understand why Bailey chose to transfer…..I try to not be petty but sometimes it’s hard especially if they go a power 5 school that I hate.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back