Recruiting Forum Football Talk IV

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not UK bc Levis has a lot of eligibility left. FL doesn’t make sense bc of Richardson. Mizzou likes Bazelak and he’s young. UGA lol.

So it’s USCe. In dire need of a QB
He will get killed behind that pathetic OL...if he is smart (which according to Jacket, if I understand him correctly, he is not) he will go somewhere that needs a QB, but already has a good OL.

If he goes anywhere in conference, then I really hope he rots...I hate every other SEC team and every player on them.

This has to be the dumbest take on this problem. A full time employee would spend their days reviewing film, preparing for their game by communication techniques with their team and adjusting to the speed of the game. Part time employees spend maybe an hour a day after their real jobs and then are together for the game. Oh, and don’t forget that 2 week workshop they get during their vacation.
If the sped up offenses are causing the bulk of the problem, why were they so bad before then?

This has to be the dumbest take on this problem. A full time employee would spend their days reviewing film, preparing for their game by communication techniques with their team and adjusting to the speed of the game. Part time employees spend maybe an hour a day after their real jobs and then are together for the game. Oh, and don’t forget that 2 week workshop they get during their vacation.
If the sped up offenses are causing the bulk of the problem, why were they so bad before then?
Hilarious that he is blaming sped up offenses. Names the 2 teams that benefit the most from keeping sped up offenses at a disadvantage. Fast offenses are a way to make up for a talent and depth disadvantage. Now name to two teams that have the greatest talent advantage. SEC doesn’t even try to hide their bias. His deflection of the issue makes 0 sense if the goal was the best football possible, but the goal is to make more money by protecting the top teams and guarantee 2 playoff spots.

He will get killed behind that pathetic OL...if he is smart (which according to Jacket, if I understand him correctly, he is not) he will go somewhere that needs a QB, but already has a good OL.

If he goes anywhere in conference, then I really hope he rots...I hate every other SEC team and every player on them.

Honestly, since this isn't a situation of "where your heart is", but about his future, he'd be smart to get away from the SEC defenses.

Idc how competitive he is, every QB loves putting up big numbers. Regardless if he's capable, as long as he thinks he is, he should think about one of the no defense conferences.
Way smarter than facing elite defenders with toilet paper protection.

I don’t see any scenario in which Hooker enters the NFL this year. One positive: NIL deals are going to be a really big tool that schools can use to get persuade guys to stay in school.

Leave now and be a 5th round pick or stay here, put your numbers, improve your game/stock, and make 500k off NIL deals.
And I don’t see him reaching his current status after years of toiling away at it. This would be his most solidified hold on the starting job with a great chance to improve. There’s not a litany of quotes from the young man, but he seems to make very well thought out decisions.

I wish he had of waited till the end of the year but I don’t blame him for wanting to go somewhere he thinks he might be able to start….If he wants to be successful…. He doesn’t need to believe that he wasn’t given a fair shot…. He needs to understand what he struggles at and work to fix it…. He has to process info faster and work on his longer throws….. sideline and deep.
If he was smart, he should go to Duke and let Cut get a hold of him. But I’ll get more info soon as I know a few high school coaches who keep up with the Bailey’s. Every QB has things to work on. Milton needs to literally work on everything yet your guy made him out like the next Cam Newton. Flat footed, touch, processing, etc.

If he was smart, he should go to Duke and let Cut get a hold of him. But I’ll get more info soon as I know a few high school coaches who keep up with the Bailey’s. Every QB has things to work on. Milton needs to literally work on everything yet your guy made him out like the next Cam Newton. Flat footed, touch, processing, etc.

Who dat

Or you could share your knowledge with us. Please, hope that first sentence doesn’t come across wrong. I am interested for sure.

I will try to add some color as concisely as I can from a big picture perspective. First, there is naturally a lot of focus on the emergence of EVs and its impact on the demand for electricity. But, there is also a huge demand for electricity with the emergence and growth of big tech companies (e.g., Google and Amazon). These companies are huge in the cloud data storage arena. This requires a huge amount of electricity use, and it never shuts off. A Ford factory or a steel plant requires a ton of electricity, but it can be powered down or shut off. Long story short, the amount of electricity use worldwide over the next 30 to 50 years, according to some reports, is going to increase by 60%. Emerging countries like India and China use and require a tremendous amount of energy.

So, this brings into question the sources of energy generation. Obviously, there is a ton of discussion around green energy sources like wind and solar. What many don’t realize is that the technology for wind and solar is not available today to operate as a base load operator. The transmission systems are not designed to operate with intermittent power supply. The proof of this can been seen within the last 12 months in Europe and even in Texas. The research into renewables will continue to progress and probably get better. A lot of time will be needed.

Now, we think about the transition to renewables. I will not bring my personal views on the matter into the discussion. It is well known that the current and previous democratic administrations have pushed the transition in a pretty rapid fashion. They are incentivizing this through huge tax credits. The current administration is currently trying to extend these credits. However, this transition costs huge amounts of money by building wind and solar farms and the transmission systems. Hundreds of millions and billions of dollars. The utilities finance these projects through rate hikes, which negatively impacts the ratepayers. More alarmingly, the current administration is influencing the continued transition to renewables through influencing the Fed and capital markets. These entities are being influenced against lending to fossil fuel producers (i.e., coal, natural gas, oil), which limits their growth and operating capacities.

There’s a lot here, and I could discuss the matter for hours in more detail. The global supply chain issues are in everyone’s mind. I suggest people track their utility bills over the next 6 months as the weather gets cold. I suggest people research all the uses of oil byproducts. I will reiterate people research the materials involved in developing EVs (specifically the batteries), where they come from, and who are currently the largest investors.

IMO, a key takeaway is the idea of base load generation and our current infrastructure.

No doubt... the only reason SC scored what they did was because their QB is pretty mobile/agile... I don't want to see HB in this conference either, but if he does go to SC, we should be licking our chops unless their roster/OL is overhauled

All my guy said was that he was impressive physically and the most consistent in practice. He did show more touch in practice….. not sure if it is nerves or whatever that causes him to not translate it into games.

Sheesh…no one ever said this. Literally, no one said he is supposed to wait 4 years.
It was literally implied in his post that he said screw him he isn’t a Vol and could care less about him. Well he would stay a Vol if he would play. But our coaches told him honestly that he wouldn’t so he has to leave if he wants to play.

Reactions: HalfullVol
Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back