Neyland Stadium name change?

Obviously the OP is sharing his thoughts, good, bad, right, or wrong. And I’m guessing he has no real voice in making this happen. BUT, it brings to mind how people can just throw out random ideas or “feel good” causes at committee or town hall type meetings … and because they DO have a voice, stupid things take place … and the rest of us are sitting around a week later thinking “ WHAT JUST HAPPENED … ?”
LOL!!!

Obviously the OP is sharing his thoughts, good, bad, right, or wrong. And I’m guessing he has no real voice in making this happen. BUT, it brings to mind how people can just throw out random ideas or “feel good” causes at committee or town hall type meetings … and because they DO have a voice, stupid things take place … and the rest of us are sitting around a week later thinking “ WHAT JUST HAPPENED … ?”
LOL. This happens where I work. The next thing you know an improvement turns into a nightmare.
I've had to tell our company president "People listen to what you say. When you say we should be doing it a different way, they start doing it the different way! You gotta stop that!"

Reactions: jimed1
Would you ever consider changing the name of Neyland Stadium? It was Shields–Watkins Field (1921–1962). Things were a lot different then. I know he was a good coach and such but you know maybe it’s time to reconsider it. Myself I’d like to see it named John Ward Stadium. Just a thought.

An example of the "cancel culture".

Reactions: Volstar65
Would you ever consider changing the name of Neyland Stadium? It was Shields–Watkins Field (1921–1962). Things were a lot different then. I know he was a good coach and such but you know maybe it’s time to reconsider it. Myself I’d like to see it named John Ward Stadium. Just a thought.
Seriously?!

Why, is it a Native American name or something? Either trolling or you are one of those people.

Reactions: NEVolFan

THIS one is the leader in the clubhouse for the single dumbest post of 2021. It will take a Herculean effort to beat this post for that coveted award. In fact, this may be the dumbest post in Vol Nation history.

Reactions: allvols4life
Yes, absolutely. I propose renaming it "The DuckInAPen Dome, powered by RadioShack."

Last edited:
I have told my children on many occasions that there is no stupid question, only stupid answers. That they should never be afraid to ask me anything.

Today I stand corrected, and have a new and more important life lesson to teach them. That there is at least one stupid question, and if they ever ask it I will be forced to ground them...forever.

Thank you OP.... What the actual hell?

Reactions: Backwards K
No.

Nope, for several reasons. The General was touted by none other than Bryant as the father of southern football. Another reason is there would be several people that would promote Fulmer on the stadium. Just no.

You can name the press box after John Ward if you want but the stadium name ain’t changing, nor should it change. One of the most legendary coaches of all-time and the gold standard that everyone in that program should strive to be. Neyland Stadium just as a certain ring to it too. It just sounds right whenever you say it. If you thought beer cans, water bottles, pizza boxes, mustard and golf balls were bad, then I would love to see what would happen if they changed the name of the stadium.

The field is still called Shield-Watkins Field but the Stadium is named Neyland Stadium.

VN Store

Back