Recruiting Forum Football Talk IV

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wow! Nice photos! The elk is especially amazing, that's getting up to moose size. Are you an elk expert that you can identify their age at a glance, or did you rudely ask how old he was? lol

My wife insists on only the most difficult trails. She'll be devastated to hear the harder Camelback trail is closed, we hike that one every time we go to Phoenix.

Lmaoooo i stayed at a holiday inn dammmnit.
Nah I’ve been hunting a few times and my uncles told me you can tell the male age by the points on the antlers

Thank you. Screen shotting this.
Unfortunately the 2nd trail to camelback has been closed indefinitely. They had loose rocks falling.
View attachment 406214View attachment 406215View attachment 406216View attachment 406217View attachment 406218
Some shots I have on my phone from several of the trails.
My girl is a professional photographer so I leave the good photos up to her lol
btw that’s like a 4 year old elk crossing the street towards us a the Grand Canyon. He was trying to get to these two ladies
View attachment 406220
Oh and the crazy tourist getting entirely too close to an elk during mating season
View attachment 406222
That guy near the Elk has a death wish or he's just end-stage stupid.

Falling rock. . . my parents used to drive us through the Smokies on some weekends. We'd see "Watch for Falling Rock" signs going to Cherokee. My dad used to say Falling Rock was a Cherokee Chief and we had to keep a look out for him, because the signs mean that he's been seen here. We'd stare out the window, thinking we might see him and his group off in the forest, protecting the area or hunting. Eventually we'd make it to Cherokee and see the chief greeting visitors as they drove in. The old man would say Falling Rock was his brother. Good way to keep us quiet, since there were no cellphones back then.

Good shots. One of the best parts of Volnation this year has been the pictures and travel stories y'all post.

Last edited:
Flowers is 2nd on the team in tackles. Tank leads the team in INTs. Theo is 3rd on the team in tackles and 1st in PDs.

Taylor is doing a bit of everything, not everyone in the group is going to have a ton of stats. But by the numbers, Burrell has been the one lagging.

View attachment 406223

Good problem to have though...and I think most the guys aren't looking to the portal knowing that Theo, Trevon, Alontae are all seniors and likely going to test the waters for the draft.
Tackles are inversely proportional to good play for those outside guys IMO. The fact that no one has called Burrell 's name hardly at all is probably a good thing. They are throwing at Alontae far more often. It at least feels like that.

As far as Tank, he has two interceptions off of tips and one off of a defensive lineman' s pass. He's been the worst performer in our backend. Jmo.

That guy near the Elk has a death wish or he's just end-stage stupid.

Good shots. One of the best parts of Volnation this year has been the pictures and travel stories y'all post.

Dude!
I was like “hey man, you should probably back up a little you might want to retreat a little and not agitate a 800 lbs animal who runs twice as fast as you. 🤷🏾‍♂️

Because it’s become the now CFB reality. If Bailey actually goes into the portal, I’ll root for him where ever he goes (except b***). I hate to see him go, just because I like the kid.
By all accounts, he does have some talent and probably will showcase that talent at his next stop. It kinda makes me feel good about our prospects of getting a serviceable QB from the portal to go along with Jackson.

Price said there wasn’t a practice yesterday…so where’s the “again” coming from?
On game weeks….. they do strength training and conditioning on Mondays….. this week they didn’t have the players do the conditioning but they all did the normal strength training….. Bailey didn’t workout with the team and came and picked up his stuff….. Today they did walk throughs and conditioning…. He was not present today either….There could be other reasons for this but this is all I know.

Thank you. Screen shotting this.
Unfortunately the 2nd trail to camelback has been closed indefinitely. They had loose rocks falling.
View attachment 406214View attachment 406215View attachment 406216View attachment 406217View attachment 406218
Some shots I have on my phone from several of the trails.
My girl is a professional photographer so I leave the good photos up to her lol
btw that’s like a 4 year old elk crossing the street towards us a the Grand Canyon. He was trying to get to these two ladies
View attachment 406220
Oh and the crazy tourist getting entirely too close to an elk during mating season
View attachment 406222

Nice pics

Reactions: I4Jay
Tackles are inversely proportional to good play for those outside guys IMO. The fact that no one has called Burrell 's name hardly at all is probably a good thing. They are throwing at Alontae far more often. It at least feels like that.

As far as Tank, he has two interceptions off of tips and one off of a defensive lineman' s pass. He's been the worst performer in our backend. Jmo.

I think Tank should be playing where Theo is. Feel like your safeties should be some of your fastest guys, one reason I'm excited by the play I've seen from a few of the young guys. Rucker especially I think will be pushing to start at safety next year. His size and speed are really impressive.

Hi VN,

So this weekend, I got to see my son. He is showing improvement! He finally graduated from high school. Part of the program is that he has to get a reasonable job and learn to live a substance free life. He started his job at a meat packing plant today. If everything goes well, he will start college either Spring or Summer semester. I truly pray that he is back on the right track. He seemed like his old self this weekend.
Thank you very much for all of your prayers!
VolNation is truly a special place with phenomenal people!

Didn't know he was going thru that, with all my scrolling after being away.
But great news now! Helped some over the years.. just remind him, tho there will be moments, they will pass! It will mostly just get easier and better, month after month.
There will come a time when it's not a "struggle" at all.
That reminder can really help get over those moments..

But I've seen you jump in to help on here, repeatedly. Don't think he could ask for anyone better if he needs someone to listen.
He can do this.

HAHAHA!!
I see Nationdom didn't change while I was away.
I really need a podcast with him and OD... Just to watch the internet implode.

I've always thought this was a 9-3 roster with the schedule this year. We need to win out now. I am not down on Heupel but if he only beats Vanderbilt and South Alabama to finish, that's a problem. Way to much talent on this team. inexcusable to lose to Pitt, Ole miss at home and possibly UK. I think we pound UK though.

Slightly more urban, but hike the Arizona State mountain in Tempe too. Overlooks the stadium, great view of Phoenix. There are a boatload of amazing trails north and east of Scottsdale, you could spend a week doing them all. That area is just so amazing, something about the desert that I just love.
I too love the deserts.

Reactions: VolsDoc81TX
I don't think he has any interest in leaving the Steelers, yet he's on every school's hiring board (at least initially). I think it's because of the Rooney Rule (which I know is for the NFL, but the NCAA also loosely follows it). It has to be annoying having your name floated for almost every coaching hire. It also could be an honor, don't get me wrong, but you don't see many other current NFL head coaches' names floating out there as much as his.
Here is Mike Tomlin himself, today, saying exactly what I was saying. He asked at the end why Sean Payton/Andy Reid aren't being included in these CFB coaching lists. He's insulted (which I figured he was), and pissed to be asked about it. Thankfully he shut it the hell down. Good for him!

Edit: Sorry, I see that this was posted earlier. But wanted to close this circle that I started by saying I feel bad for Tomlin.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back