Recruiting Forum Football Talk IV

Status
Not open for further replies.
So assuming we win out with the exception of UGA, KY would be CJH signature win this year?

Got to be honest, I’m good with it and KY is no gimme game. It’s just where we are and I feel like it would turn some heads.
7-5 with a win over a top 15 ranked team.

All good!

Win vs. Clemson in the bowl game - GRAVY

Just 2 weeks away from BasketVol SZN

In shape is good and all, just hope he keeps improving from deep. Need him to be an elite sharpshooter, along with the Auburn transfer. Barnes (I believe) is finally transferring toward analytics ball and now we just need guys that can convert and apply the theoretical in-game.

It's really the only thing that's been holding us back in recent years. Mid-game and layups can win games, but it's a disadvantage when facing a team like Bama with their new coach (and many many similar offenses). It would be like playing with a Pruitt offense in football...it just doesn't help you.

That guy near the Elk has a death wish or he's just end-stage stupid.

Falling rock. . . my parents used to drive us through the Smokies on some weekends. We'd see "Watch for Falling Rock" signs going to Cherokee. My dad used to say Falling Rock was a Cherokee Chief and we had to keep a look out for him, because the signs mean that he's been seen here. We'd stare out the window, thinking we might see him and his group off in the forest, protecting the area or hunting. Eventually we'd make it to Cherokee and see the chief greeting visitors as they drove in. The old man would say Falling Rock was his brother. Good way to keep us quiet, since there were no cellphones back then.

Good shots. One of the best parts of Volnation this year has been the pictures and travel stories y'all post.
🤣😂 Chief Falling Rock

Thank you. Screen shotting this.
Unfortunately the 2nd trail to camelback has been closed indefinitely. They had loose rocks falling.
View attachment 406214View attachment 406215View attachment 406216View attachment 406217View attachment 406218
Some shots I have on my phone from several of the trails.
My girl is a professional photographer so I leave the good photos up to her lol
btw that’s like a 4 year old elk crossing the street towards us a the Grand Canyon. He was trying to get to these two ladies
View attachment 406220
Oh and the crazy tourist getting entirely too close to an elk during mating season
View attachment 406222
I’d like to have one of those ladies in the freezer! 🍽🍽🍽🍽

Reactions: I4Jay
If there's been one consistent disconnect when it comes to our defense it's how we've struggled to convert TFLs into punts. TFLs are nice, but unless it is on 3rd down, it's still just a helping hand toward stopping the offensive drive. In theory it should make 3rd downs longer, on average, and mean more 3rd down stops. For whatever reason, this hasn't happened, so many of our TFLs are basically wasted. I'm hoping Martinez can lean on his old days with Jancek (or we just straight up take Jancek from UGA...) or whatever needs to happen to fix this next year. We're probably 6-2 right now with even an average 3rd down defense.

Either way, it should be a great predictive measure in the future (as seen below)...unless we just have some fundamental flaw in 3rd down defense. I mean, shoot, maybe it's just negative variance for all we know. Facing 3 of the top Heisman candidates in 8 games doesn't help either.

The other 9 of the top 10 TFL defenses and their 3rd down% ranking:

San Diego St - 2nd
Okie St - 10th
UTEP - 13th
Troy - 17th
Liberty - 20th
Marshall - 33rd
Fresno St - 41st
WVU - 46th
Auburn - 62nd
UT - 119th

Looked into Clayton before I bought my house. Clayton would have been brand new but would have been only around 15k difference in price after land clearing, septic, power pole, etc. Costs more for inspections and insurance and total process would have taken a year or more. The home immediately depreciates in value and the land becomes the only thing that appreciates.

Instead, I got a 20 year old home with newer roof, new AC, in great condition and in an established neighborhood in the 200k - 300k that has schools within a mile and everything else I could want close by compared to a mobile in the middle of nowhere. Much better financing programs and lower interest rate on the house too.
I am building a home and hoping that the interest rates don't shoot up on me before I can lock in one. Suppose to be done next March or April.

If there's been one consistent disconnect when it comes to our defense it's how we've struggled to convert TFLs into punts. TFLs are nice, but unless it is on 3rd down, it's still just a helping hand toward stopping the offensive drive. In theory it should make 3rd downs longer, on average, and mean more 3rd down stops. For whatever reason, this hasn't happened, so many of our TFLs are basically wasted. I'm hoping Martinez can lean on his old days with Jancek (or we just straight up take Jancek from UGA...) or whatever needs to happen to fix this next year. We're probably 6-2 right now with even an average 3rd down defense.

Either way, it should be a great predictive measure in the future (as seen below)...unless we just have some fundamental flaw in 3rd down defense. I mean, shoot, maybe it's just negative variance for all we know. Facing 3 of the top Heisman candidates in 8 games doesn't help either.

The other 9 of the top 10 TFL defenses and their 3rd down% ranking:

San Diego St - 2nd
Okie St - 10th
UTEP - 13th
Troy - 17th
Liberty - 20th
Marshall - 33rd
Fresno St - 41st
WVU - 46th
Auburn - 62nd
UT - 119th
Dang Devo...it really isn't that f'n complicated..a few great running QBs have converted a ton of third and longs with their legs simply because our spies are just not good enough to get them on the ground.

Dang dude, you don't have to go all Rain Man over everything...🤦‍♂️

Reactions: VolsDoc81TX
Anyone see the potential drama at Auburn? They have mandated the vaccine and now Harsin finds himself in quite the situation. He hasn’t said if he is vaccinated or not but the way he speaks on it suggest he isn’t… will Auburn be dumb enough to fire a coach that has them started to trend upward?
I imagine a religious exemption has a much great chance in Alabama than it does Oregon

Coach Hype and the staff did a great job filling holes through the portal this past Spring and I have full confidence that they will do the same again before next Spring practice. Can't wait to see who we sign in December and by next Feb. Of course I expect more surprises to come in before Spring practice. One other thing, It will be great to have a full class by next Spring so they can get acclimated to CJH and Banks system.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back