Recruiting Forum Football Talk IV

Status
Not open for further replies.
I continue to be impressed by Banks. In a lot of those 3rd down scrambles Bryce Young made we actually had the correct call but not the players to make the play.
When we spy, the Lb is too far from the LOS to be effective. Bama did it last night, and their Lb was maybe 2-3 yards from the LOS. We are usually 10 yards.

I can't believe TN fans are upset at last night. Did people really expect TN to go in to Tuscaloosa and beat them. At the first of the season did some of them have Bama down as a win? We have a rag tag bunch of guys, they have the best players money can buy. They have a corrupt organization that insures their wins. The SEC would never allow lowly TN to beat their flagship.

And it's not changing. They're more and more blatant now than they've ever been. Replay shows one thing, who cares, we're sticking with the bad call. The only way to have a chance against them is to beat them so bad you overcome the biased officiating. That's difficult because the officials take any momentum away as soon as you get it.

People are delusional if they're unhappy with the way the Vols played.
Abandoning political correctness there is only one way to describe those fans.....idiots! Unfortunately there are lots of those in the world today and the UT fan base is not immune.

If you want things to be different, you cannot keep doing things the same way and expect them to be. I've been over the SEC for decades. It's going to take mini-mutiny. Officiating is just a tool of the SEC powers. Until it is called out and addressed openly for the entire country to see - they will keep doing what they are doing. They have to become a mockery and lose their status personally before there will be positive change.

That there is no CFB centralized development and governing body for officiating says all you need to know.
That’s what I’m saying. If a brand as powerful as ours said we are leaving this conference if the officiating doesn’t get better, other schools would join in to and call out the bias. It would force them to either change or look bad for letting a brand like ours and the money we bring to leave.

That’s what I’m saying. If a brand as powerful as ours said we are leaving this conference if the officiating doesn’t get better, other schools would join in to and call out the bias. It would force them to either change or look bad for letting a brand like ours and the money we bring to leave.
Honestly, I don't think they'd care. They have the Texas's and Oklahoma's of the world asking for invites in.... If we left... It would just open up a spot for someone else, and they'd fill it....

Waaaay too much money on the table for us too even consider it, and it'd be program suicide as far as I'm concerned. As powerful as our brand may be, it's not bulletproof. Jmo.

McElroy was wishing that fumble to be a touchdown. He was adamant that it was so close that it was a TD. When it was obvious that it was a fumble. And then to start the half, he said that Bama didn’t execute well and kept the game from being worse. How the hell do you let him call our game with the clear bias? Oh yeah, the SEC does not care. It’s time to leave this s*** conference.
Didn't they double up our yardage in the first half? Hard to argue with his assessment. I agree he shouldn't be calling Bama games, but I didn't hear anything outright wrong because of bias from him.

Reactions: DMG and Cheese Vol
Pass rush was always going to be our biggest issue this year especially playing primarily 4 down. We don’t have the body types or explosive athletes off the edge so we’re forced to bring extra and play a lot of fire zone.
Yep. We need bodies in the worst way. Banks is our only SEC caliber LB. Baron is more of a run-stopping end. BY has a lot of promise though. He’s fast.

Unless we can get some strong portal help, our defense is gonna take a step back next year especially losing our guys on the line

Reactions: OrangenSC
What’s our upper classmen situation looking like?

How many major contributors this year should be here in ‘22?

I know Payton, Mays, Butler, Velus are gone.

Anyone else?

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back