Recruiting Forum Football Talk IV

Status
Not open for further replies.
lol
There is no God because we’re just not that lucky. There’s a sound theological argument.

Damn dude, that’s not even atheism, it’s just simple pessimism.

I didn’t even know pessimism was an actual formal belief, I always thought it was just simple avoidance of the inherent risks of living life fully. Color me educated.
Tbf to ole Catbone, that wasn't really his argument. It was more like there's no god, because god is a construct made by man. He was merely pointing out, in his pessimistic ways, that we aren't that lucky. "We aren't that lucky" wasn't a part of his syllogism, more of an afterthought.

I am very much grasping what you are saying, and you are the one that is not understanding the implications of what you are suggesting. An adversarial system calls for posturing, jockeying, and fighting for the people who pay you to represent them. If I lay down for my clients and don't attempt to create leverage, the system simply doesn't work. That is the system. For a vast majority of the profession, we don't waste our time on things that are trivial or won't benefit our clients or provide compensation to them.

I guess I should just say that after the last 20 years of watching college athletics, all officials are crooked and dishonest because there is clearly a human bias when making calls, or there is some ulterior motive. But I don't. I can take the jokes all day. But it is so funny when people are quick to call the profession crooked until the day that they actually need legal advice. Until that day that you need help with a traffic ticket, a contract dispute, a rental agreement, an employment issue, an injury case, a probate matter, or even a minor criminal problem, it's all about throwing accusations out there.

To the extent anyone cares, I will say that in my experience most lawyers are going to bat for their clients, which is what they are ethically obligated to do. Sure, there are attorneys who take advantage, but that is the minority and I certainly don’t see all that much fraud.

Also, one of my favorite law school words was puffery.

To the extent anyone cares, I will say that in my experience most lawyers are going to bat for their clients, which is what they are ethically obligated to do. Sure, there are attorneys who take advantage, but that is the minority and I certainly don’t see all that much fraud.

Also, one of my favorite law school words was puffery.
That's a football forum word too.

Tbf to ole Catbone, that wasn't really his argument. It was more like there's no god, because god is a construct made by man. He was merely pointing out, in his pessimistic ways, that we aren't that lucky. "We aren't that lucky" wasn't a part of his syllogism, more of an afterthought.
Yeah, but I was connecting the far points, in that he probably comes to that viewpoint of God as a construct in the first place because of his pessimistic views. You’re right that the way he actually worded it was more of a post-commentary, but my take on it served my own selfish purposes much better and that’s always more fun.

And I probably still painted a more accurate picture of The Cat-Bone.

Haven’t heard anything new today…. Yesterday…. Hooker, Cooper and Tiyon all practiced with the 1’s
As they said on RockyTop Round Table today....if Hendon is not 100%, your not "mailing it in" by leaving him out. Bama is beatable but not worth it if we have to sacrifice HH and even others by playing them....Look at the big picture and save for KY !

As they said on RockyTop Round Table today....if Hendon is not 100%, your not "mailing it in" by leaving him out. Bama is beatable but not worth it if we have to sacrifice HH and even others by playing them....Look at the big picture and save for KY !
As a football player you play if you can. If you can go you go. Most Football players expect to win every game its as simple as that. Players sign to play with UT to play big boy football in the SEC. Kids come to this university to play against Bama.

I am very much grasping what you are saying, and you are the one that is not understanding the implications of what you are suggesting. An adversarial system calls for posturing, jockeying, and fighting for the people who pay you to represent them. If I lay down for my clients and don't attempt to create leverage, the system simply doesn't work. That is the system. For a vast majority of the profession, we don't waste our time on things that are trivial or won't benefit our clients or provide compensation to them.

I guess I should just say that after the last 20 years of watching college athletics, all officials are crooked and dishonest because there is clearly a human bias when making calls, or there is some ulterior motive. But I don't. I can take the jokes all day. But it is so funny when people are quick to call the profession crooked until the day that they actually need legal advice. Until that day that you need help with a traffic ticket, a contract dispute, a rental agreement, an employment issue, an injury case, a probate matter, or even a minor criminal problem, it's all about throwing accusations out there.
I didn't suggest anything. You keep reading into my disdain for the exploitation of the system that I want the system to be abolished. I've agreed (three times now) that they system has to be in place, but that doesn't mean I have to like the fact that exploiting the system is a preeminent tactic of a large group of lawyers, and that there is almost no recourse for those of us who suffer because of that exploitation.

Also, the reason we have to come begging for legal advice is because lawyers throughout history have shaped the system in such a way that levying justice is impossible without them. It's a racket. So now instead of simple, obvious justice being doled out by the system, only complicated, expensive justice is available.

Edit, I shouldn't be generalizing an entire profession with such broad strokes. Apologies. I have serious qualms with the philosophy of the profession, and I think few professions have damaged society more than lawyers; but that doesn't mean I get to attack every lawyer I see and assume he/she is part of the problem.

Last edited:
Do you know anyone that wants to be associated with Georgia Bulldog fans…. I hate all the SEC schools and their states…. The Dodgers are very far away from that.
Braves have fans in north Florida, all of Alabama, most of Tennessee, half of Kentucky, both Carolinas and all of Georgia. You’d rather root for a team of pretentious assholes with even worse fans

I didn't suggest anything. You keep reading into my disdain for the exploitation of the system that I want the system to be abolished. I've agreed (three times now) that they system has to be in place, but that doesn't mean I have to like the fact that exploiting the system is a preeminent tactic of a large group of lawyers, and that there is almost no recourse for those of us who suffer because of that exploitation.

Also, the reason we have to come begging for legal advice is because lawyers throughout history have shaped the system in such a way that levying justice is impossible without them. It's a racket. So now instead of simple, obvious justice being doled out by the system, only complicated, expensive justice is available.
Amen

I know VolNation is good people so sharing this if you want to participate:

Volunteer Spirit Fund for Children's Hospital, organized by Brent Baltzer

Well, they know nothing about the Tennessee spirit. Let's show them what we are really all about!

Let's raise $102,455 for the East Tennessee Children's Hospital. These funds will help the hospital to keep an open door policy to help sick kids in the Knoxville area. The minimum donation is $5.

If just 20% of people that were at Neyland Stadium donate that amount, we will blow this goal out of the water!

Made my donation. Hopefully this will help change the current narrative about the fan base.

Agreed
Wasn’t even offered the nerve pill. Left side picture perfect no pain right side horrible pain told him to squeeze whatever he had left in my iv through or I was gonna black out. My surgery was 4 years ago and I still sometimes get the exact phantom nut pain after intercourse. It is worse that a swift kick square to the plums.
1634773934643.gif

I can't stop thinking about this.

The ball was actually thrown perfectly. JUST OVER the defender's hand.

Tillman was just too worn out to jump high enough. No spring at all. If his hands are 3 or 4 inches higher it's a TD.

That should have been game.

But it's Tennessee.

Braves have fans in north Florida, all of Alabama, most of Tennessee, half of Kentucky, both Carolinas and all of Georgia. You’d rather root for a team of pretentious assholes with even worse fans
Florida…… kentucky…. Georgia…. I think I just threw up a little bit in my mouth.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back