Recruiting Forum Football Talk IV

Status
Not open for further replies.
I need the 3rd quarter cell phone lights synced up to the Bulls intro song in the ‘95-‘96 season complete with a laser light show.

I really didn't remember the mid 90s looking like that. It's cool but in a retro way that I associate more with 80s action movies. I guess my memory thought the mid-90s more like the 00s than the 80s.

There’s definitely a different vibe around Rocky Top this week. Fans are certainly excited as evident with it being a sellout, calls Josh Heupel got on his show Wednesday night, people attending the show, checkered Neyland, etc, etc.

It’s no secret that the most important thing for a good gameday experience and for ticket sales is winning.

As one administrator noted this week, “this town is very different when football wins games.” And it certainly is.

Tennessee is trying to capitalize on the good vibes and further enhance it’s game day experience. For example they are trying to enhance the light show on Saturday evening and have created an app to go in conjunction with it like they did for basketball.

Also look for some change up in song selection including the song played between the 3th and 4th quarters.

The Neyland experience is perfect by an means, but give this administration some credit in that they have tried to improve things or enhance things weekly as they have reviewed the previous week. They certainly haven’t said we will see what we can do next year on some simple things like more beer vendors, the photo op with the stadium letters, music, etc.

Now onto the game, Heupel has spent the week talking to his team about the outside clutter and staying locked in. His team has done a better job of that each week. This week’s challenge is not getting caught up in the moment early in the game. Everyone expects this crowd to be different. This team is playing an exciting brand of football and while this game is not about Lane Kiffin, he is in town and that revs things up a notch as well.

Being locked in and the start and staying there for 60 minutes is key. That was the biggest takeaway from last week. This team wasn’t locked in for the second half. They had way too many missed assignments on offense in the second half where a guy simply didn’t do his job especially in the third quarter.

It was a great teaching less for Heupel and the staff this week as some guys simply lost their edge at the half.

On the health front, Heupel has indicated that he expects everyone who missed last week to be back this week. So that means you will see Theo Jackson among others. The question is how back is Cooper Mays. He dressed last week and we expect he will give it a go. How well does he hold up is unclear. Running back Jabari Small is expected to go as well. Small is not 100% but he has practiced all week and he’s better than he was. Tiyon Evans, who tweaked his ankle last week is a bigger question mark now than anyone thought when he left the game. His ankle hasn’t responded great to treatment but there remains some hope of him giving it a go on Saturday. We expect him to test it this morning as well as pre-game to see if it’s possible to get some run.

Elsewhere, a guy who isn’t getting a lot of praise but is playing well is Darnell Wright. The left tackle is finding his way in the college game and has been really good the last two weeks. In fact, it’s been indicated to us that he has graded out the best of the offensive line the last two games and of course Matt Stinchcomb singled Wright out in one play in his offensive breakdown of the Vols this week on the SEC Network. Wright is typically one of the last players on offense off the practice field as he’s is asking questions and for more reps to improve his craft. He has more confidence and urgency than he has ever had at Tennessee.
vq

4 attempted passes in the second half. If that’s true, there’s no way our full offense was being run.
Our full offense was definitely not being ran. I have rewatched that game like 5 of 6 times. From the First quarter we never looked the same offensively. It was night and day.

Heupel and staff were running their “4 minute offense” but trying to do it for an entire 3 quarters. It also looked like they were trying to just get guys more reps on the line etc.

598a37ebdcefad2dd3df5453dda5906b.jpg

Nah…. Braves fans have to own that one….. just think…… when they wear Braves gear, watch them on TV, cheer for them at the game…… There are thousands of Georgia Bulldog fans doing the same thing.
I can live with that. Mother Teresa and Gandhi were Braves fans.

I also wonder if the Velus at RB for a couple snaps vs SC was a sign of packages to come as their RBs are beat up. He has a RB build for a few snaps that are like the jet sweeps or tosses or short game out of the backfield
I wonder if we use him more because of his speed to get to the edges against fast defenses like Bama and Georgia. Can you imagine a split back set with Tiyon/Jabari, Hendon, and Velus? Woowee…the possibilities are endless and could cripple the defense’s fast reaction and speed when you aren’t sure exactly where the ball is going. Throw in his fast we run plays, and we might be able to have Georgia and Bama defenses on their heels.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back