China Thread

Whether intentional, "accidentally" intentional, or purely accidental by reason of stupidity, I cannot understand why the world has let China slide on covid. That just boggles the mind, and to think we haven't leveled or forced the Chinese to level the Wuhan lab to prevent it happening again is real insanity at work. Poor leadership around the globe is the only plausible explanation. The French built the lab, so they definitely have dirty hands and would like to lay low, but everybody else like the US and the UK could sacrifice some involved "overzealous" bureaucrats for poor decisions. I hold Trump as accountable as Biden and probably Obama for failure to know what was going on and to act. We should at least hold the Chinese as accountable for "medical advancements" as we did the Nazis.

I think you have to see SARS as the precursor and covid as SARS on steroids - both came from China. The trajectory says the next level might not be survivable. SARS was under Obama's watch - he doesn't get a pass.

Totally agree. Part of why I started my great leaders thread. I cannot think of a great leader that currently exists in modern politics.

That the world has turned a blind eye to China is unimaginable.

Nobody worth a damn is going to get into politics at the highest levels.

How do you even define a good leader today? Most people seem to gravitate toward someone who has made a lot of money in business (Bezos, Gates ...), "entertainers" and sports figures, lifetime politicians (or their derivatives), people with outrageous messages - some in broadcasting - like "news" - or more likely just opinion peddlers. Those are the kinds of people who show up in infamous headlines, and most are opportunists rather than someone with a history of real achievement. The current military royalty is a wasteland. You are right; good hardworking, honest, down to earth leaders are eaten alive at the podium and by innuendo by the scum we elect regularly. Many of those people have a MacArthur syndrome, too ... too important to understand they really don't know it all and should open their damn ears.

China Launches 3 astronauts on 6-month space station mission

China on Saturday sent three astronauts to its space station for a record-setting six-month stay as the country moves toward completing the new orbiting outpost

The Shenzhou-13 spacecraft carrying the three astronauts was launched by a Long March-2F rocket at 12:25 a.m. Saturday.

The two men and one woman are the second crew to move into the space station, which was launched last April. The first crew stayed three months.

China launches 3 astronauts on 6-month space station mission

Subscribe to read | Financial Times

China tested a nuclear-capable hypersonic missile in August that circled the globe before speeding towards its target, demonstrating an advanced space capability that caught US intelligence by surprise. Five people familiar with the test said the Chinese military launched a rocket that carried a hypersonic glide vehicle which flew through low-orbit space before cruising down towards its target. The missile missed its target by about two-dozen miles, according to three people briefed on the intelligence. But two said the test showed that China had made astounding progress on hypersonic weapons and was far more advanced than US officials realised.

Reactions: marcusluvsvols

Anyone with military knowledge know if this is true? Do we not have anything like this? Doesn’t the military have a black budget?

We need to just nuke China and now

First things first: We must start manufacturing important things here again like antibiotics and electronic components. Then we must expel all Chinese students from our universities and put them on a plane home. They are spies, plain and simple. They take what they have learned back home and use it to rival us and the rest of the free world.

First things first: We must start manufacturing important things here again like antibiotics and electronic components. Then we must expel all Chinese students from our universities and put them on a plane home. They are spies, plain and simple. They take what they have learned back home and use it to rival us and the rest of the free world.
I couldn’t agree more. China is not and has never been our allies. But would our leaders have the balls to do that ?

Anyone with military knowledge know if this is true? Do we not have anything like this? Doesn’t the military have a black budget?

Wait a minute, hold the phone you mean to tell me that the Chinese military leaders didn't call Generally woke Milley and tell him they were going to launch this missile?😲

I'm Shocked, shocked by that after all they talk all the time!😂👌

I couldn’t agree more. China is not and has never been our allies. But would our leaders have the balls to do that ?

Trump with his tariffs has been pretty much the only official to threaten the Chinese in any meaningful way. Look at all the grief he got over that - primarily from the left, and probably more because he did something nobody else on either side would do. The free traders and libertarians piled on - just because, and they simply found it easy to ignore Chinese theft and market manipulation to do so. One group despised Trump and all he did, and the other is willing to ignore everything as long as we have a one world economy and nothing regulating it.

Trump with his tariffs has been pretty much the only official to threaten the Chinese in any meaningful way. Look at all the grief he got over that - primarily from the left, and probably more because he did something nobody else on either side would do. The free traders and libertarians piled on - just because, and they simply found it easy to ignore Chinese theft and market manipulation to do so. One group despised Trump and all he did, and the other is willing to ignore everything as long as we have a one world economy and nothing regulating it.
...and then after bitching and moaning about the China tariffs on a daily basis from the day they were first proposed until the day Biden was sworn into office, what happened? The Biden Administration left all of the China tariffs in place.

Reactions: tbwhhs and AM64
...and then after bitching and moaning about the China tariffs on a daily basis from the day they were first proposed until the day Biden was sworn into office, what happened? The Biden Administration left all of the China tariffs in place.

That has been almost the only smart thing joe has done since being elected. I'd bet his approval is that he sees a tariff as a tax ... and any tax is a good tax for him.

Reactions: tbwhhs

VN Store

Back