The Official 2nd Amendment Appreciation Thread

I mean it’s def special to me I just know it’s not for everyone. Shoots like a dream, and easy to clean. I did forget I just bought a Chip McCormick 10 rd mag too. Thinking of getting a compensator but I’m not sure

I've not had good luck with the CMC 10 rounders. Had three, one was crap, one was good and the other was middle of the road.

I honestly find the 8 round variety to be ultra reliable and price being the deciding factor, the Mec-Gar to be best value for quality.

Reactions: BennesseeVols
I'm pretty sure there is a handgun in there somewhere among those accessories. 😁

There’s only 2 “accessories” on it.

An optic and a light. In one picture there is no light…….light for night home defense anyway…..it’s a slip on slip off light.

It’s “different” I know…..but I wanted it that way.

There’s only 2 “accessories” on it.

An optic and a light. In one picture there is no light…….light for night home defense anyway…..it’s a slip on slip off light.

It’s “different” I know…..but I wanted it that way.

I was joking...

Reactions: YankeeVol
I've not had good luck with the CMC 10 rounders. Had three, one was crap, one was good and the other was middle of the road.

I honestly find the 8 round variety to be ultra reliable and price being the deciding factor, the Mec-Gar to be best value for quality.

I like it on my 1911, but I’m having some feeding issues pulling the slide back. I’m not sure if there’s a rough spot somewhere or it’s something else. If it doesent get better I’ll probably just put it up and get a few standard mags. Never had any issues from those.

I like it on my 1911, but I’m having some feeding issues pulling the slide back. I’m not sure if there’s a rough spot somewhere or it’s something else. If it doesent get better I’ll probably just put it up and get a few standard mags. Never had any issues from those.

The CMC 8 round mags I've got have been flawless. I don't have a lot of them (went with Mec-Gar as stated) but I had a couple I picked up here and there and they run like a champ.

Wilson picking up the Chip McCormick brand when he retired and keeping the brand name was a classy move.

Impulse buy to work on this winter. Any suggestions on the cosmoline removal? I was hoping for trench art, but I'll probably sand and refinish the furniture since the only markings are the numbers on the stock (which do match!).20211013_181316.jpg

hair dryer on hot then dawn and warm water and an old toothbrush
The hair dryer was amazing. Finished with mineral spirits, brush, pick, and of course rods and pads.

There are some rust spots I'd like to work on. Also some yellow/brown discoloration on the pig-sticker. 20211013_224641.jpg20211013_224652.jpgAre these improvable?

I'll sand and stain the wood next week.

Reactions: kiddiedoc
The hair dryer was amazing. Finished with mineral spirits, brush, pick, and of course rods and pads.

There are some rust spots I'd like to work on. Also some yellow/brown discoloration on the pig-sticker. View attachment 402571View attachment 402572Are these improvable?

looks darn good to me.

You did a really good job with that.

There are some rust spots I'd like to work on. Also some yellow/brown discoloration on the pig-sticker. View attachment 402571View attachment 402572Are these improvable?

That’s looking good ?
It’s going to be an amazing transformation.
If you don’t mind me asking, what did you give for it?

Honestly, I thought about staining with ebony. It's not really worth much, more of a fun relic to have. I don't think there's any reason not to jazz it up
I got a folding stock off armslist for 20 bucks for mine. It looks cool but not really worth a whole lot. Fun to shoot though
I’ll post later.

Honestly, I thought about staining with ebony. It's not really worth much, more of a fun relic to have. I don't think there's any reason not to jazz it up

My outlook has always been do it how you like it. Your happiness on one is all that matters.

Reactions: kiddiedoc

VN Store

Back