The Official 2nd Amendment Appreciation Thread

My first can was released from NFA jail last week ! Took 10 months almost to the day (Form 4 trust). Hoping to get to the range soon to try it out on my 300 BLK pistol and 556 DDM4 rifle. Its an Omega36M so too bad neither my 6.5 CM rifle & Glock 26 have a threaded barrel, and I haven't pulled the trigger on a PCC. Been distracted with cows, pools, and shotguns.

The SA-35 is beautiful.

The only one I’ve seen so far is on gunbroker……..lol bids currently over 1k for a $700 “retail” handgun…..wow.

This is going to be something special I think once you can find them……I mean at around $650 or so……dang that’s cheaper than some of the “cheap” knock offs.

I know it’s nothing special, and it’s certainly not everyone’s cup of tea…….but I’m really looking forward for the release of the Diamondback Sidekick.

Looks similar to the Ruger Wrangler; however the sidekick is double/single action, and has a swing out cylinder (22 lr & magnum cylinders).

B7750C57-2B03-4CB7-80CB-7D6715FA2CFD.jpeg

I’m thinking it’s going to be a fun one.

I got a new edc carry on the way. Well as long as it checks out. I’m probably only going to put a couple boxes through it (as I’m familiar with and confident in them). If it runs good and there’s no hiccups it will become my new edc.

It may seem strange but it’s the new Mossberg mc2sc that came out a couple days ago. Out with the 365x and in with the Mossberg. I’ll hang on to the 43x but I’ll be a Mossberg man.

I had the Mossberg mc1sc when they first came out and man I loved everything about that gun except the capacity. For me that gun shoots better (as far as handling and recoil control) than the 365 and the Hellcat. I liked the slide better, it had maybe the best slide serrations of any gun that type I’ve ever handled. That gun felt better in my hand than the others, and it was totally reliable.

Now they have the mc2sc which is pretty much the exact size (1/2 ounce heavier), but with an 11 round flush magazine, optics ready and the standard sights co-witnesses all the rmsc optics.

I mean it’s just another double stack micro compact…..and it’s a Mossberg…….nothing “special” really………but for ME (as long as it’s reliable) it’s the perfect carry. I expect the reliability to be perfect, the the mc1sc and mc2, were and from what I’ve seen and heard on these “reliability” isn’t an issue.

Got some Truglo’s on the way as well.

These come with white dots or Truglo but I couldn’t find one in stock anywhere with night sights.

I’ll post a picture once it comes in……hopefully Friday.

Reactions: YankeeVol
I got a new edc carry on the way. Well as long as it checks out. I’m probably only going to put a couple boxes through it (as I’m familiar with and confident in them). If it runs good and there’s no hiccups it will become my new edc.

It may seem strange but it’s the new Mossberg mc2sc that came out a couple days ago. Out with the 365x and in with the Mossberg. I’ll hang on to the 43x but I’ll be a Mossberg man.

I had the Mossberg mc1sc when they first came out and man I loved everything about that gun except the capacity. For me that gun shoots better (as far as handling and recoil control) than the 365 and the Hellcat. I liked the slide better, it had maybe the best slide serrations of any gun that type I’ve ever handled. That gun felt better in my hand than the others, and it was totally reliable.

Now they have the mc2sc which is pretty much the exact size (1/2 ounce heavier), but with an 11 round flush magazine, optics ready and the standard sights co-witnesses all the rmsc optics.

I mean it’s just another double stack micro compact…..and it’s a Mossberg…….nothing “special” really………but for ME (as long as it’s reliable) it’s the perfect carry. I expect the reliability to be perfect, the the mc1sc and mc2, were and from what I’ve seen and heard on these “reliability” isn’t an issue.

Got some Truglo’s on the way as well.

These come with white dots or Truglo but I couldn’t find one in stock anywhere with night sights.

I’ll post a picture once it comes in……hopefully Friday.
It has me interested. I carried the 365 first. Currently the wife and I both carry the Hellcat.

Im always looking for new 😂

Reactions: JoAllan
It has me interested. I carried the 365 first. Currently the wife and I both carry the Hellcat.

Im always looking for new 😂

Technically speaking it’s not going to be much different than the Hellcat.

The Mossberg has nearly 1/2” longer barrel, thus its almost 1/2” longer. And it weighs about 1 & 1/2 ounce more.

It is shaped different, the the texture is definitely different. The texture of the Mosssberg doesn’t seem anything special until you hold it……then it’s better than you think. The grip from heel to the back of trigger is a bit bigger as well. Not a huge difference from the Hellcat but very noticeable from the p365 series.

It is “worth” the change for me because I loved the single stack version so much. You might want to find one in a shop and handle it and maybe shoot it first. However since they are so new you probably wouldn’t have any trouble passing it on if it didn’t suit you if you just got one.

But for me I liked it better than the 365 and Hellcat. Shooting wise it was very comparable to the bit larger Shield…….but with a much better trigger.

Now it doesn’t look really anything like it but shape wise think of the Mossberg like the Glock 43 (not the 43x)…….their almost identical. The Mossberg has a rounded trigger guard where the Glock has a squared off guard but other than that……..well and the fact the Mossberg holds 11 rounds and they really don’t “look” alike…..but you get it. For the most part they do fit in each other’s holsters nicely.

Got a buddy who needs help. He won’t take charity.
He has a S and W victory revolver with the flaming bomb stamp. It’s a 1950s revolver. 500$. I don’t know much about them as I’m a long gun guy. Is 500$ right or am I screwing him over?
Not worried if I’m getting screwed as I’d just give him the money if he’d let me.

Reactions: StarRaider
He has a S and W victory revolver with the flaming bomb stamp. It’s a 1950s revolver. 500$. I don’t know much about them as I’m a long gun guy. Is 500$ right or am I screwing him over?
Not worried if I’m getting screwed as I’d just give him the money if he’d let me.

What kind of condition is it in?

@DEFENDTHISHOUSE might chime in since he's more of a wheel gun guy, but I think the Ordnance symbol makes it a bit more valuable since it was issued at one point. But overall, it's a S&W K frame that tends to be valued at whatever the two parties agree on.

You could check Gunbroker to get an idea as well or even call S&W and have them research the serial number. (Some companies will do that for you) But I don't think either of you are getting ripped off at that price IMO.

@Orangeslice13 old smiths have gone through the roof the last few years.

Here’s one that the seller claims to be mint.
S&W Smith Wesson Victory Model 38 Special Mint 4" Revolver WW2 w/ Holster - Revolvers at GunBroker.com : 913678858

Here’s one that’s seen some use.
Scarce 1950 Smith & Wesson Police & Military Revolver - pre Model 10 .38 - Curios & Relics at GunBroker.com : 914041048

Here’s another.
Mint 1950 's Smith & Wesson Police & Military Revolver - pre Model 10 .38 - Curios & Relics at GunBroker.com : 914041008

You’ll notice there’s no bids on any of them. I’d say give the fella what he wants and be happy.

@Orangeslice13 old smiths have gone through the roof the last few years.

Here’s one that the seller claims to be mint.
S&W Smith Wesson Victory Model 38 Special Mint 4" Revolver WW2 w/ Holster - Revolvers at GunBroker.com : 913678858

Here’s one that’s seen some use.
Scarce 1950 Smith & Wesson Police & Military Revolver - pre Model 10 .38 - Curios & Relics at GunBroker.com : 914041048

Here’s another.
Mint 1950 's Smith & Wesson Police & Military Revolver - pre Model 10 .38 - Curios & Relics at GunBroker.com : 914041008

You’ll notice there’s no bids on any of them. I’d say give the fella what he wants and be happy.
Thanks
Not so worried about me.
Just don’t want to screw over a friend in need.

I don't think a Victory can be a 50's gun. They were only made during WWII. Does it have any other markings besides the bomb?

Mossberg MC2sc

056257DA-D7E4-4F5D-BFA3-B0ED7EE8A689.jpeg

Came in today, haven’t got the night sights on yet nor have I had the chance to test it out.

Size wise it’s exactly like the MC1sc and fits perfectly in my old kydex holster.

Initial impressions is just what I thought. I loved the MC1sc and this one holds 11 or 14 rounds and is optics ready……I love it……we’ll see how reliable it is.

Edit:
The trigger isn’t quite as good as the original MC1sc was. Hopefully it just needs some fire time and it will break in more. It’s still a pretty good trigger. Has a well defined wall, not too heavy and not too light (carry gun) pull, has a distinct wall a crisp break and a very audible and defined reset (which is also fairly short)…….once at the wall there is definitely more creep and pull until the break…….the original was wall and almost instant break…….still better than my 43x. Also this is a flat trigger which breaks at 90 degrees (looks to be 90 degrees).

Last edited:

VN Store

Back