Attendance

Covid, us not being good for so long, and the cost to attend a game is just too dang high.

Only the first 2 above can change over time.

Reactions: UTwild82
We cheered our asses off. Then they came out flat in the second half. That ain't on us.
Maybe your section did. The only time it seemed semi-loud was 3rd downs and after a big play. Even just looking at the first half it was very lackadaisical.

Why pay to go to a game and experience 25 or more 3 minute TV timeouts? The game today was brutal sitting in the stands during so many timeouts. At least at home you can check the other games or make a quick pit stop. There was one play today where there was an injury that stopped the game for several minutes and after the player started walking to the sidelines the red shirted idiot started running the timer onto the field for a 3 and a half minute TV timeout.

View attachment 401265
89K today. Obviously the black jerseys didn’t do too good a job of putting more butts in seats. What’s it gonna take to get back to 102,455 VN?
Really, ought to shrink capacity by 15,000. Make most of the remaining seating more comfortable. The days of consistently putting 100k plus into any stadium are over.

Why pay to go to a game and experience 25 or more 3 minute TV timeouts? The game today was brutal sitting in the stands during so many timeouts. At least at home you can check the other games or make a quick pit stop. There was one play today where there was an injury that stopped the game for several minutes and after the player started walking to the sidelines the red shirted idiot started running the timer onto the field for a 3 and a half minute TV timeout.
Why?

Cause it's fun. Cause you get to yell for your team. Cause there are only so many home games in a lifetime you can attend.

Cause you love the Vols.

Reactions: Rickyvol77
Most of my section was cheering pretty hard til the 3rd quarter. The sun was BRUTAL and was wearing people out. I am officially fried🔥
I wouldn't survive in most sections. We get shade around 1:30p. I don't think I could take much more than that.

But next week will be awesome!!

This is the new norm. UGA@Auburn was not full.

Yup. Even when I lived around Knoxville post college, I didn’t go to any games. The cost of parking/an Uber, plus waiting in traffic, plus absurd prices for food/beer, plus dealing with morons, equals watching the game at home or in a near by bar.

Reactions: BucksnortVol
We were there, section PP. I thought it was loud, crowd contributed to a false start late in the game. As others said sometimes watching at home is better. There were some dumb SC fans right behind us so between the language and knees in the back, that took away from the fun. The number of TV timeouts was borderline criminal. Worst thing though, WTH is there so much rust and faded orange paint on what should be the coliseum of college football? Can they not pressure wash and paint the freaking stadium once a generation? They made over $4 million in ticket sales today alone? There are only 8 games a year, take care of the stadium. Geesh...

Y'all didn't yell and scream? We are in X1, diagonal from the band. It sounded loud from there.
Some of us did. A large portion just sat there until something went wrong and then they had something to say.

AD should start giving away remaining tickets come Friday. Give to local charities, local high school football teams, etc. Obviously they won’t do this, but I’d be for it for every game.

Nobody is hated more than the fat guy with the red shirt on Standing on the 20 yard line. TV guy says stop the game stops. I hate the 3hr 45 minute games. You’re right waiting on TV timeouts is miserable and takes away from the game. Not a good fan experience.

Reactions: onevol74

VN Store

Back