FORUM DARK MODE beta version

Freak

VolNation's Grand Poobah
Staff member
So I've been working on this for a while, messing around with shades of dark and such. It's not quite finished yet. I'm still not happy with some parts of it and I haven't changed over all of the buttons yet (I planned to work on that some this morning but woke up to an HVAC issue that's taken up my day, but that's another story). That said, with the Dark Mode uniforms, I pretty much had to go ahead and release it in it's current state.

Anyway, I'll leave this thread either here or on the help forum so you guys can provide feedback and/or suggestions. There are some things besides the buttons that might still be broken. You can post screenshots of those things in this thread to bring them to my attention. Your assistance is appreciated.

As always, you can change the forum skin in the bottom left of the forum. Click the link that says VolNation 2018 and then select Dark Mode 21.

Here's a direct link to turn it on.

Dark Theme 21

To turn it off.

Light Theme

Go Vols!

So I've been working on this for a while, messing around with shades of dark and such. It's not quite finished yet. I'm still not happy with some parts of it and I haven't changed over all of the buttons yet (I planned to work on that some this morning but woke up to an HVAC issue that's taken up my day, but that's another story). That said, with the Dark Mode uniforms, I pretty much had to go ahead and release it in it's current state.

Anyway, I'll leave this thread either here or on the help forum so you guys can provide feedback and/or suggestions. There are some things besides the buttons that might still be broken. You can post screenshots of those things in this thread to bring them to my attention. Your assistance is appreciated.

As always, you can change the forum skin in the bottom left of the forum. Click the link that says VolNation 2018 and then select Dark Mode 21.

Here's a direct link to turn it on.

Dark Theme 21

Go Vols!
LOVE IT Freak! Thanks!

Not bad I guess.
Feel free to post suggestions. I'm not fully happy with it as it stands so I'll continue to tinker with it. Like I said, it wasn't quite ready for release. lol.

@Freak what does it look like if you inverse the places where you use dark grey and black?

As in, we spend 99% of our time reading the content of the posts, so having that as the darker black color might be easier on the eyes over time, and then have the toolbar at top, and profile info to the left, be the dark gray?

Edit: Like YouTube in Dark Mode

Last edited:
giphy.gif

One thing I don't like, and I'm still considering, is the unread thread titles (bolded) don't really stand out from the read ones (not bolded).
Make the background of that area black, use bold white to delineate unread threads, and non-bold lighter gray as read.

Reactions: Notorious B.E.N

VN Store

Back