Recruiting Forum Football Talk IV

Status
Not open for further replies.
Gotcha, wasn't here for any of that.
I definitely should be counted with the anti Haslam group but if I'm being 100% honest, that stems from my speculation and a lot of 2nd hand info.
After the whole Travis Stephens impersonator, who was "confirmed" by my arrival, I always leave the door open to being totally wrong.

Either way, I have no problem completely disagreeing with him on the subject, as long as he's honest about his stance.
Much rather that than for him to agree with the consensus and not really feel that way. Even if I don't like it.
pretty sure Coke Zero snorters wear purple

Reactions: chargervol
Meh, it’s marginal. They deserve a golf clap for the effort but still comes up plenty short.

Granted these are just someone’s mock-ups but I would have gone with something like this over that god awful white helmet and black uni…
View attachment 400164
I was meh on anything with a white helmet but that sold me. Wouldn’t mind it with our regular color scheme…or the grays. Would be a cool road uni with gray pants.

Remember when a bunch of posters thought Gus should be the hire. UCF is 2-2 and just lost to 0-3 Navy lol

And their loss to Louisville can be attributed to awful play calling as well. Run the ball and kick the field goal. At worst that game was going into overtime until the pick six.

Someone else mentioned that with all the terrible things that have happened here over the past 15 years, letting loose and having fun with uniforms is a great change.

I'm ALL for being the Oregon of the SEC and have a few cool gimmicky uniform variations per year. Why not? Let's be hip and cool. It could only help recruiting and gain eyes and attention from media.

Guy I coached with several years ago passed away this morning. Played at FSU late 60s and claimed to have worn a motorcycle helmet while playing. Never thought it was true. Found this on the Internet. RIP Coach Vohun.

Talk about tough, Frank Vohun had several nose injuries, and was having trouble finding a helmet that would fit him. 🏉Often, the helmets he wore would slide down during the game and re-injure his nose! Vohun was ultimately allowed to wear a motorcycle helmet with a facemask attached until he found a new helmet! 👏Sporturf
#ImARealFan

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back