Recruiting Forum Football Talk IV

Status
Not open for further replies.

Those look good. I was getting worried with all the descriptions. I like black (it's probably my favorite color) but some of the things we were hearing sounded awful. I mean how do you screw up black? We females in the audience know that you can't go wrong with a "little black dress." (FWIW, that's the pun "orange is the new black" is making). It's basic. But somehow the descriptions sounded like they were messing that up.

Thrilled to see those unis look good.

I don’t get the old heads that call stuff like alternate jerseys gimmicky. It was gimmicky back in early 2000s sure but it’s 2021 and every team in America college or NFL is wearing alternate jerseys. Alabama may be the only football team pro or college that doesn’t have an alternate. It’s not gimmicky anymore it’s catching up with the times and the current standard. Kids love to look good and fresh not boring

My 15 year old daughter said they look really cool, something she hasn’t mentioned about any other uniform combo I can remember. So, there’s your teenager viewpoint input on it. Which is, incidentally, probably a major demographic of who this is aimed at after all. (Well, maybe not 15 year old girls, but potential high school future recruits)
My 14 yo son said they are sick.
But he also says the same thing about oregon nearly every week! Lol

They look better in action. I don't understand why we couldn't complete the "dark mode" switch with black helmets, but hey, whatever takes play to the next level.
SIAP, I saw something saying they couldn't get the material to make the black helmets. It was supposed to happen. Didn't think I would like the white helmets but the black outline is FIRE!

I don’t get the old heads that call stuff like alternate jerseys gimmicky. It was gimmicky back in early 2000s sure but it’s 2021 and every team in America college or NFL is wearing alternate jerseys. Alabama may be the only football team pro or college that doesn’t have an alternate. It’s not gimmicky anymore it’s catching up with the times and the current standard. Kids love to look good and fresh not boring
If we put that putrid Smokey logo on a helmet I’ll be so mad and the epitome of gimmicky. You can do alternates well but there is a line. The T should always be on the helmet. The only alternate logo we should entertains is the rifleman or the “Vols” with the star in the O.

That's kind of easy for you to say...
lol. People have been killed throughout history by many different means, some with racial intent some not. When we were kids we'd tie nooses for shoot and giggles with zero racial thoughts. Just because an object was used in the past for terrible unspeakable things doesn't automatically make that object a symbol of racism.

I think AV lost people when he said he was thrilled with the hire and that we were all gonna be thrilled but it turned out to be nobody. IIRC, at one point he was openly carrying water for the Haslams and that didn't help his case. He may know and like them but a lot of people don't like them at all and believe Jimmy is responsible for a ton of what has ailed us.

If AV wanted he could come back at this point but he did go all in on delivering a home run. He was wrong for whatever reason. It's not the end of the world.

Gotcha, wasn't here for any of that.
I definitely should be counted with the anti Haslam group but if I'm being 100% honest, that stems from my speculation and a lot of 2nd hand info.
After the whole Travis Stephens impersonator, who was "confirmed" by my arrival, I always leave the door open to being totally wrong.

Either way, I have no problem completely disagreeing with him on the subject, as long as he's honest about his stance.
Much rather that than for him to agree with the consensus and not really feel that way. Even if I don't like it.

It looks like helmet manufacturers are making it harder and harder on the guy that puts the stickers on the helmets
I was just thinking about that. You think those stickers are actually shaped weird so that when they are placed on the contours they're proportional?

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back