2022 Army game bought out (merged)

Finebaum and John Adams gave this story significant airtime. no telling how many times it's been shared and regurgitated since then. this staff is not impressing recruits with on the field results yet, and there is no recent history of success to lure 'em in. Current Vols players are not getting six figure NIL deals. White and Hoople look bad because they are the ones in the drivers' seats right now. Some 4* DE isn't gonna take the time to research out whether this started under Fulmer/Pruitt. besides which, no matter who started the pull out, White and Hoople could've hit the brakes and agreed to play. This program is not gonna get turned around to where we want by recruiting 3*s to fit a scheme. Programs that go that route plateau far below divisional championships. Vols need elite recruits. Whether we like it or not, recruits and their families listen to people like Finebaum. This stunt probably won us a meaningless game next year but it may cost a couple of commitments this year.
Lmao omg I was gonna go to UT but they decided not to play an independent midmajor 😂

Yea definitely not the guy saying that recruits will leave UT because they rescheduled a game against a nobody
I didn't say that either, but you seem to think we're still considered a powerhouse. It's going to take some real improvement to be in that conversation again

I didn't say that either, but you seem to think we're still considered a powerhouse. It's going to take some real improvement to be in that conversation again
Define powerhouse. Are we a consistent top 25 program right now? We are rebuilding towards that. Are we one of the top ten programs of all time. Definitely. Are we one of the top 40 programs in the country currently. Yes

Army does not take cheap shots. They play by the rules of the game.
I even pointed out that Army is one of the least penalized teams in college football. If they played dirty they would be getting penalized a lot more. They play good, clean, sound football.

A team that was dirty was the early 90s Houston Oilers. That's why they were one of the most penalized teams in the NFL during that time.

If a team plays dirty they get penalties. Army doesn't play dirty. And like you said they don't take cheap shots.

Reactions: BlinghamptonVol
Define powerhouse. Are we a consistent top 25 program right now? We are rebuilding towards that. Are we one of the top ten programs of all time. Definitely. Are we one of the top 40 programs in the country currently. Yes
I think we have fallen from that top 10 spot this last decade.

I like Huepel and I believe he can get us back into a top 25 program, but at some point he will need to bring in top 10 recruiting classes to make us a national powerhouse again. Yes, we are a top ten program of all time in total wins. So what? We're number 10 and slowly slipping

If a team plays dirty they get penalties. Army doesn't play dirty. And like you said they don't take cheap shots.
The problem is that cut blocking is legal, yet dangerous and there’sa fine line between a cut and a chop.

Agree. Some dumb fans want to make a mountain out of a molehill. Scared to play Army??? Please.
Schedules change all the time. Buyouts happen for many reasons and it’s not like Heupel came in and demanded the change. For whatever reason, this has been in the works for awhile. The outrage is a little goofy.

The problem is that cut blocking is legal, yet dangerous and there’sa fine line between a cut and a chop.
You guys keep spinning it. Army does not play dirty. How simple is it to just admit it. The offense they run is perfectly fine.

By the way. That offense was not invented in the 1940s like some people claim. The type of option they run was made popular by Paul Johnson. Mouse Davis also used this type of flexbone formation when running the run n shoot offense. Actually that's where Paul Johnson got many of his ideas from when coming up with offensive plays in his option style offense.

Let's face it. You're the type of person who can't handle someone disagreeing with you. So now you resort to insults.

You're not going to change my mind. We should have honored the commitment and it's rather embarrassing that we backed out of a football game with an FBS Independent. That's my opinion and I'm sticking to it.
It’s not a disagreement, it’s an obvious observation and the right move to anyone that just isn’t on here to just argue. Either way we aren’t playing the game and I love the decision.

Reactions: Rickyvol77
You guys keep spinning it. Army does not play dirty. How simple is it to just admit it. The offense they run is perfectly fine.

By the way. That offense was not invented in the 1940s like some people claim. The type of option they run was made popular by Paul Johnson. Mouse Davis also used this type of flexbone formation when running the run n shoot offense. Actually that's where Paul Johnson got many of his ideas from when coming up with offensive plays in his option style offense.
I never said the offense was dirty. It’s just a blocking scheme nobody likes to play. And who knows if that’s even the reason for the cancellation? When they schedule these OOC games, it’s years out and they can’t know what the system is even going to be. Even when they started trying to buy it out a few years ago, they couldn’t know who would be on the coaching staff in 2022.

The whole “scared” thing is a made up sports narrative.

Reactions: Rickyvol77

We aren’t playing them , get over it !

Reactions: BigOrangeTrain

Who cares what they do or think. We are above them and can do what we want

I even pointed out that Army is one of the least penalized teams in college football. If they played dirty they would be getting penalized a lot more. They play good, clean, sound football.

A team that was dirty was the early 90s Houston Oilers. That's why they were one of the most penalized teams in the NFL during that time.

Again who cares. Army is beneath us and no one cares what they think. They are no different than Arkansas St or Memphis or MTSU or any other midmajor trash program

Reactions: BigOrangeTrain
Finebaum and John Adams gave this story significant airtime. no telling how many times it's been shared and regurgitated since then. this staff is not impressing recruits with on the field results yet, and there is no recent history of success to lure 'em in. Current Vols players are not getting six figure NIL deals. White and Hoople look bad because they are the ones in the drivers' seats right now. Some 4* DE isn't gonna take the time to research out whether this started under Fulmer/Pruitt. besides which, no matter who started the pull out, White and Hoople could've hit the brakes and agreed to play. This program is not gonna get turned around to where we want by recruiting 3*s to fit a scheme. Programs that go that route plateau far below divisional championships. Vols need elite recruits. Whether we like it or not, recruits and their families listen to people like Finebaum. This stunt probably won us a meaningless game next year but it may cost a couple of commitments this year.
You get it some don’t!

VN Store

Back