2022 Army game bought out (merged)

Army the past 5 years has generally gotten up for games against bigger names.

They took at the time at least highly ranked Oklahoma and Michigan to OT in the past 3 years. It would definitely at the least likely be a tough W.

Mainly because West Point changed the Height and Weight requirements for athletes. Once that happened, Army started competing. (They were the only service academy who had not fixed this until recently)

Kind of a bummer since my dad, uncle, and cousin went to West Point, so we would've gone, but oh well.

Im thinking our schedule is already tough enough why put an army team on the schedule then again the guy that wrote the article , spun the article putting us in a bad light, is a big ten Wisconsin fan, so there in is the answer.

So don’t play a team that can beat you? I wonder why this game was ever scheduled. Army’s talent even now is so far below ours it don’t matter if they ran a quadruple option we should play and beat them easily. This just looks bad.

It looks bad to dumb fans. Army can’t beat us. There is zero benefit to playing chop block U.

While I don't think Tennessee would beat Army this year or next considering where we are..... It is fun to watch some of you piss and moan because we took a team off our schedule a year out to save our dline. Mind you this game was scheduled between Pitt and Florida. I don't care what they call us. We have one of the toughest schedules in the country without the OOC games. It was smart to remove them. We are going to struggle to have depth to play conference games anyway. 6 dl to 2 in 60 minutes. The last thing we need is a pile of injuries playing some cut blocking service school. Sure I respect the Army, Navy and AF. They are very good at what they do. It is also borderline cheap and very dangerous to the opposing team. Now, when the NCAA decides they can't play like that sure put them on the schedule. Until then screw that.

He's right. It was pathetic. And very disrespectful to those young men on Army's team who will be serving in our nation's military after their playing days are over.
This has nothing to do with being disrespectful to young men on Army’s team… both teams will play full schedules. It makes no sense for us to play Army to start with.

If the most embarrassing thing Tennessee does is back out of playing army, we’ve got it made considering everything that’s happened and probably will again.

I’d be more scared to play Navy. They have aircraft carriers. Bad azz.

Go VOLS

He's right. It was pathetic. And very disrespectful to those young men on Army's team who will be serving in our nation's military after their playing days are over.
Gimme a break with the disrespectful card. We’re talking about sports. Winning and losing. Some of the biggest cheap shot artist I’ve ever played sports against went to Army or Air Force. You think anyone GAF about their feelings or disrespecting them inside the white lines? No way.

Reactions: GoVolunteers
Gimme a break with the disrespectful card. We’re talking about sports. Winning and losing. Some of the biggest cheap shot artist I’ve ever played sports against went to Army or Air Force. You think anyone GAF about their feelings or disrespecting them inside the white lines? No way.
Then explain why Army and Navy are currently two of the least penalized teams in college football. If they were playing dirty they would get penalized. This shows me they play good clean football.

Just stop , willful ( hopefully) ignorance is not a good look
Let's face it. You're the type of person who can't handle someone disagreeing with you. So now you resort to insults.

You're not going to change my mind. We should have honored the commitment and it's rather embarrassing that we backed out of a football game with an FBS Independent. That's my opinion and I'm sticking to it.

VN Store

Back