Recruiting Forum Football Talk IV

Status
Not open for further replies.
While I like his stats a safety ranking 6th in tackles is not ideal. Not always, but usually means the ball is getting to the second level and beyond.

Have you watched us play at all? He’s a nickel that plays at the line of scrimmage and the first bullet shows that he leads the SEC in TFL...

Also with the expansion with OU and Texas...if they keep East and West divisions...that means they will go to West and more than likely Bama and Auburn will get pushed to the East. Then throw in a 10 game conference schedule because you would have to play 2 from the West andthis could be a possible conference schedule:

UF
Mizzou
UGA
Bama
Texas
SC
Auburn
UK
OU
Vandy

Yeah....I'll play TN school for the deaf and Mount olive elementary for our non conference....don't care.

I don't think they will keep divisions. Sankey has mentioned the pods system and so have other coaches.

Reactions: UTJoe
Sandwiching a game vs Army in between a revenge road trip to Pitt and a home SEC opener vs Florida wasn't a good idea. I'm glad we have a competent AD to spot and change things like that.
All option teams are trap games and they all block below the knee. Many injuries could have piled up. I’d lose a net 100k to keep our players healthy for SEC play.

2022 SCHEDULE

DATE OPPONENT
Sept. 3 Ball State
Sept.10 @ Pittsburgh
Sept.17 Akron
Sept.24 Florida
Oct. 1OPEN
Oct. 8 @ LSU
Oct. 15 Alabama
Oct. 22 UT-Martin
Oct. 29 Kentucky

Nov. 5 @ Georgia
Nov. 12 Missouri
Nov. 19 @ South Carolina
Nov. 26 @ Vandy

Think 6 wins is for sure likely, would think we can get to 8 but depends on how well we finish in recruiting and also if we have our QB or not.

We should just go ahead and drop football if we're that scared. Not wasting time on prepping for the option when no one else runs it - I understand but worrying that Army would beat us but Akron wouldn't? I've never seen us in a sorrier state as a fanbase than that.
I'm not so much worried about a loss as I am suffering injuries at the beginning of the season and having a slugfest the week before Florida. Army will physically punish teams in ways that the SEC doesn't even do because they don't play a modern game.

So I tested positive last Friday (doing fine just lost smell/taste) but my wife tested positive yesterday. She’s 7 months pregnant and has a pretty bad cough. She’s already scheduled to go to UT in the morning for the antibody transfusion and her OB has prescribed some blood thinning shots that have to be put in her stomach that we are going to pickup this afternoon.

Anyone know anything about the success of these treatments to help put my mind at ease? @VolsDoc81TX @volatil
First off I’m praying for y’all.

The state sent an email to every provider pushing this treatment. I have ordered this several times a day for the past few weeks. I have had patients reach out and say their symptoms resolved days after. I have not had any of my patients claim a bad reaction. It has been approved for emergency use. We are required to give a document stating this. Your wife’s OB must feel strongly about her needing this. I would listen to them.

Again none of my patients have reported negative response to this.

Praying for health of wife and baby (and you). Please keep us updated

We should just go ahead and drop football if we're that scared. Not wasting time on prepping for the option when no one else runs it - I understand but worrying that Army would beat us but Akron wouldn't? I've never seen us in a sorrier state as a fanbase than that.
Sure you have! We bought out UNC under Dooley and everyone wanted us to pay Oregon and Oklahoma twice each not to play us. Was against those moves because it’s not about fear of losing…it’s advantages/disadvantages. I simply don’t believe it’s the same animal.

That article is spot on. Great summary here:

“Tennessee is stuck in a disastrous cycle. Coaching turnover leads to roster turnover, which leads to more losses, which leads to more coaching turnover. A Vols program that won the fifth most games in the 1990s has eight losing seasons in 13 years.”
I hated that article but it isn’t wrong

We got out of it because it was a bad deal. College football is big business. Tennessee has BEEN big business.

They had far more to gain and we had far more to lose financially and competitively. That's not a good deal for us.
Whoever decided to give Army $1.4M to come to Knoxville should be horse whipped. With this deal, we're now giving Army $500K not to come to Knoxville and we're giving the new team $1M to come to Knoxville. We seem to have lots of money just laying around :):)

Whoever decided to give Army $1.4M to come to Knoxville should be horse whipped. With this deal, we're now giving Army $500K not to come to Knoxville and we're giving the new team $1M to come to Knoxville. We seem to have lots of money just laying around :):)
Our guys could barely hold up against TT. Imagine Army? We'd have no team.

2022 SCHEDULE

DATE OPPONENT
Sept. 3 Ball State
Sept.10 @ Pittsburgh
Sept.17 Akron
Sept.24 Florida
Oct. 1OPEN
Oct. 8 @ LSU
Oct. 15 Alabama
Oct. 22 UT-Martin
Oct. 29 Kentucky
Nov. 5 @ Georgia
Nov. 12 Missouri
Nov. 19 @ South Carolina
Nov. 26 @ Vandy

4 auto losses. The rest are winnable. I'll say 6-6

Playing against an option team is a PITA. Cut blocks on your DLinemen on every play. Your defensive coaches waste a lot of time studying how to prepare if they haven't regularly face a TO team. Your scout team has very little chance of giving your defense a good look to practice against because your offensive coaches have no way to reproduce it faithfully. And the majority of that effort on the part of coaches and players to learn how to defend this system is wasted for one low level game.

UGA did this crap for 10 years; brilliant move by AD White IMO.

Playing against an option team is a PITA. Cut blocks on your DLinemen on every play. Your defensive coaches waste a lot of time studying how to prepare if they haven't regularly face a TO team. Your scout team has very little chance of giving your defense a good look to practice against because your offensive coaches have no way to reproduce it faithfully. And the majority of that effort on the part of coaches and players to learn how to defend this system is wasted for one low level game.

UGA did this crap for 10 years; brilliant move by AD White IMO.
believe article says previous staff initiated.

should have never been scheduled.

Reactions: InVOLuntary
Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back