Recruiting Forum Football Talk IV

Status
Not open for further replies.
That at
Bold strategy, cotton… not a bad idea honestly. Kind of hang it up for the teams you know will **** you up (UF, UGA, Bama, Ole Miss) so you have a better shot with the few games that are somewhat winnable[/QU

That would instill a losing culture. He would be done here if he was that stupid.

Depends on their replacements. Accelerating the rebuild means upgrading with the right guys. We're more than just a QB away.

No doubt about that.. random thought but I feel like Ole Miss is going to be in on a lot of guys that we would want due to their style of play.

I remember watching a game 2 years ago when Henry first started this wild run he is on. The announcers were talking about Henry and almost being out of the league, they said what made him change his mind was a conversation with Eddie George on Henry running soft and him needing to be the one to deliver hits instead of take them.

Eddie George reminding Henry to do what made him a Heisman trophy winner isn't the same as trying to take a nearly zero production guy and turn him into becoming a big time hard nose RB.

Reactions: SoilVol and jave36
I just saw that we are going to lose at least 10 players on defense in the current 2 deep next year. Yikes

On offense I feel like we will take a big step forward next year, but a step back on defense.

I just saw that we are going to lose at least 10 players on defense in the current 2 deep next year. Yikes
1632245610408.png

Wonder if any of them got another year of eligibility or not...cause Roman is listed as a Junior but has at least 2 years with last season not counting.

Reactions: ACvol3
I am not saying you are wrong - you very well could be right. But what evidence do you have to suggest this coaching staff is better than the last?

Again, I am not flaming, trolling or looking for an argument. I just want to know what you see.

Starting game script and adjustments and a defense that is flying to the ball and a staff that doesn’t quit in the players and vice versa.

Catch 22 bull crap in laying down. You never rest to lose. You fight for 60! Minutes and either get best or maybe somehow things work out well. Nebraska didn’t rest and UTC didn’t rest and South Carolina best Georgia because they didn’t rest. Some of you are just pathetic. I don’t expect to win but if they ever get the mentality as a staff and team some of you have then I will never step foot in Neyland again. Rest your best players because the other team is so good. Dang

Oh wow. I always liked DeBord. He proved a lot of fans who called him nothing more than an Olympic pool guy wrong. If Fulmer had only hired him instead of Clawson I think our program is very very different today but the fact that Fulmer was scared of the criticism that he wouldn't change wasn't helped by the fact that the two of them even looked alike, Still I'm glad we had him and Dobbs at the same time and wish him all the best recovering.

View attachment 396286

Wonder if any of them got another year of eligibility or not...cause Roman is listed as a Junior but has at least 2 years with last season not counting.

Regarding next years depth chart so far and I'm prob missing a few players, so I apologize. Just thoughts, and where may use our final spots, or at least I hope.

QB - Milton and Jackson (Bailey and Hooker will be gone, so take a transfer guy or another hs)

RB - Evans, Small, Wright, and Sampson (I'd say Beckwith leaves and Whitehead either follows or goes to LB)

WR - Tillman, Hyatt, Payton, Coby, Merrill, Calloway, Miller, White, and Nimrod (I can see Holiday leaving and being closer to home)

TE - Warren, Fant, Campbell, and Foley (Would try to get a transfer)

OL - Wright, Cooper, Spraggins, Lampley, Lane, Harris, Davis, Akporo, Ball, Crawford, Nichols, Reddick, Clipper, Grant (Need at least two transfers that can play right away)

DL - Simmons, Baron, Terry, Young, Harrison, Bailey, McNeil, Garland, Big O, Sneed, Nolen (This one is hard to guess, because I could see guys like Garland, and Bailey transfer out, no idea on McNeil, but I could see us taking 2-3 transfers/or JUCO guys for this position)

LB - Mitchell, Garland, Mohan, Eason, Beasely, Banks, Willis, Perry, Herring (I could see Joseph leaving. Will need immediate help here so I hope we take a ton of LB's from the portal)

Secondary - Turnage, Hadden, Tank, Charles, Rucker, McDonald, Slaughter, Burrell, and incoming freshmen (Could see a guy like Fields leave, seems like we are trending with a few HS recruits, as well as JUCO's, so we may not need any transfers here)

Last edited:
Starting game script and adjustments and a defense that is flying to the ball and a staff that doesn’t quit in the players and vice versa.

Catch 22 bull crap in laying down. You never rest to lose. You fight for 60! Minutes and either get best or maybe somehow things work out well. Nebraska didn’t rest and UTC didn’t rest and South Carolina best Georgia because they didn’t rest. Some of you are just pathetic. I don’t expect to win but if they ever get the mentality as a staff and team some of you have then I will never step foot in Neyland again. Rest your best players because the other team is so good. Dang
We definitely agree on this

Idc what you tell them to not hurt they’re feelings, just don’t get them hurt for games we’re sure to lose anyways
Any player that realizes that is going on should walk straight off that field to another team and any fan should stop watching and supporting the program. You will never have a good program with that kind of mentality.

Regarding next years depth chart so far and I'm prob missing a few players, so I apologize. Just thoughts, and where may use our final spots, or at least I hope.

QB - Milton and Jackson (Bailey and Hooker will be gone, so take a transfer guy or another hs)

RB - Evans, Small, Wright, and Sampson (I'd say Beckwith leaves and Whitehead either follows or goes to LB)

WR - Tillman, Hyatt, Payton, Coby, Merrill, Calloway, Miller, White, and Nimrod (I can see Holiday leaving and being closer to home)

TE - Warren, Campbell, and Foley (Would try to get a transfer)

OL - Wright, Cooper, Spraggins, Lampley, Lane, Harris, Davis, Akporo, Ball, Crawford, Nichols, Reddick, Clipper, Grant (Need at least two transfers that can play right away)

DL - Simmons, Baron, Terry, Young, Harrison, Bailey, McNeil, Garland, Big O, Sneed, Nolen (This one is hard to guess, because I could see guys like Garland, and Bailey transfer out, no idea on McNeil, but I could see us taking 2-3 transfers/or JUCO guys for this position)

LB - Garland, Mohan, Eason, Beasely, Banks, Willis, Perry, Herring (I could see Joseph leaving. Will need immediate help here so I hope we take a ton of LB's from the portal)

Secondary - Turnage, Hadden, Tank, Charles, Rucker, McDonald, Slaughter, Burrell, and incoming freshmen (Could see a guy like Fields leave, seems like we are trending with a few HS recruits, as well as JUCO's, so we may not need any transfers here)

These two below are SUPER SCARY and until we have them filled out with 2 deep SEC level players we will be hurting. Just the facts.

LB - Garland, Mohan, Eason, Beasely, Banks, Willis, Perry, Herring (I could see Joseph leaving. Will need immediate help here so I hope we take a ton of LB's from the portal)

Reactions: TrippieRedd
Any player that realizes that is going on should walk straight off that field to another team and any fan should stop watching and supporting the program. You will never have a good program with that kind of mentality.
Any practice nuggets - i want to know if Milton is off to the side today or going through practice.

Will be telling today and tomorrow.

Reactions: VolsDoc81TX
These two below are SUPER SCARY and until we have them filled out with 2 deep SEC level players we will be hurting. Just the facts.

Absolutely. It's irritating watching both play.

Reactions: SpringBokVol
So I tested positive last Friday (doing fine just lost smell/taste) but my wife tested positive yesterday. She’s 7 months pregnant and has a pretty bad cough. She’s already scheduled to go to UT in the morning for the antibody transfusion and her OB has prescribed some blood thinning shots that have to be put in her stomach that we are going to pickup this afternoon.

Anyone know anything about the success of these treatments to help put my mind at ease? @VolsDoc81TX @volatil

So I tested positive last Friday (doing fine just lost smell/taste) but my wife tested positive yesterday. She’s 7 months pregnant and has a pretty bad cough. She’s already scheduled to go to UT in the morning for the antibody transfusion and her OB has prescribed some blood thinning shots that have to be put in her stomach that we are going to pickup this afternoon.

Anyone know anything about the success of these treatments to help put my mind at ease? @VolsDoc81TX @volatil
Antibody is legit. Not sure about the shots.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back