Recruiting Forum Football Talk IV

Status
Not open for further replies.
No one wants to end up like us. However, unlike FSU, Tennessee has never lost to an FCS program.

That article is spot on. Great summary here:

“Tennessee is stuck in a disastrous cycle. Coaching turnover leads to roster turnover, which leads to more losses, which leads to more coaching turnover. A Vols program that won the fifth most games in the 1990s has eight losing seasons in 13 years.”

We should just go ahead and drop football if we're that scared. Not wasting time on prepping for the option when no one else runs it - I understand but worrying that Army would beat us but Akron wouldn't? I've never seen us in a sorrier state as a fanbase than that.
I don’t think they are worried per se but just that the game won’t help them for the rest of the year. Nobody plans triple option and cut blocks are ripe for injuries. Not worth it

Oh, no. Prayers to DeBord and his family. Strokes are so, so dangerous. My grandmother suffered a mild one during Thanksgiving week 2015 and it took months of rehab to get back to normal.

They sure are. My grandfather had one...he was slowly recovering over the first year, but then just kept running into complications and could NEVER fully recover. He went from a spritely, very intelligent man (he came to the "secret city" of Oak Ridge, as it was opening, right out of NYU and was...either in engineering or finance...we have never really known and he was never able to speak on it) into a smiling, but speechless man. You could just tell this sharp 90 year old man was inside of his body, unable to do anything on his own. Strokes suck!

I don’t think they are worried per se but just that the game won’t help them for the rest of the year. Nobody plans triple option and cut blocks are ripe for injuries. Not worth it

I hope you're right but with everything else that's been said over the past week I'm not so sure about it being the option. I'm sure that's the reasoning for UT but I don't think that's the reasoning for some of our fans.

Also with the expansion with OU and Texas...if they keep East and West divisions...that means they will go to West and more than likely Bama and Auburn will get pushed to the East. Then throw in a 10 game conference schedule because you would have to play 2 from the West andthis could be a possible conference schedule:

UF
Mizzou
UGA
Bama
Texas
SC
Auburn
UK
OU
Vandy

Yeah....I'll play TN school for the deaf and Mount olive elementary for our non conference....don't care.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back