Recruiting Forum Football Talk IV

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oh I'm not down on us per say. I thought depending on how we came together we could potentially be an 8-win or so team but that obviously was predicated on QB play. Our defense is definitely better than I anticipated though meaning we have some really good coaches on that side of the ball. Our run blocking still needs work as well.
Our defense is playing better than it has in years. We need to get QB straightened out. We happen to have one of the best QB coaches in football coaching our team. We’ll be playing better in late October than we are right now.

Funny how 3 days ago there was a big faction of Bailey fans… not so much anymore
I think that’s an over simplification. People wanted to see HB because Hooker can’t pass.

We sorta got to see him on Saturday. He didn’t look very good. He was also playing behind Parker ball and all freshman OL and throwing to receivers ive never heard of.

He still moves too slow in the pocket and if he’s ever going to be a player he needs to get that fixed

For us to have a chance with Florida, we need to come out hitting our shots. We can’t afford to miss any wide open deep shots. Our only hope is to jump out to a large lead and hope we can hold on. I think our defense will start off strong and begin to fade late, so we can’t just hope to keep it close and have a chance at the end.

Reactions: VolNash17
Funny how 3 days ago there was a big faction of Bailey fans… not so much anymore
Lol...Bailey probably had a better grasp of what Pruitt & Chaney wanted to run offensively whereas he's still really trying to learn Heupel's system...Like some others have said, he has the tools to eventually be really good. Only time will tell. He definitely has a lot of developing to do though.

The offense is improving for sure, elements of the defense look better. But there is a very obvious talent deficit in this roster, in terms of quality and depth that will take years to improve.

Heupel and this staff have to develop the talent, they just aren't going to be able to recruit what they need.

Hooker can’t pass
For Heaven's sake, quit with this! I know he hit mostly short stuff, but he did compelte 68% of his passes. You keep talking like he can't even throw it over 20 yards.

The only bad overthrow was the deep post...which the receiver was wide open on. Other than that, they were in the vicinity. The rest is on the receivers to make the play.

I am surprised at how much hate Hooker is still getting...

70.2% 392 yards, 5 TDs 1 INT and 113 rushing yards with another TD

Kinda hoping he just keeps getting better the more time he spends in this system getting reps.
He had 199 yards against freakin Tennessee Tech..that would have been a great statline for that one game.

For Heaven's sake, quit with this! I know he hit mostly short stuff, but he did compelte 68% of his passes. You keep talking like he can't even throw it over 20 yards.

The only bad overthrow was the deep post...which the receiver was wide open on. Other than that, they were in the vicinity. The rest is on the receivers to make the play.
Buddy, I could hit 68% of my passes if 90% of them are thrown behind the LOS

I think that’s an over simplification. People wanted to see HB because Hooker can’t pass.

We sorta got to see him on Saturday. He didn’t look very good. He was also playing behind Parker ball and all freshman OL and throwing to receivers ive never heard of.

He still moves too slow in the pocket and if he’s ever going to be a player he needs to get that fixed

Any QB who does not get enough first team reps in practice and games - you will see what we saw out of HB. Doesn't matter who they are. Unfair comparison. He may really be the #3, but compare apples to apples.

Just stop it.
It’s the truth Brillo

Hooker Passing Chart
20+ Left: 1/4, 29 yards, TD to Payton, DPI

Middle: 0/2

Right: 0/1 (DPI called)

11-20 yards:

Left: N/A

Middle: N/A

Right: 1/1, 11 yards

0-10 yards:
left: 8/8, 116 yards, TD to Velus

Middle: 1/2, 7 yards

Right: 2/3, 11 yards, TD to Warren

Behind LOS:

Left: 4/4, 26 yards

N/A

Right: 1/2, 3 yards

Hate to say it but @Catbone is right. If UGA's offense becomes decent to good once everyone is healthy, they very well may beat Bama. We know their defense is likely the best in the country.
We should wait to crown Georgia until they play a team capable of scoring points.

My biggest concern is the run game right now. You touched on it with the poor blocking from the oline and TEs. I agree about Coop, we are definitely a better oline unit when he is out there.

This will be a long season if we can't run on a 6 man box. 3 games in and everyone we played are keeping 2 safeties deep. We must be able to pick up 5-6 yards a clip against a light box. Outside of BG, we haven't been able to.

I think with time we begin to start connecting on those deep passes (we'll I hope so anyway).
Uhmm..I don't think Tech was doing that so much. It looked to me like they were crashing pretty hard on the run plays..but maybe I missed it.

Baas, just stop!
It’s the truth Brillo

Hooker Passing Chart
20+ Left: 1/4, 29 yards, TD to Payton, DPI

Middle: 0/2

Right: 0/1 (DPI called)

11-20 yards:

Left: N/A

Middle: N/A

Right: 1/1, 11 yards

0-10 yards:
left: 8/8, 116 yards, TD to Velus

Middle: 1/2, 7 yards

Right: 2/3, 11 yards, TD to Warren

Behind LOS:

Left: 4/4, 26 yards

N/A

Right: 1/2, 3 yards

See, that's fine and dandy, but I could sit here say the same thing about Milton's overthrows by 20 yards.

Again it's a no win situation when it comes to arguing about this. Idc whoever gives us the best chance to score, needs to play and so far that's been Hooker. If he sucks against Florida, I'm all for Milton starting and vice versa.
I don't care..I just want whoever sucks the least to play.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back