76k at the Shoe

tnutater

Buckeye fanatics stayed at home today.
They may be stupid yankees but they might know how to get their administration's attention.
Vol fans showed up for a nooner to watch a team that we had no business whatsoever playing.
We are starved for any victory.
They refuse to accept mediocrity.

Reactions: Rocky Top Raby
Good. Let them show the recruits how they handle adversity.

I'll still show up at Neyland and cheer on our players regardless of all the stuff we've been through.

Real fanbases stick with their teams rain or shine. If these individuals decide to give their all for Tennessee, so will I.

They may be stupid yankees but they might know how to get their administration's attention.
Vol fans showed up for a nooner to watch a team that we had no business whatsoever playing.
Sorry, I'm gonna show up whether we're winning or losing.

Good. Let them show the recruits how they handle adversity.

I'll still show up at Neyland and cheer on our players regardless of all the stuff we've been through.

Real fanbases stick with their teams rain or shine. If these individuals decide to give their all for Tennessee, so will I.
Individuals mmmm where have we heard that before??
That you Butch??

Reactions: VolinDalton
You do realize that other SEC schools scheduled FCS opponents in 2021….

SC vs E Illinois
Vandy vs ETSU
Auburn vs AL St
AL vs Mercer
Ole Miss vs Austin Peay
LSU vs McNeese St
KY vs Chattanooga
MO vs SE Missouri St
ARK vs Arkansas Pine Bluff
FL vs Samford
GA vs Charleston Southern
Miss St vs Tennessee St

good-grief.jpg

Last edited:
Our admin wants turn Neyland into an 80k seat stadium that feels more like a pro stadium than college. TN doesn't deserve the fans it has. They have destroyed the program and are now selling its soul. I'd encourage people to find other hobbies or another program. Wouldn't bother me to see the stadium half empty, why support this garbage administration?

There was a lot less than 80K there today....

Ohioans aren't Yankees

Our admin wants turn Neyland into an 80k seat stadium that feels more like a pro stadium than college. TN doesn't deserve the fans it has. They have destroyed the program and are now selling its soul. I'd encourage people to find other hobbies or another program. Wouldn't bother me to see the stadium half empty, why support this garbage administration?
We would be better off with a modernized 80,000 stadium. The South upper deck should be scrapped

Reactions: Raebo
I’m embarrassed of some of our fan base. So you are applauding bandwagon fans?
It’s the fair weather fans that get all the glory around here.

My favorite is when they “identify “ as a “die hard” fan but won’t go to a game until we beat somebody.

Then there’s the “activist” fan. The fan that won’t go to the game to teach the administration a lesson.

Seems there are some “recreational” fans that want other fans to go hiking with them instead of going to the game.

Another kind is the bitter fan. I’ve got respect for them. They really do care so much that their feelings have gotten hurt by all this and they can’t get over it.

The last thing I want to do is tell someone how to spend their time or money. There are only so many games a year and you have only so many years in your life. Going to the game is like going fishing. Two things matter, did we get the win and who did you go with. We don’t always get the win, but you can sure go and spend time with important people. So go to every game you can and give all for the Vols.

Lol what are the buckeye fans trying to tell their administration? Day has done an excellent job there.

Reactions: lexkyvol
...and our attendance was only 80,000. Not sure what point you're going for here.

Last edited:
Reactions: Behr and lexkyvol
...and our attendance was only 80,000. Not sure ehatpoint you're going for here.

that 80k seemed like quite a stretch, too. there was sack room for every guy over 200lb seemingly everywhere i looked even outside of the entire south endzone

As always it gets back to the basics. Adversity helps define if folks are really SUPPORTIVE fans or sports consumers whose money and attendance can be dependent on the program meeting their very own objectives. on their timelines. Programs always miss the money when the support optional guys sulk and walk away, but the fan quality coefficient goes up. Those that continue to show up, prioritize watching or listening when it is not practical or possible will always be the backbone of the fan base. There is always hope that the seats will be backfilled with the more classic die hard fans when they come open.

There will be a mix in the stands and on the boards, just the way it is and always will be. Those that justify being mad and venting rather than sad are what they are and that is not being on the preferred list by our or any other program. It is not that both don't recognize the status of the program, it how they handle it that defines their fandom. I WILL GIVE MY ALL falls a little flat when words and actions don't back that up. I am hoping that attendance everywhere are impacted by COVID..... That is real for me.

Y'all don't know the honks very well. they are scared, and when they get scared, they get mad. real mad. like riot mad. they burn ****.

VN Store

Back