76k at the Shoe

Bama and FL will always be much higher attendance. Just like Oregon was for OSU last week.

The cupcake games like TN Tech and Tulsa are the ones that will be a tougher sell for programs.
If we are an elite team, our locals will want to show up for whatever games they can. They won’t be able to afford $200 tickets for Bama. They’ll be happy to get $50 seats for TN Tech.

Good. Let them show the recruits how they handle adversity.

I'll still show up at Neyland and cheer on our players regardless of all the stuff we've been through.

Real fanbases stick with their teams rain or shine. If these individuals decide to give their all for Tennessee, so will I.
Goodness. Tennessee fans can do no right. These forums have killed any logic.

If we are an elite team, our locals will want to show up for whatever games they can. They won’t be able to afford $200 tickets for Bama. They’ll be happy to get $50 seats for TN Tech.

Agreed.

But unfortunately, " elite " left Knoxville a long time ago and doesn't seem close to making a return appearance any time soon.

And the program has lost close to a generation of fans because of it.

Sounds like there were experiences with the stadium itself being a problem. Gettimg into and out of the game, lousy concessions, and ticket prices etc.

This is going to keep happening more and more everywhere including Knoxville IMO.

Easier to watch the game from home with less hassle and not paying 75 bucks for nosebleed seats.
Man, I didn't know all that. It makes sense then why they would be pissed.

Good. Let them show the recruits how they handle adversity.

I'll still show up at Neyland and cheer on our players regardless of all the stuff we've been through.

Real fanbases stick with their teams rain or shine. If these individuals decide to give their all for Tennessee, so will I.
People like you are why I still get on this board. Go VOLS damnit

Lost last week.
Season over, no playoff spot guarantee.
Buckeyes fanatics think they should never lose a regular season game.
so in other words this is what you think our fans should do because you are def implying such?

That would ruin the noise. The problem is that we’re perpetually disappointing there’s nothing wrong with Neyland. Whenever we’re good again we’d miss the noise made by 100k
80000 can make ample noise. I didn't want 100000 when we were good.

There are those who don't go to games for various reasons that are just as worthy fans as those that go to games.
There are fans that can’t go to games for various reasons. There are fans the choose not to go for various lame reasons. Don’t be lame.

There are fans that can’t go to games for various reasons. There are fans the choose not to go for various lame reasons. Don’t be lame.
Don't be an idiot. I know some people that can't go for health reasons. They watch religiously regardless of how good or bad the team is performing. I wasn't talking about "lame" excuses. Regardless, WTF are you to pass judgement.

Ample probably. But not the same. Did you got to 2015 OU or 16 Florida? The crowd made a huge difference in both games.
Yes, I was at the 15 Oklahoma game. We lost, like we have most of our big time home games the past 20 years. I was also at a number of home games in the early 70s when the crowd made a difference and we won most of our big time home games

We had better than that multiple times during the Butch era. The weak-minded fool couldn’t capitalize.
109958 at Happy Valley yesterday. 10th largest crowd in PSU history. No has more orange tinted glasses than me, but that tint doesn't make me blind to facts.

Don't be an idiot. I know some people that can't go for health reasons. They watch religiously regardless of how good or bad the team is performing. I wasn't talking about "lame" excuses. Regardless, WTF are you to pass judgement.

Wow. I see how it is.

I said fans can’t go to the games for various reasons and then I say some choose not to go for lame reasons and you blast me for it.

I’m a nobody that can usually tell the difference between can’t go and choose not to go. I did bring up the choose not to fans and there at times they are lame.

What part do you have the most issue with?

Me agreeing that some can’t go for various reasons, or me saying some choose not to go for lame reasons.

Reactions: USAFgolferVol
Yes, I was at the 15 Oklahoma game. We lost, like we have most of our big time home games the past 20 years. I was also at a number of home games in the early 70s when the crowd made a difference and we won most of our big time home games
We had the game won if we ran the clock instead of doing the hurry up. Also there’s no way Baker Mayfield gets held in check like that if it weren’t for the crowd noise. The biggest compliment you can pay a stadium is when they are able to knock a top level QB off his game

Wow. I see how it is.

I said fans can’t go to the games for various reasons and the I say some choose not to go for lame reasons and you blast me for it.

I’m a nobody that can usually tell the difference between can’t go and choose not to go. I did bring up the choose not to fans and there at times they are lame.

What part do you have the most issue with?

Me agreeing that some can’t go for various reasons, or me saying some choose not to go for lame reasons.
I misinterpreted your post. Sorry

We had the game won if we ran the clock instead of doing the hurry up. Also there’s no way Baker Mayfield gets held in check like that if it weren’t for the crowd noise. The biggest compliment you can pay a stadium is when they are able to knock a top level QB off his game
He was on his game when it mattered in the 4th quarter

Big ten fans suck in general. And we just have a much better fan base.
Penn State looked like they were doing fine last night. I know we are balancing our ooc schedule to, in theory, get us W’s, but I miss playing strong ooc teams. But guess we need to build so we can actually compete first.

VN Store

Back