Recruiting Forum Football Talk IV

Status
Not open for further replies.
when my son was in school there and we went to visit he took us to each place for a sampling.....
Big O for us
I understand that feuds have developed in Cookeville over this subject.....kinda like "taste great" or "less filling"
What’s crazy is that people in Cookeville really don’t care. Show up for church and see a box of Big O’s? Great. Box of Ralph’s. Great too.

Reactions: Smokey X
This has been debated. Not going to rehash a thousand times. He did well there but also feasted on bad teams. He develops QB’s but sucks at recruiting. Mullen is perfect at Florida. That’s why he waited it out.
I’ve always been head of the Mullen Doubt Club. He’s gradually shifted my thinking. Today… I’m thinking he just might be as good as some around here hoped he would be if he came to Tennessee

That Mississippi State punt play was absurd. If that happened to Tennessee we would be so -- well it would make sense that it would happen to us -- but we would be so pissed!!
That ref was waiving his arms. I would be pissed. That killed the play. Now the team should have just picked the ball up instead of just touching it but still. Damn.

That Mississippi State punt play was absurd. If that happened to Tennessee we would be so -- well it would make sense that it would happen to us -- but we would be so pissed!!
I thought the punt team just had to touch it. Any touching kills the play. Didn't know they had to possess it. Brutal way to lose.

Dude is lights in recruiting and being a DC tho. I would pay him whatever he wanted to come be on staff in some capacity.
Oh yeah, as a DC hes fine. And he actually learned the art of cheating, I mean recruiting from Saban well. But Kirby has no idea how to score points. As long as hes at UGA im not worried about them winning a title

That ref was waiving his arms. I would be pissed. That killed the play. Now the team should have just picked the ball up instead of just touching it but still. Damn.
I was kind of surprised that State didn't raise hell immediately. Coach has to lose his mind, player has to argue his case that he was touching the ball with his knee down, other players have to say ref was waving his arm so they gave up on the play.

At the end of the day the refs are gonna call and stand by what they want, but I just felt like state was sitting by idly.

THEN they didn't want to give State the ball on an onside that they recovered, reviewed it to see if it went 10 yards (it did), then called some other penalty from the review that they didn't the first time.

I'm happy the refs won some money tonight, but damn guys

I’ve always been head of the Mullen Doubt Club. He’s gradually shifted my thinking. Today… I’m thinking he just might be as good as some around here hoped he would be if he came to Tennessee

I just don’t believe he would have recruited well enough. He recruited mostly Mississippi kids at State. He played a tight game today, but Butch Jones did as well against Bama in 2015. Doesn’t get you anywhere.

He is a QB whisperer, but he’s weird and that’s why he can’t recruit. He is making it with transfers at UF. He won’t last a real long time there because he will get out at some point.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back