Face it, we still don't know if we are good or bad.

SEC play starts vs. Florida. We left at least 20 points on the field vs. BG and Pitt each. Scored and shutout a really bad team by close to 60 points. In the meantime, Florida loses by 2 to Bama. The Battered Vol in me says we are in for yet another bad day in the swamp. Am I right? Or could these first three games be enough to get some kinks out. If for some reason we do pull it out there, and win - will it be a "signature win" for Heupel? Is Bama down this year? Their defense gave up a LOT.
Bad. Your gonna see just the level of against Florida.

I think we really do know whether we’re good or bad. It’s just a matter of whether we’ll face reality or not…

We are not a good team. 6 wins was always gonna be our absolute ceiling this year. Florida UGA Ole Miss and Bama is gonna curb stomp us but maybe just maybe we will get better as the season goes. We can beat USC Jr Mizzou and Vandy. I think we have a chance at Ky too.
We aren’t good but we aren’t God awful either. We got to keep the faith and keep behind our team. They didn’t half ass around coming off a tough loss which is a good sign about their attitude

We will see merciless brutality inflicted upon the gentlemen in orange this season.

We have half of our win total for the season I fear.

Reactions: Remy
Don't know why anyone would think we are world beaters. New coach, new system and tons of portal loses
I see progress from last year. Special Teams are doing good, D looks to have stepped it up. Team didn't give up last week when they were down.
Seems to be playing all 4 qtrs
I also think if we started Hooker last week we would have won even with the Refs one sided calling
We need to at least look like we're on the move in order to get more quality players to come here and build some depth.

We aren’t good but we aren’t God awful either. We got to keep the faith and keep behind our team. They didn’t half ass around coming off a tough loss which is a good sign about their attitude
I agree the kids played hard out there. No hangover from last week and that is good coaching. The talent just isn't there right now. Gonna take a couple classes before we can be competitive in the East.

I'm not getting my hopes up, I'll be pulling and hoping the Vols can win, but I'm not going to be surprised if we lose. If we get blown out I'm going to be pissed. But that's just me.

Reactions: Deebowbear
Are you watching the UGA/SC game? SC has a much better QB and defense than we do. I am
Not so sure we beat them.

Yeah, I wasn’t concerned about SCar till I started watching this game tonight. They are every bit as good as us. Will be a tough game to win

Reactions: BigOrangeTrain
We are not a good team. 6 wins was always gonna be our absolute ceiling this year. Florida UGA Ole Miss and Bama is gonna curb stomp us but maybe just maybe we will get better as the season goes. We can beat USC Jr Mizzou and Vandy. I think we have a chance at Ky too.
You are out of your mind if you think we can beat Kentucky, heck I think we will get our ass handed to us by South Carolina.

Reactions: Tnslim1
Yeah, I wasn’t concerned about SCar till I started watching this game tonight. They are every bit as good as us. Will be a tough game to win

It’s really sad. Shane Beamer has never been a HC before. Yet it seems he can get better QB play than Heupel.

Reactions: Pickle1
We do not play nor are coached to play it appears sound fundamental winning football. Our team may decide to at some point. However the SEC games tend to expose teams their weaknesses rather than allow them to continue with winning. Time will tell.

The spin move fumble sealed it for me. We have hand me down QBs that didn’t win in easier places. We’re playing lower level ACC football in the SEC. Not a great situation.
We have a 5 star quarterback sitting on the bench and our brain dead coach is too stupid to play him!

You are out of your mind if you think we can beat Kentucky, heck I think we will get our ass handed to us by South Carolina.

UK struggled with Chattanooga. They aren’t very good. South Carolina isn’t any good. TN isn’t either. We can beat UK. Will we? Hard to say.

Reactions: dduncan4163
We’re not a good team but we’re playing with grit and emotion. The one thing I wanted to see with a new staff.
We’re not terrible but have nowhere near the depth needed to compete in the SEC. IMO Milton will start in the lizard pool. May see the Hooker by halftime. After watching the lizards tonight, I think we stay within 14.
Bailey throws a nice ball but has a long way to catch up. Reps will do that and I think he’s a serviceable backup until he learns. I hope Hype is in his ear about the future.

Reactions: dduncan4163
I don’t think Heupel is very interested in getting Bailey reps. He didn’t recruit him and he’s not the ideal qb for his offense.

Unfortunately Bailey would probably be better off transferring to a school where he will be valued.

It’s really sad. Shane Beamer has never been a HC before. Yet it seems he can get better QB play than Heupel.

It doesn’t help we’ve lost half our OL in the first three games. I’m still hopeful that Hooker will learn to protect the ball. I think he has more upside than the rest. We’re just so overdue for a QB to really have the light to come on.

VN Store

Back