Recruiting Forum Football Talk IV

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think most people here know we are going to lose to UF. They are a top SEC team. Pitt is not a special team and we imploded with multiple questionable decisions. Pitt was beatable and we couldn’t finish it
Get back to me in a week. We’ll all be cued up for a signature win

Yeah we don't use that particular text but that standard needs a huge focus on density. Ocean currents come down to density because of heat or salt concentration.

Send me your email and I'd be happy to help you out in any way I can. I'm fortunate to work in a great system with seven other teachers that also teach sixth grade science in my school. It helps when planning lessons to have them to share the load.

I’ll give you my personal: adamgovols14@yahoo.com

I don’t trust everyone on VN to not spam my work email, haha!

My point was the coaches may have never known Dobbs was a gamer if the QBs in front of him never got hurt. He may have transferred before year 3 if he had to wait behind the practice warrior QBs.

IIRC, Dobbs first appearance was the 2nd half against Bama where he led TN to a couple TDs which was light years better than the QBs ahead of him did against Bama. His 2nd appearance was USCJr where he directed a miraculous comeback for the win. So no matter his early stats, the coaches were forced to find out he was a gamer and should have been QB1 all along.
No…. He shouldn’t have been….. he wasn’t ready….. you are remembering the good times…… the plan all along was to redshirt him a year to allow him to grow as a player…. We should have had him again in 2017 when he had become a dominate player but injuries ruined that plan.

Reactions: hooter vol
I just took a job as a substitute teacher while I’m in a program to get my teaching certificate post-degree.. which is me basically admitting defeat on my history degree being useful for anything other than teaching

But I asked some of my old teachers at my high school what I’m walking into and he said it’s a hell hole. It’s the biggest school in the state, and very diverse. Racial tensions “haven’t been this high here since the early 90’s.”

Great.
Congrats on the knife fights

Less serious note, but still need help on it.. my apartment has these tiny little gnats flying around. Not many, but I’ll notice one here or there. Or fly across the TV, etc.

My house is clean, the only “dirty” thing about it is having two cats in a one bedroom apartment. So where are they coming from? How do I get rid of them? I dumped both litter boxes hoping that’d help, but it hasn’t.
Another possibility. Do you have house plants? I had a planter with flower seedlings in it and started getting gnats last spring. The potting mix was mostly organic material that apparently had gnat eggs in it, and they were hatching, especially if I was overwatering the plants. I moved the planter outside and no more gnats.

Reactions: VolsDoc81TX
Probably drain flies or fruit flies. They’re easy to get rid of with a few household items.

1) Pour about 1 cup of apple cider vinegar in a bowl.
2) Add a big scoop of sugar. Mix until dissolved.
3) Cover the bowl with Saran Wrap or similar and poke 1/8” holes in the top

Put it near drains or food or wherever you see them most. They’ll climb in but typically can’t get out so the closer the cover is to the liquid the more likely they climb in and drown.

View attachment 394994
I will vouch that this works. Had terrible fruit fly problem and it cleared them up.

Reactions: Jack Burton
My point was the coaches may have never known Dobbs was a gamer if the QBs in front of him never got hurt. He may have transferred before year 3 if he had to wait behind the practice warrior QBs.

IIRC, Dobbs first appearance was the 2nd half against Bama where he led TN to a couple TDs which was light years better than the QBs ahead of him did against Bama. His 2nd appearance was USCJr where he directed a miraculous comeback for the win. So no matter his early stats, the coaches were forced to find out he was a gamer and should have been QB1 all along.

That was in 2014. He had to play in 2013, and he was not good. Lost his first 3 starts and beat UK in last game.

They wanted to redshirt him again in 2014. But the issue was Worley lost 35-32 to UGA and 10-9 to UF early in the year, so he was just on the cusp of getting big wins. Coaches usually see that as correcting just a couple of things, and the team can win. Just not as simple as you guys make it out.

Reactions: volbeast33
Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back