Recruiting Forum Football Talk IV

Status
Not open for further replies.
This QB talk is tiresome. Makes VN not worth checking into for any actual info/conversation/banter.

Can we not just trust the coach that’s had offensive success all over the place to put the guy in that he thinks is best for the job? Quit projecting your disdain for the last few years over this group of coaches and players. I have no doubt huepel is trying to win. If he thinks Milton/Hooker/Bailey are the best option I have no doubt he’ll play them.

With that said, we going to get any injured/out players back this week or we resting them to be healthy for Gainesville?
@Ulysees E. McGill @ndubvols

Who do you guys think should be QB?

Serious question not being a smarty here. For how long? That's the tricky part. You think if he starts at UF and does the same thing he gets pulled and we just ride with Hooker or Bailey? In that order I am sure lol I just don't want the same to happen as last year and yes I know your going to say CH knows better but unfortunately we want know that until it happens. I am backing CH. I so want him to be successful.

They want Milton in SEC play. Seems they'd like to let him keep throwing deep until he figures it out because that's the offense they want. If they don't trust the other two, they'll continue to ride the upside CJH sees in Milton.

This QB talk is tiresome. Makes VN not worth checking into for any actual info/conversation/banter.

Can we not just trust the coach that’s had offensive success all over the place to put the guy in that he thinks is best for the job? Quit projecting your disdain for the last few years over this group of coaches and players. I have no doubt huepel is trying to win. If he thinks Milton/Hooker/Bailey are the best option I have no doubt he’ll play them.

With that said, we going to get any injured/out players back this week or we resting them to be healthy for Gainesville?
I should have an update on them Friday.

So Pitt put up 397 yards against us in the game. 280 of those came in a sequence that resulted in 27 points in Q2.

The other drives the rest of the game? 127 yards allowed.

Folks, we’re getting closer. Would’ve loved to score a hundy on them but as crappy as our O is made out to be, we still put up 34 and minus a defensive lapse in Q2, we could’ve blown them out of the water.

Game 2 of a new regime, new schemes, old players buying in, I’ll take where we’re at and looking forward to WTFA this weekend.

So Pitt put up 397 yards against us in the game. 280 of those came in a sequence that resulted in 27 points in Q2.

The other drives the rest of the game? 127 yards allowed.

Folks, we’re getting closer. Would’ve loved to score a hundy on them but as crappy as our O is made out to be, we still put up 34 and minus a defensive lapse in Q2, we could’ve blown them out of the water.

Game 2 of a new regime, new schemes, old players buying in, I’ll take where we’re at and looking forward to WTFA this weekend.

I like this take.

They want Milton in SEC play. Seems they'd like to let him keep throwing deep until he figures it out because that's the offense they want. If they don't trust the other two, they'll continue to ride the upside CJH sees in Milton.

If Milton can't go this weekend, then imo Hooker takes the spot and runs with it. Would be a kick to the nuts if Milton sat this weekend, Hooker shows out and Milton starts against FL after not playing for two weeks almost.

You didn’t know that many posters on message boards know better than highly paid coaches? Heupel and his staff spend every waking moment evaluating, coaching, teaching, studying film, etc. But if they want to know how to properly choose a QB they just need to ask VN. Can’t believe they haven’t figured that out yet. Idiots.

You didn’t know that many posters on message boards know better than highly paid coaches? Heupel and his staff spend every waking moment evaluating, coaching, teaching, studying film, etc. But if they want to know how to properly choose a QB they just need to ask VN. Can’t believe they haven’t figured that out yet. Idiots.
Same thing was said about Pruitt’s staff. And Butch’s. And Dooley’s. Etc.

I trust Heup with QB’s, but they aren’t infallible

I trusted the last three staffs, yet they failed me. It’s maybe not fair, yet understandable to at least question this staff.

TWSS, again.

Lol..I'm responding to someone, if you don't like it, then don't read it...that is so f'n simple, even a dumbass can figure it out, or even better, you could just ignore me 🤷‍♂️ either way I don't give a runny 💩 what you think.

Have a nice day..🙋‍♂️
Always think it is funny when posters tell others to put them on “ignore”. That street goes both ways. BTW, you seem to use a lot of profanity in your responses especially for one who professes to be a Christian. Hope you have a good day as well as each day I wake up beats the alternative.

Last edited:
Reactions: barrylee
That is a load of 🐃💩..I have rode that horse in the past but not anymore. Highly paid coaches and personnel directors/GMs all over get it horribly wrong all the dang time at every level.

I hope this bunch turns out to get it right...I don't care to be proven wrong, I would love it.

Always think it is funny when posters tell others to put them on “ignore”. That street goes both ways. BTW, you seem to use a lot of profanity in your responses especially for one who professes to be a Christian. Hope have a good day as well as each day I wake up beats the alternative.
Adios..here we go with the personal crap...🙋‍♂️

Yeah I know…. We still put the second most points on that team in the last two seasons although we definitely left points on the field.
Correct and the recent ESPN poll has Pitt #17 (higher than Auburn I believe). Given the points we left on the field and the obvious biased officiating, perhaps we are making more progress than the negative nancies realize🤷‍♂️

I trusted the last three staffs, yet they failed me. It’s maybe not fair, yet understandable to at least question this staff.

TWSS, again.
I’m more sensitive to it bc I coach/have coached several different youth sports…. One time I got talked into coaching the boys middle school soccer team…. We were not that talented but we got put in a division where we would get our butts kicked… instead of whining and getting moved down… I kept us in that league bc I knew they reseeded for tournaments and it was better to lose the regular season and win a championship then it was to dominate the regular season and get spanked in the tournament…. I explained this to all the parents and players.

We got destroyed in several games….. parents tried to remove me as coach….. later on the players tried to replace me with the female science teacher…..I stayed with it and we ended up beating 3 teams including the cross county rivals that we hadn’t beat in years…. We got reseeded for a tournament where we made it to the championship game before falling…. At that point, I was commended for the amazing job I had done and asked to come back next season.

That feels like the way fans behave…. We criticize and try to make decisions based on the most minuscule of details…. Trust the guy coaching and when he proves he can’t get it done then we will move onto the next one…. We just have to make the right hire…. Hope JH is it.

That is a load of 🐃💩..I have rode that horse in the past but not anymore. Highly paid coaches and personnel directors/GMs all over get it horribly wrong all the dang time at every level.

I hope this bunch turns out to get it right...I don't care to be proven wrong, I would love it.
Water buffalo ****? Musk ox poopoo? Clarify please.

Volnation:
1631799340990.gif

It’s been 2 games… say what you want but this isn’t the same staff.

Nobody is infallible, but at least give them a chance to make mistakes/correct them as needed. Everyone complaining about qb’s pretends this staff has been trotting JG out there for 3 years when in reality we’ve seen 2 qb’s in 2 games.

Hope some of you guys aren’t bosses. You’d fire one guy for bad performance then can the next guy after 1 mistake because he reminded you of the last guy. Pretty ridiculous line of thinking at this point in JH’s tenure.

Gabriel did similar to Heath Shula running…. He is not going to run like hooker but they still have to respect him on RPO’s, read option, designed qb runs…. Bailey doesn’t give the team that.

That, however, is not the biggest obstacle Bailey has to overcome….. He has to become more consistent pushing the ball down the field…. Right now… he is third best at doing that….. he continues to work hard and may improve part of his game soon but that is the main thing holding him back.
Not true. He is throwing better down the field than Hooker. And I don’t care if Milton is 100/100 in practice. He hasn’t connected one in a game.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back