Recruiting Forum Football Talk IV

Status
Not open for further replies.
I fully expect a @volbeast33 report of HB running reps with the 1s today 😂
No such luck…. He is not with the team but I am trying to get him to find out if anything has changed….. he did say that he feels that Hooker and Bailey will go this weekend but Milton will start at Florida….. Before anyone melts down that is just his feelings…… can you imagine this place if that was to happen?

No such luck…. He is not with the team but I am trying to get him to find out if anything has changed….. he did say that he feels that Hooker and Bailey will go this weekend but Milton will start at Florida….. Before anyone melts down that is just his feelings…… can you imagine this place if that was to happen?
I mean… that would be kind of messed up if someone completely went off at QB this Saturday even if it is Tennessee Tech. Lol.

It’d be like hey good job throwing for 5 TD passes uhh but we are gunna play Joe… 😂, doubt the coaches would do that

If Harrison Bailey was a 2 Star recruit, no one would be calling for him to be the starter.
I’ve never seen anyone in my life ever, ever, ask for the 3rd string QB to not only skip the back up but be placed under center to start at QB.

Literally the last good qb we had was 3rd string going into the season he broke out.

I mean… that would be kind of messed up if someone completely went off at QB this Saturday even if it is Tennessee Tech. Lol.

It’d be like hey good job throwing for 5 TD passes uhh but we are gunna play Joe… 😂, doubt the coaches would do that
You know chances are one of them will do really good bc of who we are playing and then to go back to Joe….. it would be melt down city.

Last edited:
Reactions: cHiZzLeVOL
The answer to our QB problem:

What's that? on the second play of the video he hits a go route to a receiver in stride? Amazing. "Perfect ball placement. Basically handed the thing to him."

The third play of the video, hits another deep ball perfectly in stride to Velus Jones. Wait? I thought HB was throwing only to walk ons in the spring game? Interesting.

the next play, another dime on a deep ball to a wide open Velus Jones for a touchdown. Man, if only we had a QB on the roster who could hit wide open receivers...

At 2:50, another perfect deep ball to walk on Jimmy Calloway.

At 3:20, a perfect strike on a slant to walk on Andison Coby being guarded by walk on Alontae Taylor

12/15, 260 yards, 2 touchdown passes

Spring games are worthless. Spring practices are not, but the game is just for the fans. I remember watching Crompton light it up in 2008 and we all remember how that season went.

I hope HB turns out to be great, but it’s not uncommon for a high rated QB not to live up to his ranking. I can think of like 5 just from Alabama alone. Simms, Barnett, Bateman, Cornwell, Tuas brother. Outside of Alabama guys, that were supposed to be elite Gunner Kiel, Hunter Johnson, Bruce Ramsey, Max Browne, even Keller Chryst.

It’s a difficult position to evaluate for the next level.

Agree, wonder if Heupel has considered the Spurrier approach of rotating QBs from play to play. With this bunch it might actually work ok.
That was short term and Brindise and Johnson weren’t markedly different skills wise. That was more a Spurrier ego thing than credible strategy.

Reactions: volbeast33
Spring games are worthless. Spring practices are not, but the game is just for the fans. I remember watching Crompton light it up in 2008 and we all remember how that season went.

I hope HB turns out to be great, but it’s not uncommon for a high rated QB not to live up to his ranking. I can think of like 5 just from Alabama alone. Simms, Barnett, Bateman, Cornwell, Tuas brother. Outside of Alabama guys, that were supposed to be elite Gunner Kiel, Hunter Johnson, Bruce Ramsey, Max Browne, even Keller Chryst.

We also saw him last year. The point is, he can hit receivers in stride, and he can hit wide open guys. To this point, Milton can not, and Hooker can't throw the ball with any accuracy more than 10 yards down the field.

I AM SHOCKED!!!
E_VMtuGWQAQQXoK

and to be honest, had he taken the UT job, which was close, he would be bolting for USC mid year - worse than KIFFIN.

Hard to make this stuff up.

OR ... USC about to get Gundy'd by Franklin?! Lord knows we did.
GrimyEcstaticKestrel-max-1mb.gif

We also saw him last year. The point is, he can hit receivers in stride, and he can hit wide open guys. To this point, Milton can not, and Hooker can't throw the ball with any accuracy more than 10 yards down the field.
We are all frustrated with the Milton over throws. But he runs the offense the best of the 2 we’ve seen. I want to see HB run it against tech just to see how smoothly the system goes with him under center.
Bailey has the best sample size of accurate long throws. Hooker is just meh in my opinion. Milton improving accuracy is the best chance we have at winning. Its my opinion, but I think that’s the truth and why Huepel will start him.

And yet you still have to make the throws and play the game. It’s dumb to disregard a game situation and only look at practices.

I swear maybe five people on here played college sports. We scrimmaged ourselves, scrimmaged other teams, practiced a lot, and it all mattered. You can tell who your best players are by looking at a body of work.

We are all frustrated with the Milton over throws. But he runs the offense the best of the 2 we’ve seen. I want to see HB run it against tech just to see how smoothly the system goes with him under center.
Bailey has the best sample size of accurate long throws. Hooker is just meh in my opinion. Milton improving accuracy is the best chance we have at winning. Its my opinion, but I think that’s the truth and why Huepel will start him.
Hooker kept us in the Pitt game and scored multiple times. I don’t know how anyone can say Milton moves the offense way better than Hooker.

Hooker kept us in the Pitt game and scored multiple times. I don’t know how anyone can say Milton moves the offense way better than Hooker.
Because Hooker can't throw the ball beyond the line of scrimmage. He's a RB playing QB.

If Heup can fix Milton, he is by far the better option. If not, we're either going to be extremely run heavy with Hooker, or we need to give HB a shot.

Because Hooker can't throw the ball beyond the line of scrimmage. He's a RB playing QB.

If Heup can fix Milton, he is by far the better option. If not, we're either going to be extremely run heavy with Hooker, or we need to give HB a shot.
I’m not saying he can. I’m just saying Hooker outplayed Milton against Pitt. I still think we need to turn to Bailey. Milton overthrows everything and teams will load the box on Hooker. Gotta get better and quick. But JH has this team fighting and we look way better coached.

What's that? on the second play of the video he hits a go route to a receiver in stride? Amazing. "Perfect ball placement. Basically handed the thing to him."

The third play of the video, hits another deep ball perfectly in stride to Velus Jones. Wait? I thought HB was throwing only to walk ons in the spring game? Interesting.

the next play, another dime on a deep ball to a wide open Velus Jones for a touchdown. Man, if only we had a QB on the roster who could hit wide open receivers...

At 3:20, a perfect strike on a slant to walk on Andison Coby being guarded by walk on Alontae Taylor

I dont understand why he struggles to see the field. Something is up.

Reactions: tnvols72

Then bygawd I better also see Janceck playing WR, that walkon RB playing RB. Bring on all the productive players from out controlled, JV scrimmage and put them on the field vs Florida. Let's roll!!!

No…AGAINST “only walk-ons”. Don’t make me send you to sjt for multi-quote re-education. 😒

Then bygawd I better also see Janceck playing WR, that walkon RB playing RB. Bring on all the productive players from out controlled, JV scrimmage and put them on the field vs Florida. Let's roll!!!
The fact that Jancek caught the first ball has nothing to do with the placement of it. If Milton is overthrowing Hyatt and Jones, how far does he overthrow Jancek?

He also hit Velus and Coby who was being guarded by Taylor, and Jimmy Calloway, which you conveniently ignored because it doesn't fit your narrative.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back