Recruiting Forum Football Talk IV

Status
Not open for further replies.
The cold hard truth is we beat ourselves on Saturday.

Clean it up and we win.

I hate losing but I really hate losing when you should have won. I’d rather just get beat by a better team.

I hate being the better team and losing.
If we have losses like that in year 2+ then I will be very concerned. It sucks, but not going to make too big a deal of it in game 2. Coaches are still teaching the kids how to play their way.

If Milton starts against Florida I think it will be the same story as Pitt. Florida builds a lead and the offense fails to execute on plays that should score. Then Milton will get pulled and the gap will be too large to overcome.
What was I watching? I thought we built a lead vs Pitt. Don't know what I was drinking on Saturday.

Reactions: sneakergawd
I wish the deals were performance based. They could already be, I guess.

Essentially the bigger money deals would equate to being performance based in the idea of the market will pay for the bigger name stars once successful. However, if you mean getting money back for lack of performance, no way. I'm still of the opinion that the NIL's best use, is an incentive to attract better talent, and we should be using it much better than we are currently.

Reactions: TrippieRedd
Meh, he played in front of 107k at Michigan. No excuse for that
I think he had the same issues there as well. I don't think it is the number of eyes its the fact he is not getting used to eyes watching him. I kind of look at it like a kid that wants to pitch in baseball. They can throw it hard and have all the pitches plus throws nothing but strikes at practice. Then when you put a batter up their they couldn't hit the backstop........same ball, same target......different situation......nerves.

What's the sources on that? The whole mental breakdown and refusing to reenter the game thing? I want to read it. Because... I'm an actual VT student, and my roommate at the time is a VT Athletics employee who was on the field for that game... and he never said anything about that.

Kid had a bad game and a bunch of good games. That's somehow worse than the other guy who had a good game and a bunch of bad ones lol?

Point is, he didn't "fail" at VT unless your definition of failure is not winning every game. He's an experienced and quality QB. Of all the QBs we've had on campus since Dobbs he's the most successful.
I’m struggling to get it to link but you can go check it out: Richmond Times Dispatch titled: Virginia Tech quarterback struggled with cold weather against Clemson and not a medical condition.

I think there is a window for a lot of schools to get some really good players that before they may not have had a chance to. Kids are going to see some of the schools as places they can play and succeed and make it to the next level. The Alabama , Clemson brand of football is slowly changing. If you have a team 80 5* players on average only about half will play. They are finding that the ones that are going to be paid play, not set. Winning a National Championship is great but playing on Sunday is the dream and the dream can be found at a bunch of places.

People will argue winning championships brings players which is true but with that being said UT has had some GREAT players and only won one National Championship in the last 60+ years, so go figure. By the way Minnesota, Ole Miss, Arkansas, Pitt, Auburn and Georgia have also won just one in that time frame.

Reactions: VolsDoc81TX
Not to beat a drum here but @Ulysees E. McGill and I said it before Hooker saw the field that he was the best option.
I actually think Bailey would work better if the OL was better. I am afraid he would get broke behind these guys...I don't know what is the deal with him, everybody here bitching at me for believing in him actually made me doubt him.

Somebody in here brought up Danny Weurfel as a comparison, but that dude was made of rubber or something, he was the toughest sob I ever watched us play..to this day he is the only Gator I have real respect for.

I saw him his SR year take the worst beating I have ever witnessed us give an opposing player, and the dude stood in there and shredded us..pass after pinpoint pass after pass after pass right as he was getting hammered..my hat is still off to him for that game.

I don't know if HB is up to that, and he would have to be.

What I think may happen…. Bailey gets action this weekend….. does good….. not see action for the next 3 weeks and people are going to be so ticked.
I don't think so, if he plays well, I think Heupel will ride with him. I don't know what will happen if he does, everyone has made me doubt him. I do want to see him get a real chance to play though, and Milton sucks on the field..just like I said he did.

This is what happened with Hendon Hooker at VT:

Followed this up with, "I think biggest benefit he gives to UT is playing experience."
Screenshot_20210913-134028_Messages.jpg

I don't think so, if he plays well, I think Heupel will ride with him. I don't know what will happen if he does, everyone has made me doubt him. I do want to see him get a real chance to play though, and Milton sucks on the field..just like I said he did.
It’s Tennessee tech so I am not sure how much he will take from this game as far as the QB battle goes.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back