Recruiting Forum Football Talk IV

Status
Not open for further replies.
Heup / Golesh / Hazle have the track record and have certainly earned the benefit of the doubt as far their ability to develop quarterbacks and implement effective offenses. The play-calling is there. Whoever ends up under center, I believe the QB situation will get there, too. They've just done this too many times for it to inexplicably not work here.
Sometimes it’s not coaching though. They can coach Milton all they want and as hard as any player they ever have but in game he has to hit the throws he’s missed. The plays are there to be made.

Heup / Golesh / Hazle have the track record and have certainly earned the benefit of the doubt as far their ability to develop quarterbacks and implement effective offenses. The play-calling is there. Whoever ends up under center, I believe the QB situation will get there, too. They've just done this too many times for it to inexplicably not work here.
Yes, but they've never had the bad mojo of Tennessee to deal with either

I agree… we need a QB.
That was absolutely the difference on Saturday. Pickett was so much better than either Milton or Hooker. If we swap QB, we overcome the penalties and TO (I know, we would not have had any with Pickett) and win by three scores, even if we turn it over three times.

Reactions: KPT_VFL
Sometimes it’s not coaching though. They can coach Milton all they want and as hard as any player they ever have but in game he has to hit the throws he’s missed. The plays are there to be made.

milton is probably not the guy. i don't know what kind of QB battles there were at UCF, but the staff zero'd in on former 3-star dillon gabriel at some point, made him the guy, and he excelled. on paper, there are 3 much more talented qbs on this roster than dillon. its just a matter of time before it clicks for one of them they and explode like so many of heup / golesh / hazle's former qbs have.

milton is probably not the guy. i don't know what kind of QB battles there were at UCF, but the staff zero'd in on former 3-star dillon gabriel at some point, made him the guy, and he excelled. on paper, there are 3 much more talented qbs on this roster than dillon. its just a matter of time before it clicks for one of them they and explode like so many of heup / golesh / hazle's former qbs have.
I believe in them. They’re putting us in good place to score points. Just need a QB to get it together and we will have the season we thought we could have.

Yeah, what people should be slightly worried about...

Maurer, Hooker, and Bailey were here for spring ball and the staff got to see them exclusively. Milton didn't come in until Fall Camp but yet he impressed enough to earn 2 starts. So maybe Milton has shown the staff, thus far that he's the best option.

I do think the staff will now take into account the game performances since Hooker looked as good as he did.

Reactions: Geaux_Vols
That Pitt team is vastly overrated. Sure they’re a decent team but they’ll benefit from being in the garbage ACC and will finish with 8-9 wins which ain’t that impressive from how some are making it out to be. They’d lose to Bama, GA, FL by 17+ points easy. Kentucky and Mizzou are better teams we should have beat them. Trouble ahead for the Vols. Now we gotta steal one of Mizzou and Kentucky and hopefully not crap the bed against South Carolina.

They are a solid P5 team. Not excellent, but they have experience at QB and some solid players on defense. There has been nothing stated that overrates them. They were a 3 point favorite, and before the game, I expected them to win about 8 games.

Yeah, what people should be slightly worried about...

Maurer, Hooker, and Bailey were here for spring ball and the staff got to see them exclusively. Milton didn't come in until Fall Camp but yet he impressed enough to earn 2 starts. So maybe Milton has shown the staff, thus far that he's the best option.

I do think the staff will now take into account the game performances since Hooker looked as good as he did.

yeah i don't think anything carries more weight than real game performance. milton seems high risk / high reward. hooker seems a bit more middle of the road, fewer highs and lows. i think tech is going to be a glorified scrimmage where everyone gets some time, and they we'll see where the staff has landed for UF.

Your choice of words twists the knife off that fourth and one.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back