Recruiting Forum Football Talk III

Status
Not open for further replies.
Need some advice. What are good questions to ask the management team interviewing you once interview is done? I have the basics answered already by the recruiter and first interview but need something more in depth? Off topic but whatever

Headed to the Politics Forum to grab some ideas. I think politics and COVID should be the main topics.

My top 5 UT RBs

1. James Stewart - he was the man when I first got into UT football, first autograph too. All time rushing TDs leader as well and 3rd all time in career rushing yards. In classic Fulmer fashion never got to be the featured guy too. 4 year career and spent it splitting carries with Charlie Garner & Aaron Hayden.

2. Travis Henry - only 3k rusher in UT history, National championship, 5.5 ypc #nuffsaid

3. Charlie Garner - only played 2 seasons went over 2k yards while splitting time with Stewart and 6.7 ypc

4. Cedric Houston - probably one most people will argue, but I don't care. Had to split carries with Riggs cause of his name, never got 200 carries in a season and went over 700 yards in 3 of his 4 years here. 7th all-time as well

5. Arian Foster/Jamal Lewis/Jay Graham - can't pick one they all 3 feel similar to me I think Jamal is the clear better RB when you take into account what they did in the NFL and man do I wish he hadn't got injured and left a year early. Jay was the next man up after Stewart/Hayden/Garner left and he had a huge Junior year

I’m sure @Ulysees E. McGill and others have already jumped on you, but no Chuck Webb?

1630553010524.gif

Everyone's attitude is like someone who knows about a huge, awesome surprise party for you and can't stop grinning while trying to keep it secret.

I think the coaches and players already know they are gonna be great and can't wait to let everyone in on the secret Thursday night.
Can you fathom we actually lost an opener to Georgia State?

Who has any insight on where to buy cheap tickets on gameday? I’m assuming there won’t be dudes with fistfuls of tickets standing on Cumberland like in the past. The school needs to have an easy place for fans to walk up and buy tickets day of so they don’t go unused.

The UT site had tickets for like $19 a week ago. Surely some are still available?

My top 5 UT RBs

1. James Stewart - he was the man when I first got into UT football, first autograph too. All time rushing TDs leader as well and 3rd all time in career rushing yards. In classic Fulmer fashion never got to be the featured guy too. 4 year career and spent it splitting carries with Charlie Garner & Aaron Hayden.

2. Travis Henry - only 3k rusher in UT history, National championship, 5.5 ypc #nuffsaid

3. Charlie Garner - only played 2 seasons went over 2k yards while splitting time with Stewart and 6.7 ypc

4. Cedric Houston - probably one most people will argue, but I don't care. Had to split carries with Riggs cause of his name, never got 200 carries in a season and went over 700 yards in 3 of his 4 years here. 7th all-time as well

5. Arian Foster/Jamal Lewis/Jay Graham - can't pick one they all 3 feel similar to me I think Jamal is the clear better RB when you take into account what they did in the NFL and man do I wish he hadn't got injured and left a year early. Jay was the next man up after Stewart/Hayden/Garner left and he had a huge Junior year
Travis Stephens would be in my top 5 solely based on his 2001 season. Especially the Florida game. Made him a Vol legend in my mind.

😀maybe, or just that it’s been a few years so my memory fails me. But I thought if you go south up the hill from there then it’s a straight walk to the stadium and not to bad. Who knows, maybe it was really 30 min and I was just excited walking to the game.
I always park at Children’s. Not a bad walk. If you get there early enough, you take your time doing the strip with other fans before the game and a slight walk up past Gus’s, plus it’s pretty much a straight shoot up 17th to 40 to get out. This is where you need patience.

Reactions: VolsDoc81TX
Why is he better than Fulmer?
Fulmer turned out to be a good coach, but when he was hired, his only HC experience was as interim while Majors was in the hospital. So as far as hires go, Heupel would rate as a better initial hire based off of previous experience. I don't think he was rating Fulmer's overall tenure as a coach, just his initial hire.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back