Recruiting Forum Football Talk III

Status
Not open for further replies.
Imagine this being the bio for your starting QB:

"Played in seven games, all starts for North Dakota State, as the Bison competed in the spring of 2021 at the FCS level... did not play in the season opener, then was the starter for the next seven contests, posting a 5-2 mark, including wins over No. 22 Illinois State, No. 2 North Dakota and No. 21 Northern Iowa... completed 51-of-100 passes with five touchdowns and six interceptions... also rushed 16 times for 19 yards with a score... led the team with 740 yards of total offense."
Sounds like Maurer.

Not at at all…. I was a huge Bailey fan when I thought he was out only hope…. I just didn’t see JG, Maure, or Shrout being any good…. The only issue I have is people not believing he was given a fair chance…. He has not out performed the other QBs….. that is not just me saying it but also every report I have seen on the situation…. He was 3rd coming into the spring with no Joe Milton here and he remains 3rd on the depth chart…. If Joe and Hooker fail so that Bailey gets his shot…. I will become the biggest Bailey fan possible. I just want to win football games.
All of it

My questions for this team:

1. Will the offense struggle against physical teams that disrupt receivers ability to get separation?
2. Will the off-season’s focus on building camaraderie translate to on-field results (I.e. never give up attitudes and comeback wins).
3. Who will step up and be the alpha dog on defense?
My questions for this team:

1. Lamp
2. Where in the world is Carmen Sandiego?
3. Who shot Brandon Davis?

I never made a personal comment. And you compared Hurd to those players the moment you mentioned the all-time record.

As for work, it's overrated. ;)
"You" is a personal pronoun. The rushing record does implicate those players, but favorably. I know I am responding to you. I hope Catbone, Big Gucci Sosa, McGill and Bassmater don't take my response to your post as casting shade on them. It could happen but would be illogical.

Go Vols! Beat the Bowling Greens!

Some things I’m looking for from tomorrow’s game that will make me like Heupel era more than the last two immediately.

1. Better O-line discipline. They don’t have to be perfect, but it feels like we had an insane amount of o line penalties and miscommunications the last two eras.
2. defensive communication. I’ve never seen a team not lined up correctly so often as pruitt’s teams. So frustrating.
3. Splash plays. (This is probably actually number 1) I just want watching Tennessee football to be fun again.

Some things I’m looking for from tomorrow’s game that will make me like Heupel era more than the last two immediately.

1. Better O-line discipline. They don’t have to be perfect, but it feels like we had an insane amount of o line penalties and miscommunications the last two eras.
2. defensive communication. I’ve never seen a team not lined up correctly so often as pruitt’s teams. So frustrating.
3. Splash plays. (This is probably actually number 1) I just want watching Tennessee football to be fun again.

Good list. I want to see:

1. Explosive plays of 25 yards or more - i want to see a bunch of them.
2. Offensive rhythm - limited penalties and alignment or pre-snap penalties.
3. O Line PUSH - let's push some people around for crying out loud
4. D Line PUSH - would be awesome to get pressure on an opposing QB.
5. LB play - Can J Banks be a starter? We are really thin - w would like to be surprised.
6. No injuries :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back