Recruiting Forum Football Talk III

Status
Not open for further replies.
He was his freshman season. And no doubt Kamara was underutilized, but he wasn’t and has never been a workhorse. What made the SC game loss even worse after Hurd quit at halftime was Kamara being out after getting dinged up. Hurd did the heavy lifting in a scheme he didn’t fit.
💯

He was his freshman season. And no doubt Kamara was underutilized, but he wasn’t and has never been a workhorse. What made the SC game loss even worse after Hurd quit at halftime was Kamara being out after getting dinged up. Hurd did the heavy lifting in a scheme he didn’t fit.
I don't know what your definition of work horse is, but Kamara is a primary back in the NFL and was 7th in touches last year.

Tony B is a common fan and can act as such because he is not under the thumb of anyone being his own boss. He can say things that others around town can't because of that. He is refreshing to me.

They are doing an all night Garza Law Firm 5th Quarter Fan Reaction after the game Thursday. Hope Drunk Philly helps host

Tony is decent albeit a little annoying sometimes. I'll listen to him on my drive home from work most days.

A lot of people have been saying our record isn't the most important thing this year, they just want to see a "fun team that plays hard" but then the season starts and a lot of people start equating losing with lack of effort (rather than just not being very good) and say losing can never be fun.

So, I'm curious what a 5-7/6-6 teams looks like to you all that is fun and hardworking, yet is just not that good all-around? The 2012 team? 2014?
You know what's fun?

Winning.

Losing is not fun.

This is from a 247 article about the most talented rosters. Not really sure what this guy is saying, first he puts us in the underachieving section, then says he’s surprised at the talent we have, then says it’s a bad roster.

No. 19 Tennessee: It’s almost shocking how much talent the Vols still have after an offseason exodus. This is not a good roster. But the cupboard isn’t exactly bare for Josh Heupel. The Vols have just one 10-win season since 2005.

Spot on. The video is out there for everybody to watch on this system. He uses the spacing and teaches the receivers how to separate. If the numbers are in our favor in the box, you run subject to down and distance. The QB's analysis is quick and not overly complicated. If you can run the same play successfully because the D does not adjust, you run the same play until they do. Which has always been my biggest complaint. For years we would have a successful play. The coaches would then pull the guy (RB or receiver) out who did the successful play and let him rest on the sideline instead of continuing to use him and similar plays until the D stopped them or the guy was totally exhausted. With the tempo of this O they stay on the field until he's too tired to go or the situation calls for a different package.

The schedule sets up for this to be really fun this season if they can use even half the playbook and Milton is good at his reads and reasonably accurate. That was the biggest downfall of #2 - he could not or would not read the coverage or the box. He froze. The stage was too big. All three of our QB's appear to be much better suited to be QB and run this O.

Heup has talent to throw to like he's never had in his years from Mizzou through UCF.
Absolutely spot on man. it’s killed me watching those same things. We just haven’t utilized the skill sets and ego from the staff have brought everyone down. No adjustments, no creativity or aggression. It has sucked to watch. Our best players would touch the ball a couple times a game and that’s it.
This will be fun bc it’s all about the players. It’s so simple but they just keep doing it over and over forever if it’s working. Safeties playing against us will be in hell bc they’re lining up further away and can’t help in the run game. Then on the other end they are running with good athletes in space. And one thing we do have is speed. The next layer is If LBs do stay around the box on us then you’ll see us attack them with RBs in the pass game until they back off. WRs will get more 1 on 1s this yr than they have ever had in their career. And we will also run a lot of adjustable routes. The second and third levels can get out on skates very quickly. Somebody like Henry T would get smoked against this and obviously Crouch too with his Fullback speed. This entire scheme is just taking the thinking out of it and letting your ability shine through. And for Milton that could be a scary sight for opponents. Just my two cents.

Hoping to get some bear breast milk?
R.f03e27ad390a36f10824f1988ee3ec39

R.c2af51b1812caaeb9d0416f70310109c

I don't know what your definition of work horse is, but Kamara is a primary back in the NFL and was 7th in touches last year.
Rushing attempts. His best seasons in New Orleans were playing off Mark Ingram. How many 20+ carry games does he average?

Reactions: VFLz15
I don't think having fun is what's important. We do need to see a team that is engaged and improving. Tennessee hasn't had players or coaches that wanted to be at a game since half time of the UGA game and I think it goes back to when Pruitt pulled JGs face mask at Bama.
I agree….trust me if points are being put on the board then everyone will be engaged bc that means you got a chance.

Reactions: SweetasSoda
A lot of people have been saying our record isn't the most important thing this year, they just want to see a "fun team that plays hard" but then the season starts and a lot of people start equating losing with lack of effort (rather than just not being very good) and say losing can never be fun.

So, I'm curious what a 5-7/6-6 teams looks like to you all that is fun and hardworking, yet is just not that good all-around? The 2012 team? 2014?

This is a good question. To me it means scaring the hail out of Bama/UF/UGA. Whether we win one or not i would like all 3 of those teams to circle us on the schedule in 2022. They should never overlook us again moving forward. This year is the last time.

Absolutely spot on man. it’s killed me watching those same things. We just haven’t utilized the skill sets and ego from the staff have brought everyone down. No adjustments, no creativity or aggression. It has sucked to watch. Our best players would touch the ball a couple times a game and that’s it.
This will be fun bc it’s all about the players. It’s so simple but they just keep doing it over and over forever if it’s working. Safeties playing against us will be in hell bc they’re lining up further away and can’t help in the run game. Then on the other end they are running with good athletes in space. And one thing we do have is speed. The next layer is If LBs do stay around the box on us then you’ll see us attack them with RBs in the pass game until they back off. WRs will get more 1 on 1s this yr than they have ever had in their career. And we will also run a lot of adjustable routes. The second and third levels can get out on skates very quickly. Somebody like Henry T would get smoked against this and obviously Crouch too with his Fullback speed. This entire scheme is just taking the thinking out of it and letting your ability shine through. And for Milton that could be a scary sight for opponents. Just my two cents.
This is how we used to do it in the "sandlot", street, park, side yard, etc.

2013 and 2014 come to mind. Not sure about "fun," but those teams played hard and didn't quit, and it felt like we were actually building something long term. The 2013 UGA game with the Pig Howard fumble stands out to me. For us older fans, the 1988 team that lost its first 6 and then won its last 5 is another good one, and it turned out we actually were building something great. Most of the other losing seasons in my lifetime have been at the end of the road for various regimes, so I wouldn't consider 2012 all that fun. I guess 2018 had a couple of moments of fools' gold (Auburn and Kentucky), but it turned out the blowouts were much more indicative of where we were as a program.

Conversely, the last coach we had since Fulmer that had a winning record his first year was Kiffin, and just think about the excitement that generated. If Heupel goes 7-5 this place will be lit.

I’ll be honest, I won’t be having fun if we’re 5-7 or 6-6, even if they’re all close losses.

Reactions: Smokeytom and NMVol
Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back