Recruiting Forum Football Talk III

Status
Not open for further replies.
My thoughts on QB.

Im pulling for all 3. I like all 3 for their own things. I have questions about all 3.

Milton - easily wins job despite 15 less practices than the others. If you forget about HS rankings and look at the 3 side by side throwing the ball.. who looks like the 5 star NFL talent? Milton without question the release, the strength, the size, the ability to move in the pocket. He Carries himself like a pro. He had the hype at Michigan and started well until the thumb injury. Milton is the guy with best chance to go pro first if he has success. Sooner you get a guy with a big year and drafted the easier recruiting QBs yearly happens. Trust me if he gets Milton to his potential ceiling then QBs will start lining up. The questions are will he be accurate and consistent and how much of the problem was the thumb, harbaugh conflicted with what system to run and what was Milton himself.

Hooker - I liked watching him at Va Tech. Love his ability to run with ball and also can make some good throws at times. I wouldn’t be surprised if we have red zone package for him this year. Doubt see it until Pitt. Doesn’t stretch field vertically with his arm. Struggles with cold conditions due to some health thing he had going on at va tech so you have to be concerned of how he would do late in year.

Bailey- cool and calm sometimes to a fault. Can apply touch and throws catchable ball. Better mobility than people give him credit for. My issues are he never has looked like a guy since being here that you go yeah that is why he was a five star. Looks more like a solid 4 imo. Doesn’t do anything that wows you just gets the ball to the playmakers. Heavy footed and a slow release. Needs to just let it rip sometimes. Really a guy that would be smart to go the Mac Jones route. Work hard and improve and strike with avengance when his number is called. Let his mind become his strength by throwing people open and being able to read defenses instantly. Continue working on his body. He got too big in Hs to protect himself from the hits. He is making progress yearly. Covid year really hurt him but body wise I see him getting in better shape. Work in getting quicker feet and getting the ball out decisively. Still believe he can be starter here even next yr.

Great post.

Fun question:

Who is the GREATEST football coach ever born in the state of Tennessee.
220px-Bill_Belichick_2019_crop.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back