Recruiting Forum Football Talk III

Status
Not open for further replies.
Lmao. Yes because he was a volume runner. He only averaged 4.5 YPC...less than Ty Chandler did. And he was getting worse each season until his 3rd year...3.7 YPC woof. He was the 3rd best rusher on his own team once AK showed up.
I'm not sure I agree totally. Hurd could do things Kamara couldnt. Hurd was a good rb, Kamara is a great RB. They should have found a way keep them all involved and had them on the field at the same time. Ty Chandler couldn't carry Hurds jock from a impact perspective.

A lot of people have been saying our record isn't the most important thing this year, they just want to see a "fun team that plays hard" but then the season starts and a lot of people start equating losing with lack of effort (rather than just not being very good) and say losing can never be fun.

So, I'm curious what a 5-7/6-6 teams looks like to you all that is fun and hardworking, yet is just not that good all-around? The 2012 team? 2014?

i think one of the biggest things Joe Milton will benefit from is not having to think as much. That goes such a long way. For example, we will lineup using these really wide splits to make teams defend the entire width of the field. Basically if youre a LB you have to declare whether youre going to be a box player or stay to pass coverage principles because you cant just sit there. So its easier to read for a QB ultimately bc the defense was forced to show their hand. The entire veer and shoot is to give consistent deep shots to your WRs and QB RPOs in order to keep the defense from getting numbers in the box. Obviously if the numbers are favorable then you get hit with the run game. Its super simple but its all deadly.

Spot on. The video is out there for everybody to watch on this system. He uses the spacing and teaches the receivers how to separate. If the numbers are in our favor in the box, you run subject to down and distance. The QB's analysis is quick and not overly complicated. If you can run the same play successfully because the D does not adjust, you run the same play until they do. Which has always been my biggest complaint. For years we would have a successful play. The coaches would then pull the guy (RB or receiver) out who did the successful play and let him rest on the sideline instead of continuing to use him and similar plays until the D stopped them or the guy was totally exhausted. With the tempo of this O they stay on the field until he's too tired to go or the situation calls for a different package.

The schedule sets up for this to be really fun this season if they can use even half the playbook and Milton is good at his reads and reasonably accurate. That was the biggest downfall of #2 - he could not or would not read the coverage or the box. He froze. The stage was too big. All three of our QB's appear to be much better suited to be QB and run this O.

Heup has talent to throw to like he's never had in his years from Mizzou through UCF.

A lot of people have been saying our record isn't the most important thing this year, they just want to see a "fun team that plays hard" but then the season starts and a lot of people start equating losing with lack of effort (rather than just not being very good) and say losing can never be fun.

So, I'm curious what a 5-7/6-6 teams looks like to you all that is fun and hardworking, yet is just not that good all-around? The 2012 team? 2014?

15-0 starts tomorrow. Not going to overthink this until I need to...

:)

Lmao. Yes because he was a volume runner. He only averaged 4.5 YPC...less than Ty Chandler did. And he was getting worse each season until his 3rd year...3.7 YPC woof. He was the 3rd best rusher on his own team once AK showed up.
Not sure what is so hard to understand. Think of the coaching he had to overcome to become the second leading rusher in UT history! He would have been UT's all time leading rusher by a mile had he not been lied too.

I don't think having fun is what's important. We do need to see a team that is engaged and improving. Tennessee hasn't had players or coaches that wanted to be at a game since half time of the UGA game and I think it goes back to when Pruitt pulled JGs face mask at Bama.

Reactions: orangebloodgmc
How about he wasn’t even the best RB on our roster when he was here?
He was his freshman season. And no doubt Kamara was underutilized, but he wasn’t and has never been a workhorse. What made the SC game loss even worse after Hurd quit at halftime was Kamara being out after getting dinged up. Hurd did the heavy lifting in a scheme he didn’t fit.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back