Recruiting Forum Football Talk III

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wow...my wife was just leaving to go to work and a huge bear was dragging garbage out of our dumpster so I went out and ran it off...we have known it was doing this occasionally for several months, and we have seen his tracks in the mud where we had a new septic system put in a few months ago after a rain, but this is the first time we caught him doing it. It is one of the biggest black bears I have ever seen 😳😳😳😳
McGill like…

1630491637917.gif

I'm not that personally invested in outcomes; too old I guess. In some ways football is predictable, not necessarily from game to game, but over the course of a season. If a team loses enough key players or gets perilously thin at a couple of position groups, it generally turns some of what should/could have been wins into losses. "Next man up" is the fans' feel-good saying, but those top players really need to mesh during the offseason and then keep that continuity during the games. Fans for some reason forget the key injuries and load all blame for the losses on the remaining players or the coaches.

Joe Burrow and his receiving corps during 2019 is a good example. They worked hard over the preceding summer, and then 9 of his top 10 pass catchers all played in either 14 or 15 games that season (Terrace Marshall 12 games). The result was probably the most effective college passing attack I've seen. Butch Jones is a good counter example. He may not have ever become a championship coach, but he had a horribly bad streak of injury luck in his last two seasons at UT and that, along with some management issues, scuttled his chances of success.
I won’t beat the Butch Jones thing to death again, however, it is all his fault for that streak of bad luck with injuries his last 2 years. He fired the one guy who had his team physically ready to play in the SEC, which would have most likely prevented a lot of those injuries…Dave Lawson. That decision alone is what cost him his job. There were other things that added to the snowball, but that really got it rolling down hill fast.

The joe Milton deep dive on the athletic has got me jacked. If Heup / Golesh / Hazle can get a fraction of this kids potential out of him he’s going to be light years ahead of every guy that’s lined up under center not named Manning (or dobbs, I guess?) for tennessee in most of our lifetimes, though his physical gifts probably surpass both of them. Sounds like the mental stuff is coming together. I’m trying not to let my imagination run away, but man… we really could have something special.

The article not so subtly references how harbaugh, an alleged qb guru, hasn’t had consistent qb play since he’s been there. lol.
Yes….. it has me fired up too…. My guy that has seen him practice is in awe of him….. I feel like Heup will always have good QB play…..With Milton, it has a chance to be great…. Like Milton versus Gabriel at UCF…… the offense was so much more open when Milton was the qb compared to Gabriel. Joe has the physical skills to lead us well above 7 wins….. please, please, please….. let something like that happen for us…..

Wow...my wife was just leaving to go to work and a huge bear was dragging garbage out of our dumpster so I went out and ran it off...we have known it was doing this occasionally for several months, and we have seen his tracks in the mud where we had a new septic system put in a few months ago after a rain, but this is the first time we caught him doing it. It is one of the biggest black bears I have ever seen 😳😳😳😳
A87A8258-7EB2-4FDB-9D41-6D6D89EA1791.gif

They're packing on the pounds right now. May get worse from now until the acorns start dropping. We're in that period where most berries are gone and most fawns are too old to take advantage of.

If he's a consistent pest, archery season starts Sept 25th and rifle starts either Oct 2nd or 9th (depending on where you live).

They're packing on the pounds right now. May get worse from now until the acorns start dropping. We're in that period where most berries are gone and most fawns are too old to take advantage of.

If he's a consistent pest, archery season starts Sept 25th and rifle starts either Oct 2nd or 9th (depending on where you live).
You talking about Tennessee? Rifle season doesn’t start until late november. Muzzleloader the first Saturday of November.

Edit: I just saw you were talking about bear. Sorry

Reactions: SoilVol
Over under 80k tomorrow night???

(Actual butts in seats)

i am taking under as I am hearing of many many many tickets that can’t even be given away for the game. This is a bad year for a Thursday opener imo.

Half of y’all that post on here are bat s*** crazy. Lol. Literally explained myself thirty times and people still kept picking at one line or one sentence. And literally don’t know when to stop. And still don’t.
Eh, at the end of the day we all want to win so we can be the most annoying fanbase in the country. This forum gives us great practice on the annoying part, LOL.

I think we’ve all witnessed the singular impact a quarterback can make on the rest of a football team. We’ve just witnessed it acting as a cinderblock. If this really starts clicking, I think we may see what it looks like when it acts like a rocket ship.
So we're taking Cam Newton at Auburn type stuff... I'm good with that.😉

But we aren't going to miss these guys according to the talent evaluators in our fan base

NHDC
They aren’t Vols, so not missed at all.
The ones with some talent were paid by Pruitt to be here. They left when the money did. They were never Vols and they were major contributors to a 3-7 season. So are there any on that list that we need? No. Will we do better without them? Yes!

Go Vols!

Not go mercenaries…😳

Pics, I want pics!

People can complain all they want, Jalen Hurd was the best running back UT has had since Travis Stephens. If he had stayed he would have shattered all the records.
That is one of the hugest ifs of all time. He quit on his team. That will be what I remember the most about him.

The $64k question is why Heupel went after Milton to start with, not why Milton was the choice coming out of camp. If we knew that, we'd know if this was a "not yet" vs "not ever" situation.

Also might have been as simple as we needed more depth and Milton was available. He might have felt that HB was just fine, we just needed another competent QB on the roster and he had no confidence in Maurer.

In the end, if we stand a chance of keeping @VolsDoc81TX from offing himself when we end up 14-1 following a loss in the playoffs, we will probably need great play out of all of our QBs. I for one am thrilled that QB1, QB2, and QB3 are all much better than Rogue 2.

I survived the last decade+ of misery, I will be here regardless, never, ever a fear of me “offing myself “ I am cautiously optimistic that we are going to have a truly fun season and not miss any of the misery. I am already excited just having coaches and players who actually give a damn about Tennessee…

With that being said, 15-0 🤠

When watching TN Prime yesterday, I came away with a strong impression that Joe Milton is a team first type of guy.

From the answer he gave about the NIL and when Swain asked him about what type of legacy he wants to leave behind at UT.

Joe also talked about how the whole Michigan fiasco humbled him...hope he lights it up this year

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back