'22 TX CG Cason Wallace

Two days ago, at least in EKY, it was perhaps the most miserable day I've seen in many years in terms of heat/humidity.

At 9pm, it was still 88 degrees and 67% humidity. You walked outside and it felt like you literally walked into a sauna. Today is much more comfortable (81°), though still rather humid.

Too bad he isn’t visiting Alabama. It’s been mid 90s from noon-7 pm with humidity in the 80s all week, it would scare off anyone. I need fall football weather ASAP.

I am still feeling doubtful this recruitment goes our way now that UK is in the running, but I 100% agree that if Wallace doesn't make an emotional decision and still visits Texas and Tennessee, we'll come out swinging as well and leave a great final impression. And, at this point, that's all you can really ask.

I am still feeling doubtful this recruitment goes our way now that UK is in the running, but I 100% agree that if Wallace doesn't make an emotional decision and still visits Texas and Tennessee, we'll come out swinging as well and leave a great final impression. And, at this point, that's all you can really ask.
Yup..and he’s gonna decide early so we should have time to adjust if need be.

Reactions: MinisterofDef#92
Might be that we have to leave a greater NIL impression going forward on Wallace and other high level recruits if we want to continue to recruit those waters

How do recruits get a realistic idea of what their NIL potential likely is at a school?
I'm certain it is already being discussed behind closed doors with boosters. It isn't technically allowed to be discussed with recruits as an enticement to attend School X, but I'm sure it is mentioned indirectly in a
hypothetical sense.

"Cason, we just want to assure you that becoming an athlete at the University of Tennessee sets you up in the immediate term, as well as in the future as it relates to career opportunities within the city of Knoxville and state of Tennessee, and beyond. We have an extensive network of wealthy and successful alumni that are always interested in interacting professionally with former athletes, and in light of recent NCAA changes, with some of our current athletes. Opportunity is limitless to build your personal brand."

That is without getting into specific numbers, but is reassuring to kids that the means exist, and then he talks with current players about some of their deals and what their business partners can do for Cason Wallace.

I'm certain it is already being discussed behind closed doors with boosters. It isn't technically allowed to be discussed with recruits as an enticement to attend School X, but I'm sure it is mentioned indirectly in a
hypothetical sense.

"Cason, we just want to assure you that becoming an athlete at the University of Tennessee sets you up in the immediate term, as well as in the future as it relates to career opportunities within the city of Knoxville and state of Tennessee, and beyond. We have an extensive network of wealthy and successful alumni that are always interested in interacting professionally with former athletes, and in light of recent NCAA changes, with some of our current athletes. Opportunity is limitless to build your personal brand."

That is without getting into specific numbers, but is reassuring to kids that the means exist, and then he talks with current players about some of their deals and what their business partners can do for Cason Wallace.
Yeah… I just wonder if at this early stage, kids sense of NIL worth is inflated. It’s not like there’s a limitless pool of money sitting out there for them. The pool is certainly larger at a school like UK but the piece of the pie might be smaller than he could get elsewhere. So then they show up, realize that and then transfer when they aren’t getting the kind of compensation they want?

Yeah… I just wonder if at this early stage, kids sense of NIL worth is inflated. It’s not like there’s a limitless pool of money sitting out there for them. The pool is certainly larger at a school like UK but the piece of the pie might be smaller than he could get elsewhere. So then they show up, realize that and then transfer when they aren’t getting the kind of compensation they want?
I think the pool, in general, is larger at Tennessee. Wealthy boosters are “boosting” both basketball and football. I think we have wealth that supports basketball and football. It doesn’t have to be mutually exclusive because of sport.

The thought of asking an ~17-year old to name their price is pretty funny, IMHO

Why? It’s happened for a couple decades. Maybe not with salaries but LeBron got a deal from Nike at 18. Of course LeBron is one in a million. But teenagers have been able to make money in this generation via a dozen ways for awhile.

Why? It’s happened for a couple decades. Maybe not with salaries but LeBron got a deal from Nike at 18. Of course LeBron is one in a million. But teenagers have been able to make money in this generation via a dozen ways for awhile.

Oh, I'm totally fine with it. I'm just waiting for the first time a prospect asks for $200K plus a healthy adult Bengal Tiger. If you ask a young guy what he wants, requests could get very creative...

VN Store

Back