Tennessee vs Texas (merged)

Presently, Vandy is Tennessee’s biggest rival and on par with a depleted Vol roster….
Unfortunately

Personally, for me, I would have liked a home and home with them back in the 90's when both programs were good.

Reactions: LittleVol
@Weezer actually had a phenomenal idea for this game. Make it "The Battle for Betsy". For those who don't know, "Betsy" was Davy Crockett's rifle. Winner keeps a replica for a year. I think it would be awesome just to see the anti-gun twonks absolutely losing their minds over it.
Obviously it wouldn't be loaded and most likely not even functional so I don't see why anyone would have a problem with this. Sounds cool.

I dont mind adding Texas. It will be even more fun to never see them be good again.

Ouch..that kind of hits home though :(

I saw Texas baseball wearing something that looked like a burnt orange Power T. I thought we had a trademark on the Power T.

Lived in Texas.
Let me tell you. It is just as natural for them to call Texas UT as it is for Tennesseans to call Tennessee UT.

They've a lot of state pride. They're a good addition to the conference. So is OU.
Aggie was little brother that was trying to carve out their own kingdom in the SEC, but Bama, LSU never will allow that to happen.

Texas absolutely has the potential to challenge Bama one day. OU too.

And if you all can't see the benefit of a NEW tradition rich rivalry like Texas vs Tennessee every couple of years, then I don't know what to tell you.

Lived in Texas.
Let me tell you. It is just as natural for them to call Texas UT as it is for Tennesseans to call Tennessee UT.

They've a lot of state pride. They're a good addition to the conference. So is OU.
Aggie was little brother that was trying to carve out their own kingdom in the SEC, but Bama, LSU never will allow that to happen.

And if you all can't see the benefit of a NEW tradition rich rivalry like Texas vs Tennessee every couple of years, then I don't know what to tell you.
Did we just become best friends?

Lived in Texas.

I live in Dallas. All my friends are Texas fans. Texas has the best athletic program in the country and the most money besides A&M. The fact that Texas isnt a powerhouse is down right embarrassing and they know it. They haven’t had a qb since colt mccoy and the can get anyone in the country. Texas produces the best talent in the country with CA and FL. Texas will be there again in time... but the fact I say in time is the “problem” for Texas. I wonder how Sark is gonna do. Herman was a douche. Used to not feed his players the same as others due to performance.. I know some of them. Like steaks and cereal

Texas is a good program. Oklahoma is a very good program. Neither of them will challenge for top spot in the SEC.

Don' get me wrong. They'll get to Atlanta. At least, Oklahoma will. Especially if Bama and Auburn move to the East and the newcomers are put in the West. They'll be competitive with LSU and A&M.

But they're not the ones to end the Saban dynasty.

We're going to have to return to championship form to do that,.

Go Vols!

Reactions: 5FingerVolPunch
Texas is a good program. Oklahoma is a very good program. Neither of them will challenge for top spot in the SEC.

Don' get me wrong. They'll get to Atlanta. At least, Oklahoma will. Especially if Bama and Auburn move to the East and the newcomers are put in the West. They'll be competitive with LSU and A&M.

But they're not the ones to end the Saban dynasty. (emphasis mine)

We're going to have to return to championship form to do that,.

Go Vols!

Saban is the only thing that will end the "Saban Dynasty"...when he leaves Bama.

Reactions: HalfullVol
Lived in Texas.

Im glad our little brother is coming to the SEC

Reactions: VFL-82-JP

VN Store

Back