Tennessee vs Texas (merged)

I’ve been in TX since the mid 80s. The university is commonly called “UT”. In fact almost universally in my experience.
Only called UT… university of Texas did come about like 80 years after university of Tennessee. So Tennessee was first. BUT imo it’s based on location. If someone says to me UT I think texas. I live in texas.

Reactions: MAD
It seems every school hates Texas...I think they are overvalued as a program. What makes them so highly perceived. They really aren't that special. Theyve been able to keep their head above water playing in the big 12. They will be fortunate to be middle of the pack once they play I the conference.

I personally can't wait to see coach Heupel start wrecking his alma mater...Boy they are gonna hate him in Oklahoma!...I honestly hope he is to them what Spurrier was to us.

Reactions: MAD
It seems every school hates Texas...I think they are overvalued as a program. What makes them so highly perceived. They really aren't that special. Theyve been able to keep their head above water playing in the big 12. They will be fortunate to be middle of the pack once they play I the conference.
They rake in more $$ than any other program. Massive fanbase and they will improve their roster quickly w NIL deals. SEC is in denial w where Texas is right now.

I personally can't wait to see coach Heupel start wrecking his alma mater...Boy they are gonna hate him in Oklahoma!...I honestly hope he is to them what Spurrier was to us.
That's the same reason LSU fans hate Saban. Strange isn't it. A guy that brought you a natty is scorned.

Reactions: VOLnMiami
Tennessee squares off against Texas next Saturday at Austin in the SEC/Big 12 Challenge as Barnes looks to beat the school that fired him.

Reactions: HalfullVol
They rake in more $$ than any other program. Massive fanbase and they will improve their roster quickly w NIL deals. SEC is in denial w where Texas is right now.
Blah blah blah. Athletes care more about the future than the now. They want to go where they have the beat chance to get in the league. Texas is sunk right now

This is like arguing which is the hotter Corey
9298fc10c656369233f2ffd3b0cc26ba.jpg

They are joining the conference, and I would like to play them. If they are going to be here, then we should capitalize on the disdain between the two states/fanbases as much as possible, because rivalries are the best part of college sports.

People may flame you, because they are resistant to the change that we have zero power to affect. However, if everything is going to burn, I would at least like to have some fun slugfests before it goes down the tubes.
We will never be able to cheat on a scale to keep up with Texas. It will be comparable to adding another Alabama to the league. If it weren’t for NIL I might not mind them joining.

If it not for the Volunteers from the great state of Tennessee there would be no Texas. So UT refers to the University of Tennessee.

VN Store

Back