Tennessee vs Texas (merged)

Plus Texas is basically Tennessee’s kid. Look at some of their most prominent founders. It’s basically a whose who of Tennesseans.

I think in this one instance it should be a friendly one.

we are the VOLUNTEER state. We are called the VOLUNTEER state for a reason. Our brave men cleaned up problems when they needed cleaning up! All we needed was to be asked. Like when we send our best out to Texas when they needed us. Without our VOLUNTEERS, today Texas would be called Mexico!

GO VOLS!

Reactions: Woodlawn VOL
Texas actually has higher Mountains than Tennessee. They are the eastern edge of the Rockies.

Actually, Texas has higher elevations than Tennessee but few mountains. With the exception of the Big Bend area, there are no what we refer to as 'mountains' (where the elevation exceeds the surrounding territory by 1,000 feet) in the state. It's generally as flat as a board. The 'high plains' tilting from the Mississippi to the foothills of the Rockies is the natural lay of the continent and extends to Canada and includes the promontories of Kansas.

we are the VOLUNTEER state. We are called the VOLUNTEER state for a reason. Our brave men cleaned up problems when they needed cleaning up! All we needed was to be asked. Like when we send our best out to Texas when they needed us. Without our VOLUNTEERS, today Texas would be called Mexico!

GO VOLS!

They were known as Texicans at one point. Germany in WW1 tried to persuade Mexico that if they joined their side, Texas and a couple of other states would be returned to them when the Kaiser won. That communication was made known to POTUS Wilson who then immediately declared war and that piece of history is done. There are active organizations to this day operating to have Texas and other states returned to Mexico. If you use google & EDGE as your search engine you'll never find them. Use duckduckgo or others that are neutral searches about Aztlan. Here's a link to one of the organizations that most Americans have never heard of working to retake land from the USA and return it to Mexico.

What is Aztlan, Raza, and MEChA

There is nothing in Texas like Rocky Top.

There is that southwest corner that comes closest, but God forgot to put plants there. Real plants. Cactus don't count.

Here, let me put my expert geological, geographical, and botanist skills to work:

View attachment 383108

See what I mean? No green mountains. God was probably practicing on Texas before he did his masterpiece in Tennessee.
That is what I like about Volnation. Not only informational, but educational too!!! Where else can you get a geography class while talking about sports? What a well-rounded sect of society!!!!

They were known as Texicans at one point. Germany in WW1 tried to persuade Mexico that if they joined their side, Texas and a couple of other states would be returned to them when the Kaiser won. That communication was made known to POTUS Wilson who then immediately declared war and that piece of history is done. There are active organizations to this day operating to have Texas and other states returned to Mexico. If you use google & EDGE as your search engine you'll never find them. Use duckduckgo or others that are neutral searches about Aztlan. Here's a link to one of the organizations that most Americans have never heard of working to retake land from the USA and return it to Mexico.

What is Aztlan, Raza, and MEChA
“If it wasn’t for Tennessee we’d be a bunch of Mexicans”, I’ve made common cause with tons of Aggies with that little fun fact.

They will call the team UT and because we're not idiots, we'll know exactly who they're referring to because of which team is on the field. When they play against each other it will be Bubba vs Jesse.

At the Texas capitol, there is a memorial for all the Tennesseans who fought for Texas’ independence.

Thanks for posting, I do believe the important roles of Tennesseans are acknowledged and appreciated in TX for the most part

Growing up I used to always hear about them stealing our UT logo, our Power T logo, etc. I don't exactly know how much validity are in those claims but I think the addition to them in the conference could be fun/good for us.

Esp if we can win early. Texas has had their fair share of recent football blunders as well.

We have the similar color schemes, similar logos, and similar state pride.

I know this is likely a stretch, but I've seen some negativity about them and OK joining the conference so I thought maybe we could look at this in a more positive light!!

I think having them on the schedule every few years could be fun. "The Battle for the Power T" or something along those lines. (I'm sure someone could easily come up with a better name than that, lol)

After all we are the REAL UT, and not them. Tennessee should be considered the real UT, not Texas. Here's why.

What do yall think?

They have a monumen dedicated to Davey Crockett down there.

Also if you're a Tennessee resident and live in Texas, you can go to college and be charged In-State tuition rate😮

Reactions: Volprofch05

VN Store

Back