Tennessee vs Texas (merged)

Honestly, I don't care.

My heart is filled with the nickname "Volunteer" and what it stands for. I love the name "Tennessee," it seems mystical and poetic in a native American way. I adore Knoxville. The Power T. The Vol Navy. Walking Horses. Tennessee whiskey.

But I've never felt any strong feelings about the acronym UT. Or UTK, either. It just never struck me as an important part of our identity.

I don't care if there are two UTs. I don't even care if the Texans try to use it in confusing situations. If they want to be petty about it, fine.

There's only one Volunteer spirit, and that spirit helped craft the state of Texas into existence. We're their daddies, just as North Carolina is Tennessee's mama.

They can share UT with us. That's fine.
At least they cant claim Rocky Top since TX is a totally flat space

BBQ goes oink, not mooo
BB19ZLNI.img

Checking out their board, Texas fans sure hate A&M and Arkansas. They seem to see A&M as their little sister. They just have a weird hatred of the Razorbacks.

Why is this so hard for these people to understand?
Because no fans or media care about that.

No one calls USCe "USC". The Trojans are USC to everyone outside of South Carolina.

That said...most media in articles usually write out names. Bama isn't Bama or UA, they're Alabama. We'll be Tennessee and they'll be Texas. But lower media/twitter/fans will call us something else and love doing so.

Our university existed almost 50 years before Texas was a state. There is only one UT, and that is the University of Tennessee.
I once told a guy that played LB at Texas a few years earlier this and he said BS. I said look it up and he did. He was like WTF?

I’ve honestly never heard anybody outside Tennessee call it UT and I’ve never heard anybody call Texas UT.

VN Store

Back