Latest Coronavirus - Yikes

Well, paper masks say right on the box they do absolutely nothing and cloth masks are too porous, don’t fit well, and so on. Literally everywhere that had strict mask mandates the virus still spread. I know numerous people who followed strict mask and distancing guidelines who still got the virus. So I agree with you that it’s stupid we’re still having this debate as those paper and cloth masks do not prevent COVID from spreading. There’s no way to argue otherwise.

Well, paper masks say right on the box they do absolutely nothing and cloth masks are too porous, don’t fit well, and so on. Literally everywhere that had strict mask mandates the virus still spread. I know numerous people who followed strict mask and distancing guidelines who still got the virus. So I agree with you that it’s stupid we’re still having this debate as those paper and cloth masks do not prevent COVID from spreading. There’s no way to argue otherwise.

Who is arguing that wearing a cloth mask offers YOU ironclad protection? The primary purpose is to limit the spread of large droplets containing large amounts of coronavirus from a potentially asymptomatic YOU. If we ALL do that, we can limit the spread for the simple reason that a good chunk of the virus is being retained in the mask and the space between your mug and the mask, or at least not traveling as far away from you as it would without a mask. This is not hard. But it does require our freedumb loving brethren to actually be civically minded for once instead of being selfish a-holes.

Reactions: MAD
Nope, we can say this debate is closed.
View attachment 383112
Nice self-own dude. Go look at Korea's population (~50 million) and their total cases (less than 200k) and compare that with the US's total population (~330 million) and total cases (~34 million). Tack on the density of the population compared to the US, Korea has likely done as well as it has BECAUSE of high mask compliance.

And most important stat: Korea has a little over 2000 deaths. The US, over 600k

Freedumb is a helluva drug.

Reactions: MAD
Who is arguing that wearing a cloth mask offers YOU ironclad protection? The primary purpose is to limit the spread of large droplets containing large amounts of coronavirus from a potentially asymptomatic YOU. If we ALL do that, we can limit the spread for the simple reason that a good chunk of the virus is being retained in the mask and the space between your mug and the mask, or at least not traveling as far away from you as it would without a mask. This is not hard. But it does require our freedumb loving brethren to actually be civically minded for once instead of being selfish a-holes.
What was the point of the vaccine if I'm putting a mask back on?

This administration is a hair's width away from saying the vaccine doesn't work without saying the vaccine doesn't work.

Reactions: whodeycin85
What was the point of the vaccine if I'm putting a mask back on?

This administration is a hair's width away from saying the vaccine doesn't work without saying the vaccine doesn't work.

(1) Many of the vaccinated who are getting infected are getting asymptomatic or mild infections that they may otherwise not attribute to COVID, and (2) they are possible spreaders when infected.

Third, many who aren't vaccinated, seeing the vaccinated live a mask free life, have decided to go maskless. Classic free-riding. If everyone masks up, they will have to too. It sucks to have to set policy based on the dumbest, most recalcitrant in society, but such is the glory of freedumb.

Nice self-own dude. Go look at Korea's population (~50 million) and their total cases (less than 200k) and compare that with the US's total population (~330 million) and total cases (~34 million). Tack on the density of the population compared to the US, Korea has likely done as well as it has BECAUSE of high mask compliance.

And most important stat: Korea has a little over 2000 deaths. The US, over 600k

Freedumb is a helluva drug.
China's numbers are good too. Also, much less "freedum". Possibly a good place for you to relocate.

(1) Many of the vaccinated who are getting infected are getting asymptomatic or mild infections that they may otherwise not attribute to COVID, and (2) they are possible spreaders when infected.

Third, many who aren't vaccinated, seeing the vaccinated live a mask free life, have decided to go maskless. Classic free-riding. If everyone masks up, they will have to too. It sucks to have to set policy based on the dumbest, most recalcitrant in society, but such is the glory of freedumb.

While I won't sign on to the insults, this is ultimately correct. Everyone knew the honor system for unvaccinated folks remaining masked was never going to work. But I think everyone was hoping that we'd have more vaccinated by now.

Reactions: ohhbother
China's numbers are good too. Also, much less "freedum". Possibly a good place for you to relocate.
On matters of public health, it is beneficial to have a compliant population who will actually listen and do what public health experts say. Instead, we got a bunch of toddlers who effectively say "That's not what I WANNA do. It's no fun for ME to wear a mask/socially distance."

Just looking at those accounts on Twitter and at least several of them if not most seem to have far right views about covid. Could not find on several accounts those exact tweets. Seems suspicious.

Pro-vax bots or anti-vax photoshops. It's sad that I can't find either surprising.

Reactions: ENGRVOL
On matters of public health, it is beneficial to have a compliant population who will actually listen and do what public health experts say. Instead, we got a bunch of toddlers who effectively say "That's not what I WANNA do. It's no fun for ME to wear a mask/socially distance."
Compliant you say?

hitler-gif-1.gif

While I won't sign on to the insults, this is ultimately correct. Everyone knew the honor system for unvaccinated folks remaining masked was never going to work. But I think everyone was hoping that we'd have more vaccinated by now.

Sorry for the insults, but it's frustrating when the solutions are so simple and the opposition to those solutions is so stupid and pigheaded.

Why does anyone care? If the vaccine works, why are the unvaccinated dictating policy? I have to put a mask back on because unvaccinated people are getting sick? I don't care. But now the virus has taken another magical turn where I can get it while vaccinated, spread it, but still be asymptomatic.

Why does anyone care? If the vaccine works, why are the unvaccinated dictating policy?

Because the unvaccinated are starting to put a strain on our healthcare system. "Just let the unvaccinated die" isn't sound social policy.

I have to put a mask back on because unvaccinated people are getting sick? I don't care. But now the virus has taken another magical turn where I can get it while vaccinated, spread it, but still be asymptomatic.

It was never presented otherwise. It was known from the beginning that you could still pick it up and pass it on. You know, just like every other vaccine in existence.

VN Store

Back